• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

No Limits 2

Nick

TS Member
Finally, after so long, there's a new update:

http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news

This confirms the B&M flying coaster, as well as a 4D coaster. Also the smoothing in the simulator looks like it'll be very good indeed (the pictures of the radius show before and after smoothing). And the track looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Looks like there won't be too long before the release. :)

Brilliant brilliant work. Cannot wait for the release. The detail is astonishing compared with NL1. Also, as a hand builder, the new smoothing tool looks great. :D

Looks like it will actually be released in 2013!

All I'm hoping for is being able to use stuff done in Newton 2 and that someone makes ASG for it, and it'll be perfect!

ASG, you lazy $%^£, supports are the funnest thing to make. Although, then again, I haven't gotten to support a coaster in months. ;) I should probably make a coaster good enough to justify making supports. :p

One of the designers on NLE says that track splines from NL1 can be imported, so Newton 2 can be imported as well. Although, he also went on to say that there'll be some change to the editor that allows for building coasters using maths.

Newton exports as an element, and as far as I know, elements will still work on NL2, so that should be ok.

And yes, AHG. Supporting huge coasters can be so tedious. :p I usually modify it when I use it anyway, so it's not quite as bad as using pre-fabs. ;)

I know how Newton works, I'm saying that you can use Newton to create the track, import it to NL1 as normal, before importing to NL2. I'm not sure if it'll directly import though.

I don't even know if you can't import directly yet, I'm just preparing in case it cannot be directly important.

And, to be honest, it looks as if you don't even need the ASG, as you can make your own pre-fab supports- which will save HUGE amounts of time.

I for one really hope they have implemented a generic B&M Wing Coaster train into NL2. I have become obsessed with these trains recently and have some fun layouts I would love to try out in detail. ;D

I have been using NoLimits for around 10 years and about half of that has been during NL2 talk so I have stopped getting too hopeful about a release date. When it does come out though it does look like it will be great.

Good to see the B&M Flyer is in the works. I'll be interested to see how the final product compares to the real article in terms of aesthetics. Functionality too will be interesting. It'd be cool if in manual dispatch you could operate it like the real thing, with individual row latching and locking, and the proper dispatch sequences.

Hopefully we'll see the B&M Winged Coaster making an appearance in there too :)

Said this before and I will say it again. They need to stop messing making new coaster types and start getting the basics rolled out. More coasters can be added at a later date in the form of patches a bit like NL1 was done. By the time NL2 is actually released, the technology used to power it will already be outdated.

Every update is making me more and more excited for this! :D

The only thing I'm desperate to see is an Arrow Suspended Swinging option! *anxious*

I'm glad I got a new graphics card and larger memory, I will defintely getting this. If it does acctually make an apperance soon! :D

So NL2 is far from completion so I figured I'd have a look into the special one-off coaster types made by the No Limits team for real theme parks and manufacturers who want to preview their ride designs. I found something quite interesting.

A while ago I posted about the Unicoaster concept below:

unic_photogallery03.jpg

UNIC_pic02sm.jpg
UNIC_pic07sm.jpg

Well it turns out that this concept is available to download and preview in a special individual No Limits simulator here.

Obviously it's pointless in keeping once you've gone into the simulator to ride it and watch it go around, but I thought I'd let people know (in case some of you didn't know about it :p ) as it's something different.

There's also one-offs to preview from other companies out there. I've seen a Mack launch design which was made to preview Manta at SeaWorld, two versions of the Gerstlauer Eurofighter V2 model (Dare Devil Dive 2x3 seat cars) which has been used a couple of times, and there's also a Vekoma Family Suspended Coaster model floating around somewhere which was used to show-off Orkanen which is currently being built at Fårup sommerland.

Here's a few pictures of the Gerstlauer:

GzkwZ.jpg

Launch650_2g.jpg

If anyone can find these (assuming they're out there to view) then could you please post them as it's interesting to see different models in the simulator. Especially that mini 4D Unicoaster I posted above!

:)

Jared just spotted a new No Limits 2 update and this is what they've got ready in the Easter update:

easter1.jpg

easter2.jpg

easter3.jpg

easter4.jpg

There was a longer debate within the team about what to show this year. We had the idea to turn NL into a fun fair simulator with a strong focus on flat rides. We were actually thinking about getting rid of all the coasters, but decided to leave them in. We all got quite distracted with flat ride programming, lately, and our idea is very close to reality by now. I am sorry to disappoint you, if you came to this page expecting any fooling jokes. You can leave this page now, because this time everything shown is meant for real. Enjoy and Happy Easter!

Here is a short list of what you see on the screenshots above.

Scripted and fully animated Tango flat ride
Dynamic spot lights
Volumetric fog effects
Animated textures on loops
Dynamic sky at night
Rain effect
Station platform with improved gates

The Tango flat ride is not fully finished. It needs more work in light pattern programming, darn this is time consuming, but otherwise it is fully working already. It is scripted using the built-in scripting language and it can be ridden using external ride view. The ride program is pretty close to the real thing. It is a user-land scene-object, which means that everything can be created by users. You only need some talent. The animated light textures used on the loops were generated automatically by a built-in tool. The total animation is about 15 seconds long and contains typical pattern effects. Happy Easter! [ol]

I love the wording in this update! :)

In a way though I wish they updated the site more. Like Blaze just said, it's been a long time. Although if updating the site is a distraction, I'm glad they don't as they're doing an amazing job so far!