• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

I can second Köln Frechen. Used to stop there all the time when I was a poor student!

It’s in a bit of a commercial/retail area so there’s not too much in the way of restaurants, but there is a Maccies nearby and a couple of other fast food places.

Thanks Ian - might have to go a bit further afield for food then - being a coeliac I can't do most fast food (the choice between starving vs. being poisoned is not enviable!)

Tbh I am thinking more along the lines of a self-catered apartment now; might be more flexible.

For those who have NoLimits 2 on Steam and are interested, someone recently uploaded a recreation of Rookborough, including F.L.Y and Hotel CL (parts of which can be walked through and explored!). It is fully realistic apart from a small section of queue line. :)

unknown.png

Last edited:
Phantasialand have been working on an unusual project throughout the off-season in the Africa area. An opening for access was made in the external street wall and a crane set up. However new pictures taken from Hotel Matamba give some glimpses inside. Source

img-1655-10616-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

img-1677-10629-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

An entry has been knocked through a small unused hut opposite the entrance to Mamba and souvenir shop. From this a covered bridge reaches out over the coaster track exiting the vertical loop.
img-1673-10626-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

Then there is a gap - potentially for a rope bridge like that in Matamba's garden - to another platform/set of steps on the edge of a space by the Zero-G Roll which has been cleared some vegetation.
img-1675-10628-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

At the border wall, in the far end of the area, a concrete platform/foundation has been built. Along with a concrete pad on top of the tunnel over the track exiting the Jr Immelmann.
img-1674-10627-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

Obviously difficult to get an overview of the full extent of developments but from what we already know marked on the park map:
Red - the building from which this new pathway starts.
Green - the bridge connects to and some vegetation has been cleared.
Black - Roughly where this new concrete platform has been created.
FNKVCnOXIAQlygo

Whether this is simply just a new adventurous high pathway of bridges through the middle of the coaster layout and jungle for guests to explore. Or leads to something more which will be placed in there somehow (although the limited space makes me doubtful?).

Interestingly the idea of a rope bridge near the Zero-G Roll isn't an old one. An early concept model shown in a documentary about the ride's construction back in 2006 featured a bridge as a theming element.
1.jpg.c4c00fdac843c3ea26b1b9209d330656.jpg

A crane is also present in the Berlin area. The quick service restaurant Kaiser Snack has been removed the website and app. Some demolition work is taking place and presumably an improved/modernised food offering is in the works.
img-1691-10639-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

Does anybody know why Phantasialand have kept their a la carte restaurants shuttered? I note that of the four hotel restaurants, only the two buffet restaurants are open. This makes multi-night stays quite two dimensional in terms of food.

Does anybody know why Phantasialand have kept their a la carte restaurants shuttered? I note that of the four hotel restaurants, only the two buffet restaurants are open. This makes multi-night stays quite two dimensional in terms of food.
Ooh that's not good, hope they open in time for my June trip!

Phantasialand reopened yesterday and they have been busy in the off season.

Firstly the new Adventure Trail/Obstacle Course in Africa is taking shape. A number of new bridges, platforms and towers are scattered between parts of Mamba's layout. Universal Rocks are onsite for theming it too. The back half still has some way to go so at best guess late May/June opening?
FP5fNVeXEAAmqoB

FP5fNYPXoAYTK3w

FP5fNWBX0AcUPuX

4fd5f215-fe47-47fe-a67f-01b8ce6c5ab7-10866-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpeg

Over in Berlin the Kaiser Snack quick service restaurant has been removed and partially demolished, along with the steps down onto the square from the Mexico passageway. A major remodelling of this space is underway with the structure being extended and new larger stairs coming down its front from a large upper terrace. Unconfirmed rumours suggest a new major central toilets facility is being added and presumably a new quick service (a temporary food truck serving Currywurst, fries and bratwurst sits on the square as a replacement currently).
FP5GQbiWUAADFuh

FP5GQb-XsAQiEdS

FP5GQdsXoAIkzdH

FP5GQh7XwAM0f_5

Around Chiapas a great deal of new theming has been added to the pathways.
FP5o9mEXwAcBY0T

FP5o9mLXsAoHvXe

FP5o9mzXMAYmXbl

FP5o9ofWQAktcwC

FP5o-lOXMAgp_lJ

FP5pTf-XIAY8Lml

FP5pTgiXMAAn5oe

And the same goes for Klugheim!

