• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Log Flume

Tibble

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
As everyone will know by now the log flume has closed. But surely they will rebuild?

What are peoples thoughts on this

I doubt it'll be rebuilt, but replaced is a given.

I suspect Towers will be reading a brochure from Mack when it comes to installing anything new on that site.

We all pray they are....and whilst they are here, we have a Mine Train and a Mass Transit blaster party to look at #TLC

I suspect Towers will be reading a brochure from Mack when it comes to installing anything new on that site.

Yeah I mean a replacement. Was a ride everyone could go on together

2ppd85i.jpg
[/spoiler

Really interested with what they do with the area. I believe they can only follow the existing track layout in the woods? Is the Courtyard Bar & Grill deffo closed for 2016? I was gonna suggest an absurd idea that they could flatten the whole area and re invest in Mutiny Bay, but then that building is no doubt listed/protected! :D

Lurking on here every once in a while and reading various topics the log flume does( did ) get some stick.
traditional style Log flumes are not exactly the most white knuckle of rides but they do, in my opinion for an important part of a theme parks line up, its the ride you could go on after a big heavy lunch, and its an accessible ride that could be enjoyed by all, young and old and those who dislike roller coasters could all enjoy. a theme park without a log flume just feels like something is missing.

Lurking on here every once in a while and reading various topics the log flume does( did ) get some stick.
traditional style Log flumes are not exactly the most white knuckle of rides but they do, in my opinion for an important part of a theme parks line up, its the ride you could go on after a big heavy lunch, and its an accessible ride that could be enjoyed by all, young and old and those who dislike roller coasters could all enjoy. a theme park without a log flume just feels like something is missing.

Scariest ride in the park for me. Think it's the lack of restraint and the big drop. I can do Oblivion fine, but a big drop on a water ride is super scary for some reason!

I would like to see some kind of flume / coaster / dark ride, like Jourmey to Atlantis or Chiapas. Probably with a pirate theme.

Will have to be a water coaster of some sort, would be unthinkable for the biggest theme park in the UK not to have a splash ride of some sort. Dread to think what queues will be on the rapids this summer!!

I'm getting my hopes for for something to rival Valhalla. I know it won't happen but I've already got high expectations.

It'd help if towers weren't saying on Twitter how exciting what they've got planned to replace it is. I'll be pretty annoyed if it's another coaster... It should definitely be replaced with another water ride.

I'm getting my hopes for for something to rival Valhalla. I know it won't happen but I've already got high expectations.

It'd help if towers weren't saying on Twitter how exciting what they've got planned to replace it is. I'll be pretty annoyed if it's another coaster... It should definitely be replaced with another water ride.

I'd say something a little less wet than Valhalla so its fun in May as well as July. If you want to get soaked there is Battle Galleons. Thats why some kind of water coaster could work well as being a more year-round attraction.

I'd be happy with just another log flume but wouldn't say no to some sort of Water Coaster. I'd obviously like the theming scaled to that of Valhalla or Chiapas, although I can't see Towers/Merlin splashing out (pun not intended :p) that much money for theming on a water ride.