• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Old Planning Application Archives?

TomLad

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis/Dragon Khan
I can't remember if I've ever started a regular thread, so here's to tradition.
I'm doing a research paper (college work) regarding seating position on rides for Nemesis. In essence, which would give you the best ride experience just related to the physics of the ride. I've already got all of the raw data I need (G-Force per seat), except for one thing, dimensions of the ride elements. I've had a trawl through the interwebs for planning applications and unfortunately I can't find any of the sort for Nemesis. Does anyone know if there is anywhere that I'd be able to find the original application/something similar/exact dimensions of any B&M invert elements?
Side note, this is 100% geeky :)

Merci mes amis

Good question. Have you tried emailing Staffordshire Moorlands District Council? They may have some plans still, although I couldn't be sure.

:)

I remember seeing some photos of the maintenance area of Nemesis and they had blueprints hanging on the walls. I think it's fairly common for blueprints to be kept at the ride, so you could try asking Towers themselves.

Actually just remembered, Towers do have all of the plans. We found them when we were allowed a look in the archives a few years back, but unfortunatley right at the end of our visit so we didn't get time for any photos. They were all in big tubes! No idea if they would be willing to let you see/find them though.

:)

You know I'll be saddened if it isn't back row. Even worse if it's the middle!! You really can feel the difference when you move slowly backwards though! Anyway, I'll be glad to share what I get in the end, but right now there's 400000 data points per axis per row. I'll save you all the pain and give you the final thing when I'm done :) Thanks for the suggestions so far anyway, shall be giving them a go

I don't think I have ever seen plans for Nemesis, unfortunately back in 1994 planning permission was certainly a bit different and wasn't so easy to find online :p

I imagine if plans were submitted to the council, they may have a copy at the council so you could ask them, you could also try contacting Alton Towers directly. They might not give you plans, but they could give you heights or information you may require.