• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
What’s going on with the door that you enter in looks odd like a big pipe sticking out or is it just me

You're not wrong, it's boarded up with a big pipe sticking out. My best guess is it's a temporary system to extract dust or otherwise improve air quality while work is carried out on the indoor queue. Indicates to me at least that there will likely be a significant change in that room.

You're not wrong, it's boarded up with a big pipe sticking out. My best guess is it's a temporary system to extract dust or otherwise improve air quality while work is carried out on the indoor queue. Indicates to me at least that there will likely be a significant change in that room.
To be Frank, I don't expect much change in the vestibule, but what I am kinda expecting is the flooring to be changed in the queue line as they were very worn out in Duels last years. So, they're probably replacing the old flooring with new ones, it makes sense with the vans in the back, I went to their website, and they do this kind of stuff, including regular flooring for shops. Here's a link to their website. I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on the rides carpentry now, as we've only got weeks left now until the park opens. Let's hope they replace that horrific Exit corridor carpet, yuck!

Screenshot_20230206-000036_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
94F877CE-E688-46C3-9000-F38AB0483826.jpeg

The new form could be a new entrance sign? Permanently route the queue behind the gravestone and through the graveyard, with a fasttrack merge point (green?) could work
That would actually work and be very useful. Means they could cut the line at that merge point and send people up the steps a few at a time. Would prevent the porch from getting congested, thus making it easier for RAP.

To be Frank, I don't expect much change in the vestibule, but what I am kinda expecting is the flooring to be changed in the queue line as they were very worn out in Duels last years. So, they're probably replacing the old flooring with new ones, it makes sense with the vans in the back, I went to their website, and they do this kind of stuff, including regular flooring for shops. Here's a link to their website. I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on the rides carpentry now, as we've only got weeks left now until the park opens. Let's hope they replace that horrific Exit corridor carpet, yuck!

Screenshot_20230206-000036_YouTube.jpg

There really are no mysteries any more.

But why? You have mentioned not expecting many changes throughout, and although we still don't know exactly what they've done, it looks like most of the ride has had a complete and much needed overhaul. So why would they not bother changing Duels crappy vestibule as well?
Mostly because it wasn't a really tampered scene that has worn out, and its in a pretty decent state, it still looks good for what it is and worked for both the HH and Duel, which weren't the exact same theme. The new ride is confirmed to still be a Haunted House/Manor/Ghost Train whichever theme still, and I can see that scene working for the new ride as an introduction to the manor, though I can see a lot of reworks and changes in the Drawing room, blimey, that scene looked poor Ever since the 2020 changes, from the ripped off wallpaper, broken effects, broken floor illusion, ripped bookcase, terrible lighting, you get the jig. I'm not saying it's happening, I'm just having my say on it and what we could potentially see for the new ride, that's all.

I only said what I though because we have a small amount of time until the park reopens for this season, and with the changes happening supposedly in the last few days, it'd make nore sense of it being carpentry purposes with the vans at the back and the small time frame. Can we please go on another subject about the refurbishment?

Last edited:
I'm honestly expecting at least 90% change inside the ride. I know some people are convinced that there will be considerable amounts of theming left, but with the ride closing as early as it did, and a seemingly confirmed dolls house theme (I know it isn't official but dolls being sent to journalists, dolls in the announcement image, a giant pop up dolls house next week), I'll be really surprised if there's a lot of things still in tact in there, that were in there on the 6th September.

I'm honestly expecting at least 90% change inside the ride. I know some people are convinced that there will be considerable amounts of theming left, but with the ride closing as early as it did, and a seemingly confirmed dolls house theme (I know it isn't official but dolls being sent to journalists, dolls in the announcement image, a giant pop up dolls house next week), I'll be really surprised if there's a lot of things still in tact in there, that were in there on the 6th September.
Totally agree; and I don't think that many of the props from the HH/Duel would make sense in a doll's house.

They are not dolls, they are action figures!

If you are stating an estimate of 90% that really only leaves rooms and ride system. We didn’t see any disposed of props outside at any stage so I am not entirely sure how much will have changed. Could they realistically keep the mechanisms and re-dress them to change the theming?

If you are looking at relocation, it would also involve full lighting, cables, change of control system. Quite a job even from September. There isn’t much more to speculate on now apart from this event up and coming.

Wonder if it will open for the blue light card day a week earlier in March?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.