• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

A great positive step in the right direction. No doubt it’ll still be some time before we see anything else happen on this front, but it’s great to see some progress after all these years.

Once Nighthawk/Hollywood Tour and Geister have been renewed/replaced the park really will have run out of options in the current space, short of removing attractions which are much more recent and still to a high standard.
If they do end up building a water park I have a good feeling it could rival Europa's, given how good the theming is for Rookbrough and Kugheim. :)

Judging by the trees, I can see why they've struggled to get permission.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I agree with Sam. Phantasialand are running out of old rides to replace. The only way they'll continue to build the incredible rides they've become famous for is with more space.
A waterpark would not only take up a lot of space but also be competing with the park for future expansion.
Also there are other Waterparks within travelling distance.

Spot on.

PL is already incredibly claustrophobic. They need that land to expand the park itself. Using it for a water park would sacrifice badly needed expansion room for the park (and possibly more hotels).

I agree with Sam. Phantasialand are running out of old rides to replace. The only way they'll continue to build the incredible rides they've become famous for is with more space.
A waterpark would not only take up a lot of space but also be competing with the park for future expansion.
Also there are other Waterparks within travelling distance.
Yeah I agree. To add to this, I think Phantasialand build rides in a way no other park does. I don't think that's really possible with a waterpark to the same extent. A good waterpark is a good waterpark: even at EP or Disney they're never anything absolutely astounding.

Phantasialand have removed the last mentions of Hollywood Tour completely from their website. Likely confirming its suspected end.

The 1990 Intamin boat dark ride closed mid season in 2020 after an incident with water damage in the show building. Both the ride and Fantissima dinner show theatre in the same building were affected. The dinner show eventually returned in 2021 following repairs to its theatre. However Hollywood Tour has remained SBNO ever since.
The park communicated it required extensive work however couldn't give an answer as to when it would reopen.

Reading between the lines and rumours it's clear they weren't wanting to give up the ride already; however something that is not part of their long term plans needing expensive work in the middle of the pandemic situation and completing Rookburgh was bad timing and luck. Despite removal from the 2021 map the ride webpage and info remained online with a notice 'closed for maintenance'. However these have now been removed; the webpage link redirects now to the attractions overview page.

Typically a ride closure at Phantasialand signals the start of something new. But with these circumstances, and that it was widely believed the complex of Crazy Bats and Hollywood Tour would have a few more years until the dinner show could be relocated (and until that time they introduced the Crazy Bats VR overlay to breath some life into its twilight years), that might not be the case.

Leave the space empty a few years until the whole complex can go for another major new area? Change plans and just put a new ride into the existing show building? Who knows...
ga-hollywood-tour_01.jpg

Last edited:
Statement from the park's guest service team confirming Hollywood Tour is closed.
Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, the Hollywood Tour has officially been removed from our program since last season. The reasons for the closures are quite diverse, the pandemic unfortunately also plays a role here, but is not the only factor that led to the closure. However, there are currently no plans to convert or reopen the attraction. I'm sure you understand that I can't give you any other answer at the moment.
IMG_3754.png

Phantasialand’s maze Baumberger Irrgarten (behind Crazy Bats/Hollywood and opposite the entrance to Wakobato) has been removed from their website. And it is reported on PhantaFriends.de that it currently is being demolished. It opened only in 2010.
8-Phantasialand-Parkplan-2010.jpg

irrgarten03.jpg

Given the seemingly sudden and premature nature of Hollywood Tour's death and the fact the Fantissima dinner show doesn't appear to be moving elsewhere anytime soon - sadly probably not the start of clearing that whole corner for a big new project. A weird move be interesting to see why.

Additionally the park confirmed Hotel Ling Bao is getting a new pool replacing the old one for this summer
Screenshot_2022-01-28_at_21.03.53.png

RIP Hollywood Tour. There was something weirdly charming about that ride. I’ll miss it quite a bit and it also leaves quite a hole in the park’s dark ride lineup. Let’s face it, the madhouse and the ghost train are both pretty terrible.

At least Mystery Castle is possibly the best dark ride I've ever been on. More than makes up for it. I'll miss the horror though.

Anyone stayed off-resort in the vicinity of Phantasialand; if so what are your recommendations? Brühl? Bonn? Cologne?

Planning a mini-European roadtrip for the Jubilee weekend (mainly to get away from all the flag-waving and "thank you ma'am"s!) and will need 2 nights near the park on the Saturday and Sunday nights.

We will have our own transport and I don't mind driving up to 30 minutes to the park. Never visited before so any advice on logistics welcome :)

The H+ Hotel in Bruhl is perfectly good, breakfast was included the 2 times I've stayed. Evening meals fine as well. Plus an all important bar which also serves food.

Plus its maybe a 20 minute stroll to the park if you want to leave the car at the hotel one day.

I would check the parks hotel prices though as there's usually a good discount for booking in advance and it can include discounted park tickets so you could make a saving that way. Really liked Matamba when I stayed there.

Last edited:
Back in 2016 we too were driving and stayed at the ibis Koeln Frechen which is an easy 20 minute drive from the park.

Back in 2016 we too were driving and stayed at the ibis Koeln Frechen which is an easy 20 minute drive from the park.

Thanks Rob, that's exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. :) Would be nice if there are some decent restaurants within walking distance as well for the Saturday and Sunday evenings.

Have had a look at the on-resort options but everything seems really expensive especially with park entry on top (and no good deals as far as I could see). In contrast, we have booked on-resort accommodation at Efteling which gives all three of us two full days at the park at no additional cost, which works out very reasonable.

Efteling 1 Phantasialand 0

I can second Köln Frechen. Used to stop there all the time when I was a poor student!

It’s in a bit of a commercial/retail area so there’s not too much in the way of restaurants, but there is a Maccies nearby and a couple of other fast food places.