• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Visiting Phantasialand later this week. Haven't been since Taron opened, and was wondering, is there anywhere particularly good or notable to eat within the park? Not really got the time, wallet or inclination to visit the hotel restaurants, although admittedly that could change if it starts snowing.

I forget the name of it, but there's some kind of tavern near Tarron. Not been there myself, but it looks sweet from what I've seen.

Rutmor's Tavern is the one you're thinking of on the plaza area of Klugheim. Really good food, from snacks through to meals and decent prices for the portion. For something more 'snacky', the tarte flambee/flammekueche hut next door is nice too :)

Rutmores Tavern is good, with impressive surroundings. The goulash in a bread bowl is hearty and good value.

The tapas bar Cocorico in Mexico is not quite as good. It can work out a bit spendy and food is okay to good.

The Unter Den Linden buffet restaurant serves good quality and tasty food in a slightly old-fashioned Victorian atmosphere.

The pizzas at the the walkway between Berlin and Mexico are a pretty tasty quick snack.

The dinner buffet in the restaurant of Hotel Lung Bao is superb, but expensive.

Be warned RE: Ling Bao... They mention if food contains nuts, but NOT if it is fried in peanut oil. May not matter to most people, but it ruined my night last time I ate there. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. Rutmores it is!

Must say, I'm very excited. Although, I understand Chiapas closes when it hits 0c, and the forecast is currently hovering around 1-2. Let me tell you, the tension here is unbearable!

I hope you enjoy Taron; everyone seems to rave about it, so you might well leave Phantasialand with a new number 1 if other reviews are anything to go by!

I hope you enjoy Taron; everyone seems to rave about it, so you might well leave Phantasialand with a new number 1 if other reviews are anything to go by!

I am very confident I will love Taron, but I've long since given up on rankings and ratings! Not so much that I've ridden too many coasters to rank, but as I've gotten older and drifted away from visiting parks quite as intensely as I once did, I just attempt to enjoy every ride on it's own strengths and merits. Unless it's Furious Baco. Or, Temple of The Night Hawk!

Visiting Phantasialand later this week. Haven't been since Taron opened, and was wondering, is there anywhere particularly good or notable to eat within the park? Not really got the time, wallet or inclination to visit the hotel restaurants, although admittedly that could change if it starts snowing.

I recommend Baobab Snack, located under Black Mamba's lift hill. They do very good falafels with tzatziki and very filling jambalayas, both about 5 euros each.

A couple of points from my two day visit over the weekend...

Taron:

Taron is still my number one, but it's not as intense as I remembered, and even the second launch felt slightly lacking. Regardless, it's still an incredible ride.

I don't get how people think the first half of the ride is dull, there are two moments of incredible ejector in there. The highlight is of course the sideways airtime hill in the second half, but overall I think the first half is actually stronger.

On the sunday we managed 11 rides during the hour morning ERT in the pouring rain (pain is pleasure), and then several more throughout the day/night as the single rider queue was walk on and the main queue 10 mins or so in the evening.

Other ramblings:

Phantasialand doesn't cope very well with rain, lots of paths flooded, and a lot of the indoor rides' queuelines are deathtraps when wet.

The park was very busy on the Saturday, which I thought was very strange for mid January. Winjas hit 90 mins and Taron and Maus Chocolate 60 pretty much all day.

Watched Pirates 4D, to satisfy my inner teenage Thorpe fanboy. It's still brilliant.

Hotel Ling Bao is beautiful, loved the River Bar, and the easy access to the park. And best of all only paid €99 for the night!

My Tarte Flambée was ok, Europa's are superior.

Some pictures are on my Instagram, I can't work out how to embed them...

www.instagram.com/fistedcolossus

A couple of points from my two day visit over the weekend...
Phantasialand doesn't cope very well with rain, lots of paths flooded, and a lot of the indoor rides' queuelines are deathtraps when wet.

Agreed. I was also there on the Saturday and noticed how the infrastructure doesn't seem to cope with water. The floor of the toilets opposite Chiapas' exit was a death trap, and someone slipped and fell quite hard in the ladies. The piles of snow at the side of paths when using as shortcuts to overcome slow people was also rather terrifying.

The park was very busy on the Saturday, which I thought was very strange for mid January. Winjas hit 90 mins and Taron and Maus Chocolate 60 pretty much all day.

Didn't feel too busy. Taron listed as 60 is to be expected however I'm inclined to believe it was around 45 minutes consistently, particularly as it was only going up then straight back down the steps into the extension of doom. Maus and Winjas fair enough with only one side of Winjas being open and also the rain driving everyone to the indoor attractions. Hollywood Tour had a queue out of the door at one point!