The entrance portal to Wuze Town has been repainted with new colours and design patterns. A few other spots on the facade and the supports of Wurmling Express have also been repainted with new colours.
FP5NpdEXIAITa6X

Wolke’s Luftpost, the Zamperla Magic Bikes flat ride in Fantasy, has been relocated to the platform at Wuze Wall. It’s original location in the open air tower on the corner of Wuze Town/at the exit of Crazy Bats has been left empty.
FP5R7wPXsAUGvw8

FP5R7zDXEAMGD7q

Since 2010 behind the Crazy Bats/Hollywood Tour building and opposite Wakobato’s entrance had been Baumberger Irrgarten, a children’s maze. However surprisingly the attraction has been removed this year and demolition work begun.
FP5yBTOXsAgwJjA

Meanwhile Wakobato has finally been permanently been nerfed. Guns and interactives deactivated for good, and it is now advertised as a quiet relaxing boat ride on the lake. Seems the neighbours finally won the 'splash battle that never really battled'.

Across the park new digital infrastructure has been put in place with information screens giving queue and show times and directions installed in themed housing multiple times in each area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine that place where Wolke’s Luftpost used to sit could be a great place for a larger ride with a bit of height.

Unless this is some grand plan to clear the entire area like they've done with the previous major projects.

One has to certainly wonder if it is a coincidence or not that they are clearing attractions around the Crazy Bats hall - Luftpost relocated away and Irrgarten behind removed.
Indeed. I believe it's early work ready for construction to begin in 2026 with a view to a 2029 opening.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Has anyone been during October half term at end of October? Thinking of a possible trip with two full days in the park and 3 nights on-site in one of the hotels. Also both of the two main hotels are the same price, which is the better one to stay at?

Has anyone been during October half term at end of October? Thinking of a possible trip with two full days in the park and 3 nights on-site in one of the hotels. Also both of the two main hotels are the same price, which is the better one to stay at?
The two hotels literally depends on your preferred theme. Ling Bao feels higher end, though - and has a pool. With two full days, you'd probably be glad of a pool.

October is ok in Phantasialand as no Halloween is offered. That said, throughput often isn't as high as it should on rides like Taron so you can expect to wait.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

How very sad. I must admit I had never heard of him, but seeing that he worked on all things Phantasialand for the past 20 years shows what an incredible creative mind he must have had. A great loss.

How very sad. I must admit I had never heard of him, but seeing that he worked on all things Phantasialand for the past 20 years shows what an incredible creative mind he must have had. A great loss.
Seconded. Anyone who could design something like Rookburgh must have been both bonkers and brilliant. A huge loss to the park.

With the 2 day tickets you get for stopping at Hotel Charles Lindbergh, do you go to the hotel to claim the tickets or are they sent to you?

With the 2 day tickets you get for stopping at Hotel Charles Lindbergh, do you go to the hotel to claim the tickets or are they sent to you?
You receive the tickets, or special "Boarding Passes" as they're called, at the check in desks in the hotel upon arrival.

Construction work continues for Phantasialand's 2022 attraction - the Adventure Trail/Obstacle Course through the layout of Black Mamba.
The park have filed with EUIPO a trademark for the name "DEEP IN AFRICA - Adventure Trail".

FRwIqf-XwAAI3eF

FRwIqf-WUAA2fqK

FRvrzOYXMAAHgOu

FRvrzMwXwAEX0mq

FR13_1dXMAUzF9y

FR13_2AXwAc7eWO

A roller slide was also delivered yesterday - like those in Toverland's Wunder Wald indoor hall and EP's Ireland area - it seemingly will be the finale of the Trail.

You receive the tickets, or special "Boarding Passes" as they're called, at the check in desks in the hotel upon arrival.

Construction work continues for Phantasialand's 2022 attraction - the Adventure Trail/Obstacle Course through the layout of Black Mamba.
The park have filed with EUIPO a trademark for the name "DEEP IN AFRICA - Adventure Trail".

FRwIqf-XwAAI3eF

FRwIqf-WUAA2fqK

FRvrzOYXMAAHgOu

FRvrzMwXwAEX0mq

FR13_1dXMAUzF9y

FR13_2AXwAc7eWO

A roller slide was also delivered yesterday - like those in Toverland's Wunder Wald indoor hall and EP's Ireland area - it seemingly will be the finale of the Trail.

Well that looks magical!