• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

You realise how big that rock work is when you see that video with the builders working on it. It looks like it will certainly be in its own little world when it opens!

It's been a couple of weeks so here are some more photos I've found over on TPR:

028.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

380853d1440445357-201x-neuheit-taron-launch-coaster-intamin-themenbereich-klugheim-phantasialand-11865043_1661677647389352_8792852397791572876_o.jpg

It's really starting to take shape now!

:)

The flat pool areas in the rock work make me wonder if that section is designed to hold water or maybe even be part of a larger water feature. Having waterfalls cascading off the side of the cliff face would be amazing!

The flat pool areas in the rock work make me wonder if that section is designed to hold water or maybe even be part of a larger water feature. Having waterfalls cascading off the side of the cliff face would be amazing!

I was thinking exactly the same... It almost looks like it's been designed so the water would cascade down through the tunnel that the coaster launches up through!

It has to be said, with every project they undertake Phantasialand really do just get better and better, completely outdoing themselves every single time!

I think Phantasialand is no longer a park I want to visit; It is one I need to visit!

That detail their is absolutely stunning and the true definition of world class theming (excluding Didney here) and should be a standard all parks should be looking at achieving.

This looks incredible. Any sign of any inversions yet? I'd love there to be a surprise zero-g roll hidden inside the rock work but doubt it will happen.

It doesn't look like it, would be pretty good if an inversion was fitted in somewhere though!

:)

Anyone else get the feeling that the design brief was "let's out do the rock work on Blue Fire"?

...whilst intricately weaving a launched coaster through and as close as possible to the theming. just because it'd be a shame to let all that rockwork stand alone.

With all this theming it'll be a bigger disappointment if the coaster is rubbish (as is reasonably possible).