• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Forum Bug Reports

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Craig

TS Administrator
06/04/2022 - Thanks all for reporting your forum bugs. As we've now had the new forum up and running for a while, please report any issues by dropping myself a PM or posting in Guest Services šŸ™‚

If you'd like to report a bug, please use this topic. Include as much information as you can such as:
  • Screenshots or recordings wherever possible (itā€™s a nice chance to try the 'insert image' and 'attach files' features ;))
  • What browser you're using (if you have a version number even better!)
  • What device you were on (laptop, tablet, mobile) - In the case of tablets and mobile if you know model name/number, again please share them!
  • If there were any specific steps or actions you did which caused the issue to appear
  • A link to the page or feature affected
We'll update this first post with any bugs, then clear and update them as we go.

Known issues being investigated:​

Good news, thereā€™s nothing to report! šŸŽ‰

Resolved issues:​

āœ… The TowersStreet homepage is displaying some errors at this time
āœ… Tapatalk access to the forum is restored
āœ… URLs in notices when using dark theme not readable
āœ… Usernames and any links within the member tooltip are not readable when using dark mode
āœ… Setting an alternative style in account preferences saves but reverts back to the original style
āœ… Links to individual posts are sometimes loading, then the page is scrolling a few posts up
āœ… The maintenance page would intermittently show if the site was accessed via https://towersstreet.com/talk (with no slash on the end)
āœ… Our brand new TST progressive web app (PWA) is now fully up and running. Check out this post for instructions on how to install it

Last edited:
Just went from forum to the main TowersStreet Home Page and now there's errors being shown on there.

I'm on Firefox Mobile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220226-001657~2.png
    Screenshot_20220226-001657~2.png
    892.5 KB · Views: 21
Currently in the dark theme and the purple link on the yellow background isn't readable.

Screenshot_20220226-005027_Firefox.jpg

Sorry another dark theme issue when
viewing profiles

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220226-005817_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220226-005817_Firefox.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Ian
This should now be resolved too :)

I swear that's the 4th or 5th time we've seen those revert now šŸ˜‚

I just spotted a fun little bug. If you try and change between Dark and Light mode in preferences, it instantly reverts to whatever mode it was in before. I'm on Firefox.

It works fine if you change it using the option at the bottom of each page.

1645872450581.png

Just a little on I've just had (although may well be my end)
When using the new posts section and selection on a post it sometimes takes you two or three posts up, it's just happened to me in the Sureal news article thread where it took me the Pluk's post https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/surreal-news-articles.4827/post-35419 rather than to Thameslink's post https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/surreal-news-articles.4827/post-354196
I'm using chrome on my laptop version: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

When using the new posts section and selection on a post it sometimes takes you two or three posts up, it's just happened to me in the Sureal news article thread where it took me the Pluk's post https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/surreal-news-articles.4827/post-35419 rather than to Thameslink's post https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/surreal-news-articles.4827/post-354196
The first link sent me to a post in the I feel down topic from 2012!

Looks like you've just posted the same link there JAperson but with the 6 missing off the post number in the first one (hence why it's going to the I Feel Down topic). I can replicate the issue you're seeing though, but only in Chrome. I'll add it to the list to look into further.

Looks like you've just posted the same link there JAperson but with the 6 missing off the post number in the first one (hence why it's going to the I Feel Down topic). I can replicate the issue you're seeing though, but only in Chrome. I'll add it to the list to look into further.
Sorry about the links @Craig I couldn't quite figure out how to copy the links for each post individually anymore? If you take the link from the share bit at the top of each post it seems to just take you to that topic's page rather than the particular post, how is this done? As I've found it very useful in the past.

Another one I've just come across (although something I really don't think anybody uses) is that if you try and open the wiki, you are logged out, if you click the link to try and log in it takes you to the forum to login (even though I was already logged in there), once you enter your details it simply takes you the forum home page, attempting to open the wiki does the same thing again.

Hola

Thanks - we were aware of some issues with forum integrations into the site such as the wiki, and a few other site and team features have been affected also.

The priority is on the forum itself for now to make sure everything is working perfectly here (given itā€™s the most popular part of the site!) before we take a look into some of the other issues, but we will get to them in time and update as soon as we can šŸ˜

šŸ”Ž Cause identified

We've identified the reason for the jump to posts issue. This is being caused by embedded content such as Facebook and Twitter posts. When the page is first loaded you are taken to the right post. However, as embedded content then loads in afterwards and renders it makes the page longer and pushes the posts down so you start higher up (most posts first load with just a URL before the embed is rendered). The more embeds in the page, the further you are pushed out of line. If there are no posts with embeds above the one you are trying to jump to, you'll probably find it was lining up fine.

We suspect this is also the cause of the issue with post share links raised above. The link from the share button should be taking you directly to the post you select 'share' on, but it's being pushed out of alignment by the same thing.

We have temporarily turned off Facebook and Twitter embeds to resolve the issue for now, and are working on a fix at the moment to fully resolve. We will keep you updated.

šŸ”Ž Cause identified

We've identified the reason for the jump to posts issue. This is being caused by embedded content such as Facebook and Twitter posts. When the page is first loaded you are taken to the right post. However, as embedded content then loads in afterwards and renders it makes the page longer and pushes the posts down so you start higher up (most posts first load with just a URL before the embed is rendered). The more embeds in the page, the further you are pushed out of line. If there are no posts with embeds above the one you are trying to jump to, you'll probably find it was lining up fine.

We suspect this is also the cause of the issue with post share links raised above. The link from the share button should be taking you directly to the post you select 'share' on, but it's being pushed out of alignment by the same thing.

We have temporarily turned off Facebook and Twitter embeds to resolve the issue for now, and are working on a fix at the moment to fully resolve. We will keep you updated.
The embedded stuff is still showing up for me and therefore still jumping around.

Yes we have re-enabled it to test out potential fixes and further debug. Expect it to appear and disappear at points as we investigate.

As with any issues raised please bare with us, and don't be surprised if you see things changing around/appearing/disappearing while we work on them. We will update in this topic once there is more information available and things are back to normal :)

Yes we have re-enabled it to test out potential fixes and further debug. Expect it to appear and disappear at points as we investigate.

As with any issues raised please bare with us, and don't be surprised if you see things changing around/appearing/disappearing while we work on them. We will update in this topic once there is more information available and things are back to normal :)
Yes, my apologies @Ian , was just letting you know, no rush, it's not a major issue, just thought it might not have disabled properly.

Iā€™m not sure if this is a bug or not, but Iā€™ve noticed that the new forum doesnā€™t seem to like me putting a link to my Captain Coaster profile within the Captain Coaster image in my signature.

Another forum Iā€™m on permits it, but TS doesnā€™t seem to. Is there any particular reason why this is, or is it just an error?

Iā€™m not sure if this is a bug or not, but Iā€™ve noticed that the new forum doesnā€™t seem to like me putting a link to my Captain Coaster profile within the Captain Coaster image in my signature.

Another forum Iā€™m on permits it, but TS doesnā€™t seem to. Is there any particular reason why this is, or is it just an error?
That's weird Matt as it seems to link to it if you click it in your about section of your profile.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.