• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parque De Atracciones - Madrid

joelpagett

TS Member
Hi Guys,

Couldn't find a top on this theme park so thought I would start one as I absolutely loved this place! After visiting last week I have to say that the park is one of my favorite. It has a brilliant line up of rides and although some of the attractions don't have huge ammounts of theming I think they are brilliant. There are a few rides that really stuck out for me as awesome rides that I wanted to share as I don't think the park gets enough love!

Tarantula

This was hands down the best spinning coaster I have ever been on! It had an amazing layout and it spun like crazy!

Star Flyer

Again this ride is an off the shelf carbon copy BUT the views from the top are just INCREDIBLE! You see the whole of Madrid and the park and it is just amazing.

Tornado

Tornado is an awesome suspended roller coaster that is filled with airtime, loops and goes incredibly fast. I loved this ride and judging by everyone always clapping at the end they loved it to!

The park also has lots of things it needs to re-develop though. There is a lot of potential for new rides and future plans. The entire childrens area is very strange and should be knocked to the ground. I have gathered a few videos and put them in a little guide below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuXEMCi7i5k#

The park is doing pretty well considering the economic climate in Spain is poor at the moment. Last year they welcomed over 2.2 million guests. Regarding transport links it is the BEST park I have ever been to for that. You literally get a 15 minute metro and you are at the gate! If anyone is planning a trip to Madrid or surrounding areas make sure you put this park on your to do list!

One more thing that I loved about the park is that is was open from 12pm - 11pm. So there was no getting up early, no frantic rush and you didn't have to worry about getting around everything!

More photos can be found on my FLICKR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40624822

Hope all are ok. It will be interesting to see what the cause of this was. Sounds like a strange accident, not least because I don't think I have ever seen them run multiple trains on any of their rides!

Let's not jump on the "Gerstlauer is bad" bandwagon, just yet.

I imagine it was made worse by the fact the riders would have had absolutely no idea (due to the VR) and therefore weren't braced at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40624822

Hope all are ok. It will be interesting to see what the cause of this was. Sounds like a strange accident, not least because I don't think I have ever seen them run multiple trains on any of their rides!

Let's not jump on the "Gerstlauer is bad" bandwagon, just yet.

Indeed, this was my first thought! Said coaster had a 45 minute queue back in April yet the second train was just sitting there in the maintenance bay.

Thankfully it seems like the injuries are only light bruising and shock.

:)

Had a few too many Estrellas on Saturday evening and was talked into a visit to Parque de Atracciones (which was open until midnight).

Not much had changed since my last visit. It was the start of their Halloween event, which was a fairly thin overlay over the normal park with a couple of mazes dotted around, some wraiths at the entrance and a few wandering actors.

Operations are so hit and miss, single train ops on everything bar the spinning coaster as far as I could see. We rode the rapids, Tornado, Abismo, Star Flyer and a few other bits. Also rode the Condor - I wish there were still more of these, such an odd concept and a pain in the arse to maintain.

Visited back in September for a few hours before two days at Parque Warner.

Enjoyed the visit but was sadly a bit pressed for time. Both Madrid parks seemed to have a policy of not allowing people into the air gates until the train was in the station.

Plenty of good rides in the park, thought Abismo was fun. The feeling on the overhang is mad though!

Felt the park was missing that stand out coaster to take it on. (similar to how I feel Bobbiejaanland must've been before Fury.)

I'm here today and can already give some thoughts in summary:

- First of all the park is DEAD today. Operations are pretty poor but it doesn't matter at all because the queues haven't gone above 5 minutes for anything except the Wild Mouse (they're stacking ALL the cars in the station then sending loading them all together like it's one long train??) and the Mine Train (one train ops)

- That said the staff are friendly but not particularly motivated. The longest I waited was over 10 minutes for Tornado because the ops were having a chat. The train was just parked in the station.

- The atmosphere in the park is good and there are some nicely touched up areas. The area around the entrance with the fountain leading up to the Star Flyer is very pretty, as is the general western / nature area. That sad this is very much an amusement park

- The flat ride line up is extremely strong. I've lost count of the number of flats I've already ridden today and although many of them were theme park staples such as the Chairswing and Disco there is a good quantity and some quality ones such as Intamin drop tower and Huss Top Spin as well. The Star Flyer offers breathtaking views of Madrid

- Abysmo SHOULD be a great coaster. Really unique, great inversions and some ejector air time in there too. With any other trains it would be. Unfortunately the Maurer X Car trains crush the hell out of you and detract massively from the experience

- Tarantula is the best spinning coaster ever built. Fight me.

- The Intamin SLC is pretty bad but not quite as horrible as its Vekoma counterparts

Overall possibly my best theme park day of my trip to Spain (PortAventura, Tibidabo, Ferrari Land and Parque Warner also included) although certainly not the best park. It has lots of good rides in a pleasant setting but nothing amazing at all. I would be concerned for its future given how quiet it is.

Last edited:
Glad you had a good day @D4n

Agree that Tarantula is a great ride. Was their Condor running?

Condor was the only flat ride not operational, sadly. A shame as I haven't ridden many rides like it. The official reason was that it was for "attraction inprovements".

The indoor rides were also closed, "for coronavirus".

I actually did this park last week, my first visit. It’s not really a theme park, it felt more like Blackpool, Tivili, liseberg, etc. We had fastrack for the park, as it was fairly cheap and included the walking dead maze. The park wasn’t too busy but fastrack was useful for the water rides and operations didn’t seem great (maybe it’s a Spanish thing, as they never seem to be in much of a hurry in any Spanish parks I’ve been to).

Nick land was nice, and the splash battle was very much enjoyed with the very hot weather.

Coaster wise the spinner was very good, and long. Definitely the best one I’ve done, and quite intense in places.

The mine train was also a decent family coaster, and again quite intense for what is basically a family coaster.

The less said about the inverted Intamin the better. It was just awful, and I can see why Intamin didn’t make many of these.

Finally Abysmo was really good and surprised me, the restraints weren’t great, but the ride was full of airtime and so much better than g force at drayton, as the ride actually did something.

Unfortunately due to Covid the 4D and simulator were closed, and possibly others. There is also a massive dark boat ride at the top of the park, which seems to have been shut for a good few years now after researching online. There were a few other bits around the park which looked like they contained restraints or rides but seems to be SNBO.