• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Older Members

Mark-Cal

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Shambala
Hello, I'm Mark and I'm really really old !
Not so old that I fought in the war or went up chimneys when I was a kid but I guess being in my forties I'm older than most people who post here.

I've got back into theme parks over the last summer after looking at stuff to do with my three grown up kids ( the youngest turns 18 this March), and ended up really enjoying it.
I'm already checking out CoasterCounter and planning this years new credits.

My daughter still hasn't forgiven me for dragging her on the Dino Roller at Flamingo Land yet, but as I told her a credit is a credit, although being denied the Go-Gator at the same park hurt a little bit... :-[

So my question is am I the only one here who doesn't start their age with a 1 or a 2 and is it time I started acting my age and take up fishing or gardening ? :eek:

*sounds the Diogo alarm*

Where is our resident grumpy old man?

My age does not start with a 1 or a 2. I enjoyed theme parks as a teen. Stop to start s family. Now I enjoy Alton Towers with my 15yr old daughter.

32 going on 90. ;)
There are far too many kids on the internet. Send 'em down the mines or something.

Good to know I'm not the only oldie here, anyway that's enough excitement for one day, it's time for my afternoon nap.

Pixie-Ro said:
I can't believe I'm older than Diogo! :p

thats what I said when I found out I was 2 years older than Diogo. Anyway I think Diogo being an realist, may make him sound older on the forum.

Well I'll be 44 next week and still love AT just as much as I did back in the 80s. Just don't find myself there as often, but to be honest, once or twice a year is good as it makes it magical every time.

josht said:
I'm 20 and my body's a shambles

Ssh Josh, us 20 something young'uns aren't allowed to complain! :p

I'm 13, probably one of the youngest ones! I've been an 'enthusiast' since I was about 10 or 11 when I visited AT for the first time :)

I'm 4 and I've been visiting theme parks for 5 years. ;)

But seriously, there are many 'older' (I wouldn't really call anyone below 50-60 old really) theme park enthusiasts who often remember many aspects of parks that younger people often do not know about. It's always good to hear memories of people who remember attractions that I certainly know little about!

I look forward to hearing more stories from the days gone by. :)

I've been an enthusiast since 2000 - I'm only 25, but that doesn't stop some members affectionately knowing me as 'Uncle Will' :p

EDIT:...I just got my own age wrong. Well, that's senility for you!

We have loads of older members

about 4 of us hit the big 30 this year and on meets we have a few over 40's, and the 30's is well covered.

I'm only 18 and first visited Alton Towers nearly 6 years ago. However I've been going to theme parks since I was about 8 months old!

Put it this way, I'm old enough to remember when Chessington was the UK's best theme park.

:'(

DiogoJ42 said:
Put it this way, I'm old enough to remember when Chessington's Burnt Stub Mansion was being built.

Fixed that for you ;)