• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

I suppose with it being such a long (and fairly boring ride) the VR should work well.

It didn’t work well on Galactica cause the ride was over too quick and chucked you about a bit, where as I think it worked better on rides which are slower.

However with the ride having a fairly small station and queue area, and no offload i can’t imagine the throughput being very good.

Wonder if they will go down the EP route of giving them out before you get on, or with them being some how attached the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like @CSLKenny is at Phantasialand for opening day, and I am sure he won't mind me sharing some of his updates from Twitter!

First, a look at FLY and Rookbrugh which is now looking nailed on for a 2020 opening:

The new park map, featuring Rookbrugh:

D3DOFkeX4AEeosq.jpg

And it looks like Taron's horrible extended queue line is getting some themed shelters:

Looopings have shared some photos of F.L.Y. (which I have decided is the worst coaster name to have to type):

140419vek12.jpg

140419vek6.jpg

140419vek4.jpg

140419vek2.jpg

140419vek5.jpg

It is certainly coming on well, but there is still a lot to be done. I know that it is a complex project but I am surprised that they've not done more since I was last at the park well over a year ago now. Are Disney running the project?

You just know it will be a fantastic attraction in the end though even if they are making a complete meal of it. I have total faith in the park. They really are top of the game (outside of Disney n Universal) when it comes to immersive themeing.

It is certainly coming on well, but there is still a lot to be done. I know that it is a complex project but I am surprised that they've not done more since I was last at the park well over a year ago now. Are Disney running the project?

Just to be pedantic I'll say there's been a lot of progress in the past year - the concrete pit it took them so long to create has now been built up. As these pictures from exactly a year ago show. :p
20180423_202525.png

20180423_202419.png

Back to now though things have really been picking up recently as the final section of the site is being worked on (since they have been building from the corners back towards the street for access purposes + this area was being used for storing materials and the underground level had to be completed first too) the last bits of track are being installed and the hotel's concrete structure has been going vertical - so far gaps have been left where the rooms will be which surports the theory that the "tube rooms"/capsules will be prefabricated and just slotted into place.

According to PhantaFriend's Tobi there is currently around 1167m of track in place; and therefore F.L.Y. is now the longest Flying Coaster in the world. He estimates there is about 70m to 80m left to be installed.
IMG_1720.jpg

He also posted this picture of the final piece of the curve before the brake run being lowered down into place. This means there are now only two gaps in the layout.
Unless they need to leave a gap for a while longer for access purposes to construct something else; track will likely be completed within the next week.

Of course the coaster being finished is only one piece of the puzzle. Presumably there's still a few more buildings and theming structures to knock up inbetween the layout, theming and the hotel of course.

Also I just noticed it wasn't previously mentioned here that the park filed back in February a trademark for a restaurant in Rookburgh called Uhrwerk (German for Clockwork).
CJ4JX4FZVCC523YA2TMALSKFLHVVAAY5J6VXMILMHY7FPNFORTYCAQC62ZM53O7365ZIVNSFMKQSE.jpg.01df7d7cecd46d18f4.jpg

Whether this is the presumed restaurant forming in the hotel building (on the left further back in front of the white facade with the slopped roof where track passes closely by above) or another elsewhere in the area is unknown.

Last edited:
A little preview area was set up for Rookburgh recently with information boards about the Hotel Charles Lindbergh and FLY, as well as some new artwork.

A6C50273-B3C4-452B-A6D4-AC6FAF6D80A8.thumb.jpeg.054c2141b68de55256d783848349421a.jpeg

Inside the box there is a model of what is presumed to be the first launch of FLY! :D

unknown.png

Images from Phantafriends.de

It's quite an ironic ride name for the attraction tbh. There's definitely nothing about the construction that is flying that's for sure. Hahahaha

In an unusual move, Phantasialand are adding €2 to their admission price solely for the summer period (July/August).

Entry will be €51.50 instead of the usual €49.50. The park claim that for the increase they open longer and you get the "pay once, visit twice" promo (which they seem to be doing more and more)... that said, they have always opened a little longer in summer and haven't previously upped the prices.

Are the park having a bit of a tricky year, guest figures wise?

I know Phantasialand is awesome but they are charging a lot of money given there has been nothing particularly new in the park since 2016 and the fairly small size of the park.

To compare, Europa-Park is €52.00.

Is it a bit like Towers where you can get discounted tickets fairly easily? Or is the gate price often the going rate?

Is it a bit like Towers where you can get discounted tickets fairly easily? Or is the gate price often the going rate?

I've stopped in a few hotels in the Benelux areas that usually have info counters stocked with Phanta maps and discount codes. (Particularly in Brussels)

If you want cheap day tickets in Europe, I have always found this site really useful, although tickets are usually limited...

freizeitparkdeals

Phantasialand tickets for € 39.50 instead of up to € 51.50 at Social Deal - redeemable until 03.11.2019

I wonder if they're getting too many guests? It's a small park and I can see them struggling with excess guests? We visited during easter holidays and it seemed very busy with paths full, so I can imagine the summer holidays being even worse. A price increase is an interesting way to stop guests coming though!

If they want to keep people away it’s working
Park has been dead this week.
Longest q was river quest on Wednesday which peaked at 45 mins. But only running 1 lift
Most q were 5 min. Taron never above 25
Black mamba only had a longish q as was only ever running 1 train