• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Once the train moved forwards into the station from the brake run they could rotate that row, it was resolved quickly seemingly. Still had no downtime thus far.
Phantasialand are the best park in the world at creating small, tight, intensely immersive themed areas.

Whilst Disney are as good at it, so they should be given their budgets, audience and technology. Given Phantasialand's fairly "small" status, it's quite amazing what they can achieve.

I also like the contrast to Efteling and Europa-Park.

Efteling create much more open themed rides and areas, still nicely themed but in a less "in your face way". Europa-Park is somewhere in the middle.

:)
Pretty much this. You see so often people comparing and debating the qualities of different parks. But personally I just love that Phantasialand, Europa Park and Efteling are the best in their respective style/approach to additions. If everyone did the same it'd be boring. I think we are lucky to have such a great variety of parks in Europe.

I am still very irritated that the hotel/bar/restaurant are only for guests of that hotel. Given there is no room configuration for couples, I am more inclined to stay at Matamba/Ling Bao (which are also cheaper)... deeply irritating.

I also would like to see Phantasialand tackle a more "bright" theme next - perhaps with less high walls and more open space, if possible.

Once the train moved forwards into the station from the brake run they could rotate that row, it was resolved quickly seemingly. Still had no downtime thus far.

Pretty much this. You see so often people comparing and debating the qualities of different parks. But personally I just love that Phantasialand, Europa Park and Efteling are the best in their respective style/approach to additions. If everyone did the same it'd be boring. I think we are lucky to have such a great variety of parks in Europe.

Is it just me or are the HCL rooms tiny? Considering it's the more expensive hotel I'd have expected the rooms to be a little bigger.

Less walls and more space? Unless they get their expansion I'm afraid they're forced into a corner there. :p
With the likely China 2.0/modernisation project up next that should hopefully be somewhat brighter and light hearted. As for actual new area I'd predict the next one we'll see shall be a Fantasy themed indoor area replacing the Crazy Bats/Hollywood building. What theme or direction they go their who knows.

Is it just me or are the HCL rooms tiny? Considering it's the more expensive hotel I'd have expected the rooms to be a little bigger.
The price is a package consisting of 2 days entry (at full gate price 52€ per person), 3-course meal at the premium restaurant Uhrwerk, buffet breakfast, exclusive F.L.Y. quick pass and the night's stay with exclusive bar access. Once all that's deducted from the total its the cheapest rooms.
When corona is over and annual passes come back I imagine a normal pricing structure will come into use.

Erm... is it meant to do that?

Ei7d6QbWkAA4Pwc

120371082_684525072189032_8521176680308422248_n.jpg

This unusual phenomenon reportedly occurs if FLY hits the brake run and revolves its seats at the same time as Wuzeball dispatches. The sudden spike in power consumption results in a temporary dip in the supply, which just happens to be the exact amount of current required to revolve one row of seats on FLY.

A similar thing occasionally happens on Winjas under similar circumstances. The bouncing brake run fails to move and the car returns to the station without the final trick track effect happening. Taron’s second launch firing up at the same time as both Fear and Force’s main trick tracks running in tandem can often trigger this.

Given that Wuzeball runs so infrequently the park simply accept that, while the chances are very slim, these things will occur every once in a while.

HCL tour and review courtesy of TPWW;

Those VIEWS! :eek:

(and in case anyone's wondering, they were invited by the park)

Last edited:
This unusual phenomenon reportedly occurs if FLY hits the brake run and revolves its seats at the same time as Wuzeball dispatches. The sudden spike in power consumption results in a temporary dip in the supply, which just happens to be the exact amount of current required to revolve one row of seats on FLY.

A similar thing occasionally happens on Winjas under similar circumstances. The bouncing brake run fails to move and the car returns to the station without the final trick track effect happening. Taron’s second launch firing up at the same time as both Fear and Force’s main trick tracks running in tandem can often trigger this.

Given that Wuzeball runs so infrequently the park simply accept that, while the chances are very slim, these things will occur every once in a while.

Amazed they have had Wuseball running to be honest. It’s pleasing that they are trying but I fear they are flogging a dead horse with that one.

I suspect it’s more to try and add some (albeit feeble) additional capacity now that FLY is open to try and pull some guests away from Rookburgh.

Agree though, flogging a dead horse with that abysmal throughput and hidden “area” (read: plot of concrete).

I love the theming of this park and I’m sure from outside the park it blends in well with the rest of the city/town.
I can’t comment much about the ride but it looks like it goes slow round some sections of the ride but it may have been designed to do this.

2020 continues to take and take...

Following an incident with water damage in the building housing Hollywood Tour and Fantissima (Crazy Bats being above both has been unaffected) has led to the ride being closed for most of this season and the dinner show to have a delayed start in November now while repair work is ongoing.

Unexpectedly however Hollywood Tour has today disappeared from the online park map and in park app. Have the challenging financial effects of corona led to them deciding now to keep it SBNO for the rest of 2020 as a cost cutting measure?
Or last minute its now been given a much earlier than planned retirement? (given the next project is extremely likely based off evidence + rumours to be Geister Rikscha's replacement)
Or just a mistake with the website? haha
20201006_201525.jpg

I think that could be it for the ride.

Whilst it was not particularly entertaining - very much fitting into that old, not very charming, drawn-out dark ride bracket that Phantasialand sadly got themselves into through the 70s and 80s - it was one of the largest boat rides in Europe.

Phantasialand is now sorely lacking dark rides, almost glaringly. With Efteling's plethora of stellar dark rides and Europa-Park having really upped their game with indoor attractions in recent years, Phantasialand need one next. They are good for coasters.

Whilst I can see the Geister Rickshaw replacement as being up next, I can see it being a few years until it opens, given the financial impact of Covid-19.

Phantasialand still has 3 dark rides (4 if you include Mystery Castle), doesn’t it, as well as an enclosed coaster? I wouldn’t personally call that lacking, but I suppose everyone has different standards.

Maus au Chocolat is also fairly new, isn’t it?

They still have more indoor attractions that Alton Towers and currently more dark rides. Comparing AT to PL there are several attraction types glaringly missing in the UK.

Phantasialand still has 3 dark rides (4 if you include Mystery Castle), doesn’t it, as well as an enclosed coaster? I wouldn’t personally call that lacking, but I suppose everyone has different standards.

Maus au Chocolat is also fairly new, isn’t it?

The problem is with the exception of Maus and Mystery Castle (if you want to consider it in the same category) their dark rides are pretty pants. I say this as an avid Phantasialand fanboy, neither Geister nor Hollywood Tour are anything to write home about.

If we were talking about a park like Europa or Efteling where there are plenty of other attractions on offer then I would say Geister would be fairly inoffensive. It wouldn’t be good, but you would be able to accept its presence and consider it a value-add. However, given Phantasialand’s lack of space and notable other dark ride offerings I think it’s fair to say that it’s had its day. Maus is not enough to prop up the park’s lineup alone and the poorer quality dark rides far outweigh the good ones in my option.

For me personally I would say Duel when it’s working well has more merit than Hollywood Tour (both are a similar age).

Times change and while many other parks are able to cling onto their history and show how they have developed over the years, it simply isn’t practical at PL. It is sad, but the park would simply have become an outdated museum otherwise and I doubt could be bankrolling projects like Taron, Chiapas and FLY.

Quality over quantity.