• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Agreed. I was also there on the Saturday and noticed how the infrastructure doesn't seem to cope with water. The floor of the toilets opposite Chiapas' exit was a death trap, and someone slipped and fell quite hard in the ladies. The piles of snow at the side of paths when using as shortcuts to overcome slow people was also rather terrifying.

Didn't feel too busy. Taron listed as 60 is to be expected however I'm inclined to believe it was around 45 minutes consistently, particularly as it was only going up then straight back down the steps into the extension of doom. Maus and Winjas fair enough with only one side of Winjas being open and also the rain driving everyone to the indoor attractions. Hollywood Tour had a queue out of the door at one point!
Haha we saw the Hollywood Tour queue too, that was a wasted walk up the hill.

We didn't arrive until 1ish on the Saturday, and the Berlin area was absolutely rammed with crowds. We waited just over an hour for Taron with the queue out of the entrance, Black Mamba was spilling out of the entrance too but that only took 30 mins.

Fortunately, the Sunday was a lot less crowd heavy.

Taron just doesn't get a throughput anywhere near what it really needs to. I think, in theory, it can get 1,100-1,200 - but for various reasons, does not.

Going at the weekend (after making my first visit back last October), hopefully the rain holds off.

Excited to see the park all lit up for winter, also Taron. Well mostly Taron.

First look at the logo for F.L.Y.
7c021ed5-1c58-4071-90d2-c70baaa28c91.jpg.f23c8d08d001c364272b68394fabf39c.jpg

This low resolution image was attached a new trademark application filed by the park yesterday.
Kinda of steampunk meets dragons, meets a pilots badge, meets a car logo.

I don’t dislike the logo. It’s generally very pleasant looking. But it isn’t particularly unique or distinctive, which is a pretty big weakness. So I’m not sure really. I wouldn’t be sad if they changed or altered it, but if they don’t then it’s not the end of the world, because it does fit very well thematically.

I have no problem with the Logo but the names disappointing. Phantasialand have some great names; Talocan, Taron, Winjas, Chipas and even Rookburgh but Fly is too generic.

Please note that I think Air is a great name which you could also call simple and generic. The difference is that Air implys something about the experience, Fly is just what you are doing.

First look at the logo for F.L.Y.
7c021ed5-1c58-4071-90d2-c70baaa28c91.jpg.f23c8d08d001c364272b68394fabf39c.jpg

This low resolution image was attached a new trademark application filed by the park yesterday.
Kinda of steampunk meets dragons, meets a pilots badge, meets a car logo.

I'm a bit confused, I thought they couldn't trademark the name FLY?

We now have confirmation that the application was rejected, and the park has now withdrawn it.
The EUIPO's statement:
"The brand F.L.Y. can not be protected because it has "insufficient distinctiveness" according to UMV Article 7 1 b).

Don’t think they could trademark it, but guess there’s no reason they can’t name the ride FLY, just means it’s not copyrighted and I guess anyone else could call a ride FLY.

Seems the Macks have been whispering sweet VR nothings to the Löffelhardts...
Temple of the Night Hawk will have a VR option this summer called Crazy Bats (the animation looking very similar to those in Happy Family).
An interesting and rather out of character move. Wonder if it was simply because they decided something needed to be added to Temple in the short term or has Rookburgh's delay made them go looking for a new addition to advertise for this summer?

I’m almost expecting them to say it’s an early April fools joke. Well, I hope. :rolleyes: I guess we will find out for definite tomorrow.

If not, then I guess there isn’t too much harm in them trying it out, and if it does work (big emphasis on if, mind), then I guess it will add something to the ride for those who want to experience something different, and something new at the park while Rookburgh is still under construction.

It might make it more entertaining and interesting, but it will definitely have an impact on the throughput, which is probably one of the few major positives about this attraction.

I swear at one point the park did not want to use VR on any of their attractions, however I feel this is temporary given how Rookburgh won’t be opening until 2020 now.

Temple is definitely on the chopping block along with the Hollywood tour (which is likely to go the same time), however that probably won’t be for at least a few more years as they are probably going to spite Geister Riksha first (when Rookburgh opens) and probably replace that with a major dark ride/indoor attraction first.

I’m honestly amazed at how popular and cherished both rides are by park fans and enthusiasts.

I think the reason rides like TOTNH are cherished by fans, is because slowly, but surely, everything old/classic at PhL is being removed and replaced.

Admittedly, the newer stuff is glitzy, glamorous and usually excellent, but it does mean some of the old, classic, quaint attractions go and some of the soul of the park is taken away.

That said - for me, TOTN has no soul anyway.

:)