• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I wonder if this will receive a TV ad? Duel didn't, but this seems inherently more marketable given the (rumoured) extent of the refurbishment. Plenty to work with in terms of imagery, if so.
It almost definitely will, in my opinion. With the rumoured extent of the refurbishment, as well as the “new identity”, if you like, it would certainly fit the bill for one.

Also, the threshold for receiving a TV advert seems somewhat lower under Merlin than it was under Tussauds… if I’m remembering correctly, even things like The Alton Towers Dungeon, Sharkbait Reef and Galactica received TV adverts, so I’d be surprised if The Curse at Alton Manor didn’t.

I was just thinking that. There will surely have to be a host, especially at the start of the season, otherwise self merge will descent in to complete and utter chaos. If they were to go down the route of having a pre-show before the ride then you'd need batching there anyway.

Please no pre shew, it'll mess up the rides throughput. I personally don't expect the indoor queue to be as it was last year, that was a mess already and ruined the effect.

Does anybody have any idea what's happening at the bottom of the house with the section now open out.

Please no pre shew, it'll mess up the rides throughput. I personally don't expect the indoor queue to be as it was last year, that was a mess already and ruined the effect.

Does anybody have any idea what's happening at the bottom of the house with the section now open out.
There will be an open grave.

Inside will be the zombie from the crypt outside the building, complete with a blaster and original concept plans for Duel
Maybe even a screen for added effect, Perfect for you specifically to spit on.

Done correctly it wouldn’t have a major impact, the ride has a throughput that far exceeds its demand anyway.

On reflection, perhaps the new RAP ramp was added in preparation for this overhaul? Hopefully the ops budget includes a merge host at least for this season while newness increases popularity
I was just thinking that. There will surely have to be a host, especially at the start of the season, otherwise self merge will descent in to complete and utter chaos. If they were to go down the route of having a pre-show before the ride then you'd need batching there anyway.

Completely agree, merging onto the porch was a right pain during Scarefest 2021. Definitely needs a merge host for at least the peak days once it opens.

Don't forget 2015 one hit wonder Rag n Bone man.

The final boss of Merlin influencers.

2 things I can think of;

1. Gloomy Wood could do with some Metallica
  2. Metallica seem very conscious loves a copyright challenge,
I don't know who needs to know this, but you know what to do ;)

So do we reckon the crypt gets reused in the queueline or Haunted Hollow? Would be a shame to waste it.
I know this won't happen, but imagine if the crypt was reused in Haunted Hollow with a bench underneath it alongside the path, a small sheltered picnic area you might say. It'd be a really nice thing to do as there aren't any benches down that path and would be a nice nod to Duel.

I know this won't happen, but imagine if the crypt was reused in Haunted Hollow with a bench underneath it alongside the path, a small sheltered picnic area you might say. It'd be a really nice thing to do as there aren't any benches down that path and would be a nice nod to Duel.
Definitely. Considering the fact that it rains a lot around the Towers area, this is a perfect idea, especially, as you say, that there aren't any benches down that path.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.