• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

A great deal of concrete work has taken place as the next level of the area starts to really take shape. Some more supports and track have been installed. These pictures from PhantaFriends.de show some more supports being delivered a couple of days ago.
D0307594-4E61-4FAC-B71E-3D81671B006D.thumb.jpeg.6552193b457151f2ed8d042d9fdc8c12.jpeg

CAD6B014-D2B0-4A7F-8480-CCF05C32BC67.thumb.jpeg.13adcdd8d50f75fa4936805c7a3ee757.jpeg

The 4 towers connected together by arches erected a while ago, as seen on the teaser art, have been topped off with decorative spires.
Screenshot_20180616-135714_Instagram.jpg

Picture from PHLDani's Instagram
20180603_141547.thumb.png.928e1c39f55813d7839196af9366146b.png

Picture from Ride on Blog's Instagram.
Screenshot_20180617-131519_Instagram.jpg

On the Wuze Town side of the site, much to people's surprised, these tall towers have been put up. 6 of them are exactly along the side of Wuze.
FB_IMG_1529185694437.jpg

Screenshot_20180616-213342_Instagram.jpg

BA93D6E5-3D17-457C-8CC2-010A9A5A6603.thumb.jpeg.0ea295e52651ff07256486d810311be9.jpeg

Presumably from inside Rookburgh these will form another theming structure of some sort (a popular fan theory based off the teaser art is a berth for a Zeppelin), and the flat plated backs will eventually connect to form the sound barrier wall and the flat surface will be themed to match Wuze.

As per usual with Phannyland, it’s all still a bit of a mystery...

The towers intrigue me. I can only assume that they will be for a sound barrier, given this is being built so close to the locals who complain about the noise, much like the one at the back of Taron.

I just really hope it blends in with Wuze. I’m sure I will given their track record, but I’d hate to see them spoil the Wuze and Fantasy area. Part of the reason they work is that they feel so seculuded from the rest of the park.

I've seen quite a few pictures of this already today. I think it looks absolutely lovely, although I can't help but think it's missing something... it feels very small compared to the other buildings. I'm hoping that there might be something else yet to be added.

Don't worry, there is. It's called "A Socking Great Flying Coaster".
;)
Really..?! Would never have thought... :D

In seriousness, I just think the gap above this new entrance building looks a bit bare, as if they are waiting to put something else (some sort of theming) there at some point – which I guess is still a possibility. Looks great regardless, but fingers crossed there is even more to come. :)

It does look like someone's chopped out a gap between two buildings RCT style to put this in... It doesn't fit right now, but sure it will when it's finished...

A useful little advertisement really, though I doubt that entrance will be used when it opens given it'll block up the entire Main Street...

I imagine the experience will be akin to the Diagon Alley entrance at Universal. A teeny tiny slip of a thing on the 'main street' followed by a huge visual impact upon entering the area. As with all things Phantasialand I'm certain it will be of the highest standard!

German site FreizeitparkCheck.de claims that a "reliable source" has informed them that Phantasialand have a large demolition project planned for the end of this season, believed to be the removal of Geister Rikscha and part of the China Town area - another poster on there claims that Feng Ju Palace (the mad house) and maybe the restaurant Mandshu will be the only bits of China that survive. They also claim that the China Town name will be dropped and the area will be renamed 'Asia'.

FPC did claim Ling Bao would receive a Tibetan style refurbishment at the end of last year and that did actually happen to the restaurants in Ling Bao. They also claimed Rookburgh will feature a hotel however of course the jury is still out on that.
I'd still be cautious about believing such rumours until there is more evidence. After all maybe they are getting tenders for a demolition project but it is for something else in the park. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Then again one way or another as we approach the completion of Rookburgh the next major PHL project is coming sooner or later...

German site FreizeitparkCheck.de claims that a "reliable source" has informed them that Phantasialand have a large demolition project planned for the end of this season, believed to be the removal of Geister Rikscha and part of the China Town area - another poster on there claims that Feng Ju Palace (the mad house) and maybe the restaurant Mandshu will be the only bits of China that survive. They also claim that the China Town name will be dropped and the area will be renamed 'Asia'.

FPC did claim Ling Bao would receive a Tibetan style refurbishment at the end of last year and that did actually happen to the restaurants in Ling Bao. They also claimed Rookburgh will feature a hotel however of course the jury is still out on that.
I'd still be cautious about believing such rumours until there is more evidence. After all maybe they are getting tenders for a demolition project but it is for something else in the park. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Then again one way or another as we approach the completion of Rookburgh the next major PHL project is coming sooner or later...
To add to these rumours, I found this on Screamscape today:
Screamscape said:
Park News - (8/3/18) Rumor has it that the park has apparently filed the necessary paperwork required that would indicate that something sizeable in the park will be getting demolished to make way for a new future attraction. Early rumors suggest that it could be either Temple of the Night Hawk dark coaster, or possibly the Geister Rikscha dark ride.
Interesting... you might want to ride these two attractions if you're visiting Phantasialand any time soon. I'm excited about what they have planned, however!
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/phantasialand.htm

Screamscape is always a bit late these days unfortunately, it's kinda been over-taken by the fact that there's now often a large number of dedicated fan sites for each particular park it just recycles news when it eventually gets it through...

Shame, it was once THE place to go for park news...

Yeah Screamscape are simply regurgitating what has been going around for a while.
Plus there's no chance it will be Temple of the Nighthawk. The park's dinner show Fantissima which is in the same building is selling tickets for 2019, it would rather difficult to perform it if the theatre got demolished.
And given the rumours that have been around for a while now about China Town being the next construction site. It is probably going to be Geister Rikscha going next.

Screamscape is always a bit late these days unfortunately, it's kinda been over-taken by the fact that there's now often a large number of dedicated fan sites for each particular park it just recycles news when it eventually gets it through...

Shame, it was once THE place to go for park news...
I think that's true of some parks but I think the opposite is true of others. There are many many fan sites sitting their dead out on the internet with a good number of 1.5+M visitor parks withouy a fan site, some of which had multiple ten or fifteen years ago.