• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New SW yeah or nay

bluesonichd

TS Member
Opinons,
Should AT forgo the next SW investment and instead spend the money on installing many new flat and filler rides.

Personally I would be more than happy to not have a new coaster for many years if it means more flats

Personally I’d prefer a new SW. I think AT would as well. I think it probably comes down to the fact that a £20 million investment can bring in more money than flat rides as in people wanna travel to the park to go on it...

After all, it’s harder to get a world first from a flat ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think I'd prefer a new SW as well. The SW rides are by and large the main thing attracting thrillseekers to the park, so I think they should keep building those and maybe put in the odd flat ride in a lower year.

We definitely need some flats. Like I said before on another post, each rollercoaster should be complimented with a matching themed flat.

As much as I love rollercoasters, we do need some filler rides as well as something different. I don't just go to a theme park to just ride rollercoasters. A theme park needs a variety of rides, not just a collection of rollercoasters.

So my answer to the original question is, yes we do need to forgo a SW until the all the flats have been reinstated and beyond the level that Alton has previously had.

Worth mentioning that we need flats for us big kids, not just for CBeebies land age range

Personally I would rather have a world class SW level thrill or family thrill coaster or better still a world class next gen flume than any number of flat rides.

Flat rides are for what Roger Tuby is for.

While flat rides would be a good addition, I'd personally rather see a small number of flat rides added in off-years with SWs still being seen as they are now than the SW budget being sacrificed in favour of building loads of flat rides.

A couple of decent flats and dark rides would do far more for the park than another coaster. Look at parks like Disney and Eftaling they dont need 10+ coasters to deliver a world class experience. Likewise look at Energylandia that has 15 coasters but 10 of those are crap

To be honest I'd take a new world class coaster over some flat rides but I think the park needs both. I can go to Codona's or M&D's if I want thrill rides.

I think a lot of good flat rides would be too tall unless a hole was dug to put them in

Filler to the tune of 20 million, including a couple of "Worlds First flats in a shed in the dark, with fountains, glitter and bubbles".

Alton Towers could easily do without a new major coaster until at least 2024. They have an excellent selection as it stands. My priorities instead?

• Use a moderate capex on Nemesis between now and then to ensure its shelf life for years to come
  • Completely re-work the Smiler's queueline and theming
  • Invest in a flat ride for Dark Forest, a flat ride for X Sector plus replacements for Blade and Enterprise
  • Enhance the World of Walliams with an additional attraction and experiences.
  • Additional attraction for CBeebies Land
  • General park enhancements
I don't believe the above is unrealistic, and frankly the park need all of them.

I would have expected 2024 to be around the date for a new coaster anyway.
So all of the above in Dans post and more.
Would want at least 1 new flat in each park area.

Alton Towers biggest priorities in my opinion:
Completely redesign Dark Forest into an actual entertaining area, possibly move (remove?) Rita and new flat rides
Replace Alton Towers Dungeon with an indoor coaster or dark ride for the new family area
Redesign Duel into a new dark ride

All in the same year would be ideal, I mean these problems have existed for unreasonably long already! I cant believe Dark Forest lasted more than one year as tragic as this

Then the park can think about adding a new coaster!

Alton Towers could easily do without a new major coaster until at least 2024. They have an excellent selection as it stands. My priorities instead?

• Use a moderate capex on Nemesis between now and then to ensure its shelf life for years to come
  • Completely re-work the Smiler's queueline and theming
  • Invest in a flat ride for Dark Forest, a flat ride for X Sector plus replacements for Blade and Enterprise
  • Enhance the World of Walliams with an additional attraction and experiences.
  • Additional attraction for CBeebies Land
  • General park enhancements
I don't believe the above is unrealistic, and frankly the park need all of them.

This!

Smiler queue line has to be one of the worst in the park. Caged in cattle pens, poor drainage and in door farts from reprobates.

The coaster line up at Towers is excellent, easily one of the best in Europe. Sadly the rest of the line up is sorely lacking following the removal of a large number of rides post-2015. Each of the 3 main thrill areas of the park (FV, XS, DF) need at least 1 more support ride to replace the ones that have been lost. This is in addition to replacements for Blade and Enterprise which have been on life support for years - will Blade even come back?

Not to say I'd be complaining about a new coaster (and there are some parks where I can go an entire day doing JUST the coasters) but variety is always good.