• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Holiday Inn Express in Ringsheim

EuropaDave

TS Member
Hi, I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else, there's a new hotel in Ringsheim, next to the station, could be handy for some.

Annoyingly the rooms seem to be max 3 people, so no good for us families of 4.

Yes - and I believe there may be some kind of shuttle on offer.

Certainly a good option if you want a good chain hotel with reasonable rates.

Interesting to know. I’m just starting to look into a trip next Sept and I can get a discount with the Holiday Inn chain.

Not too bad. But as people have mentioned it's not easy to walk from EP and there's plenty of accommodation in Rust. Handy if you can drive though.

I have some friends that stayed in this Holiday Inn and they said it was brilliant. Granted they'd never stayed in the guest houses in Rust. They had no complaints at all.....

Guess you kinda know what you're getting.

Agree Rust is a must.

The hotels are way too expensive IMO, but worth doing at least once.

On my last visit to EP I finished the day with a few beers at Hotel Colesseo, walked to my apartment in Rust, and spent the evening eating and drinking here...

https://www.zum-ochsen-rust.com

^ anyone else been here? Great German food and nice atmosphere.

Next morning a croissant from the local bakery and stroll to the park.

Over in Ringsheim your evening options would be far more limited.

I must echo the above thoughts. We stayed in an AirBnB in the outskirts of Rust and grabbed a coffee and Danish pastry every morning from one of the lovely bakeries. We ate in authentic German restaurants most evenings; but did resort to a kebab one night. There’s also a handy Lidl nearby which kept our accommodation nicely stocked.

Rust is a lovely welcoming place that blends seemlsessly into EP itself. I’d recommend staying there than in soulless Ringsheim any day of the week!