• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion promo content?

faust

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Oblivion, Nemesis
I was wondering if anyone had any promotional stuff for Oblivion from 1998, things like posters, ads, merch?

This odd offering from Alton Towers
d2b8ec25cf2e81c22aa2ff749ebb2f64.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The Oblivion queue line videos are absolutely hysterical. The atmosphere in the queue during those opening years really was something. The bad live sax underneath the DnB on the first section is so deeply late-nineties focus grouped, too. It reminds me a little of Laurent Garnier's 'The Man With The Red Face', although that wasn't released until two years later. Maybe he had been inspired!

This ride is perfectly safe... Everything has been designed for your comfort and enjoyment...

Bit of a longshot here, does anyone have any press releases/adverts from around the time Oblivion opened, with statistics on the ride? There seems to be some disagreement over the ride specs across the internet so am looking for a source from the time.

Bit of a longshot here, does anyone have any press releases/adverts from around the time Oblivion opened, with statistics on the ride? There seems to be some disagreement over the ride specs across the internet so am looking for a source from the time.

Not a promo as such, but Blue Peter riding it in 1998 with John Wardley saying a couple of stats from 1:17. Also checkout the 1998 pocket-sized edition of the GoPro on the front of the train from 2:57!

Not a promo as such, but Blue Peter riding it in 1998 with John Wardley saying a couple of stats from 1:17. Also checkout the 1998 pocket-sized edition of the GoPro on the front of the train from 2:57!

Thanks for that! Actually I never thought to search YouTube. I like old programs and commercials so I'll check it out soon

Hopefully these will work!

ff28d9205b091611f96a52a6fb99290f.jpg

8f3372762ebc7f9ba22d0f1f522eea81.jpg
4328e1fe43fc3c0d2f854ac90f91cb9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow pretty cool you still have that on hand to share all this time since 1998. I think that will be useful, I'm going through information on Coasterpedia trying to back up with sources. I think I already mentioned here, the official Alton Towers website is a confusing mismatch of units...

Thanks very much!

48 marketing staff, just at Alton Towers! That’s got to be an exaggeration no?

Although can’t deny if there really was 48 if them that they did sell Oblivion and the hype was justified for once

Would take credit for keeping hold of that since 1998 but it’s not actually mine.

Was on display at Alton Towers a few years back when we had the TT@10 event in 2012. So it is official Alton Towers information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk