• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parque Warner Madrid: General Discussion

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
WarnerMadrid.png

According to the plans on this website, Parque Warner are building a water park of their own, ready for 2014. It doesn't look particularly big and it doesn't look like there will be any big slides either, unless they're adding them at a later date?

Here are a couple of images from that site:

th720_db41ca186aa0c551bd5c865ff81e2d30.jpg

th720_4c9d6abb7af676e667a87bbfe2653ff6.jpg

th720_1097d4a4f0f2c733a3f9ad10d69b3bec.jpg

I'd quite like to visit this park as their water rides and coasters look quite good, but I'd visit Port Aventura first until they decide to build something more substantial.

Their last coaster was a Mack YoungSTAR Coaster, built in 2009. Everything else opened with the park. A launch coaster would fit into their line-up, as would a large family coaster (free-fall, mine train, suspended, etc...). The park's woodie looks like it could do with either RMC treatment or being knocked down for a new GCI.

Finally, an update!

Screamscape said:
2014 - Warner Beach - (2/17/14) Parque Warner Madrid will open Warner Beach in 2014, a new 3 hectares waterpark attached to the park. The waterpark will feature the Malibu Beach double wave wavepool (one for adults, one for children), the Mad River that will be populated with animated characters, a water play area called Water Adventure, the Warner Beach park sunbathing area along with new shopping and dining areas.

eD2RfiO.jpg

Almost identical promo art to the one above, but it's been 'pimped out' with some extra detail!

AVpKDdL.jpg

cZADKL1.jpg

hQ9SQAZ.jpg

QRy642I.jpg

Looks pretty substantial (for Parque Warner) to me!

It's not going to be a huge water park like you'd see at Disney World, just a nice little addition to the park, hopefully moving towards being a resort.

It does look to have a few slides which look as though they come from Pro-Slide, very promising! And more importantly, finally some investment at Parque Warner. Maybe I'll finally give them a visit this year, the park has always interested me.

I went to the park this year and personally I think its a great addition. Have they said if it was a separate attraction or included in the park? I have to say, they have some awesome water rides as it is so it would be worth just taking your swimming costumes. The rapids rides left my shoes so sodden I was leaving wet footprints everywhere for days! It is a good investment for the park but it would perhaps benefit from one or two bigger slides.

Parque Warner is a park that I really enjoy visiting, I went over there in July 2012 and last summer too and have enjoyed each visit, but can't help feeling that the park needs more than a new water park to sustain a level of interest. I have never seen the park busy and whenever I have been over there, I've done weekend visits and the park has been totally dead.

Coaster Express is quite possibly the worst coaster I've done, I really don't rate it, it's just awful but I am a big fan of Batman la Fuga and *grabs tin hat* it's my favourite B&M invert.

Overall, I do really like the place and will be returning this summer as part of my summer trip to Spain, for anyone that's interested my most recent video from Parque Warner can be found on youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMSvONhjmqo#ws

Scott :)

It is super and yes, Batman is awesome. It seemed much better than the clone at Great Adventure which I found strange. The Vekoma GIB models are amazing, too.

It desperately needs new attractions though - it's almost as desperate as BPB in my eyes because without refreshing the offering or adding new things limits the revisitability factor.

The YoungStar addition was a start, now they need something else.

:)

AstroDan said:
It is super and yes, Batman is awesome. It seemed much better than the clone at Great Adventure which I found strange. The Vekoma GIB models are amazing, too.

It desperately needs new attractions though - it's almost as desperate as BPB in my eyes because without refreshing the offering or adding new things limits the revisitability factor.

The YoungStar addition was a start, now they need something else.

I'd say it desperately needs new attractions a lot more than BPB does, even though I appreciate most now feel BPB have to start showing signs of getting a new thrill ride in, BPB does have a wide selection of rides on offer, where as with Parque Warner you get to the point of thinking, right I've done everything three or four times, what on earth do we do now?

That said, I can happily park my backside on a bench either in the Superman or Batman themed areas and listen to the music taking in the atmosphere, but again that is only enjoyable for a certain length of time.

This may be a long shot but is Parque Warner open for a halloween event this year?

I can see they've had halloween events in the past but on their website it is listed as closed in October. This seems unusual for a theme park. Planning a visit for then and would like to know.

Good news (said nobody)! Parque Warner are adding VR to Batman la Fuga in 2017.

In better news, they are also getting a Justice League 4D interactive dark ride, similar to those found in Six Flags parks. It is not yet known whether this will open later in 2017 or in 2018.

Think it's more of a shock they're getting something actually new in the park! Something substantial too rather than a water park or splash battle...

Any suggestion as to the location? As in they're not removing anything for it?

I've never been but apparently it will be in the "existing building that recreates Bruce Wayne's mansion".

Ahh this is good news! A new dark ride is just what this parks needs IMO!

The park is VERY Six Flags... and now this addition... is there a connection?

Good news (said nobody)! Parque Warner are adding VR to Batman la Fuga in 2017.

In better news, they are also getting a Justice League 4D interactive dark ride, similar to those found in Six Flags parks. It is not yet known whether this will open later in 2017 or in 2018.

Quite possibly the worst thing they could do is add VR to their best coaster, is it 100% confirmed that is going to happen?

I'm shocked they're doing anything tbh, but will probably be put off visiting again knowing they're ruining my favourite ride there with VR.

Given that VR will no doubt be optional, I wouldn't worry. It isn't like the ride gets a queue anyway.

I paid Parque Warner a visit last week (thanks to Leicester's continued participation in the Champions League) was was very impressed. The areas of the park work well and contain high quality, immersive theming. Generally the park felt very busy meaning that there was a lovely atmosphere, however it must have largely been families as the 3 main coasters just didn't get queues - Batman, Superman and Stunt Fall were pretty much walk on every time I rode.

I've ridden Batman at Great Adventure previously but found La Fuga more enjoyable, no idea why that was mind! Superman is a solid B&M, the first drop is great at the back, it's just a shame that it trims twice around the circuit. Then there is Stunt Fall, the park's GIB. I had been wanting to ride a GIB for a very long time after all of the hype and my god it did not disappoint. The first time I did it was just incredible, one of those real wow moments on a coaster that you don't get all too often. It was just massive, fast, mental and at the same time did not feel totally safe (even though it is)!

Thankfully the VR was not yet working on Batman however all of the signage is up for it. There is no mention of the Justice League dark ride around the park or on the map so I suspect this will not open until 2018 now.

I was also impressed with operatations. I went to Parque de Atracciones the previous day and operations were slow with coasters not on full capacity. However here all coasters had their maximum number of trains operating and despite mediocre loading procedures throughputs were better than I expected and more than good enough for coasters with no queue.

Anybody been to this park recently? How easy is it to get to using public transport? How big is it? Just looking at possible trips next year. Thanks in advance.