• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Is anybody aware of the chest restrictions on any of the Phantasialand rides or any rides that are particularly restrictive?

Black Mamba, F.L.Y., Talocan and Mystery Castle are all OTSR attractions where chest size may be more of a problem.

Mamba has the usual B&M big boy seats on a couple of rows, and standard OTSRs. If you’re ok with Nemesis/Inferno you should be fine there.

Talocan can be a little snug and be warned that the OTSRs do force themselves tighter as the cycle begins (I think they’re pressurised and push themselves down tighter than the hosts close them). The seats themselves are also quite narrow and packed in, leaving little shoulder or arm room. Really it should have two less seats on each side and the others spaced out further. It’d make for a much more comfortable experience.

I may be remembering wrong too, but I think Mystery Castle has a couple of larger seats. I’m sure I’ve heard stories of people being asked to swap seats to get on. The restraints are pretty much the same as those found on Maelstrom or sit down Apocalypse at Drayton.

I can’t speak for F.L.Y. as I haven’t been on yet, but someone else may be able to confirm that one for you.

Taron uses an over the should lap bar system, but thighs are more of an issue there as opposed to chest.

Anyone able to comment on Phantasia's vegan food options, particularly with reference to evening meals?

You're out of luck with Uhrwerk in the evening. No vegan options afaik.

I'm struggling to think of many options, I'm the opposite end of the scale to vegan however.

Reactions: D4n
Think there was an option at most for vegetarian options not sure on vegan options. Don't think the pizza that wasn't pizza place did a vegan option and don't remember one at the sandwich place by FLY.

Cheers guys. Going to try the Zambesi buffet for the evening meal as at least their menu mentions vegan options.

I do resent paying 35 euros for what sounds like it will be unlimited chickpea curry though 🤔

Can anyone who's gone England to Germany lately tell me how travel restrictions are for double jabbed people atm, not getting boostered so was wondering if I even could go at all, me and my friends wanna go phantasialand next year is all.

Can anyone who's gone England to Germany lately tell me how travel restrictions are for double jabbed people atm, not getting boostered so was wondering if I even could go at all, me and my friends wanna go phantasialand next year is all.
It's laid out pretty clearly here.

I wouldn't worry too much ahead of next year though, anything could happen. You might need five monkeypox jabs and €400 to enter the park.

Looking at the advice adults have to be fully vaccinated in order to enter Germany.

Also, a mate of mine is at Phantasialand currently and says that masks were required on the plane but not at the airports. (why?!)

From memory, I’m not sure our NHS COVID Passes were checked at all when we travelled to Germany in April. Ryanair certainly didn’t check them in London Stansted, and I’m not even sure the immigration staff in Baden-Baden checked them, from memory.

But if the guidance says about it being fully vaccinated only, then I’d still get one just in case. Better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it.

On park, they don't have any restrictions. Outside of public transport you'd never know there was any restrictions. Masks were required technically on the Wuppertal Schwebebahn and the trolleybuses whilst we were there but nobody enforced it and most ignored it.

I think Europe relaxed a lot of mask rules in the last 2 weeks. I was in Brussels 3 weeks ago and last week, while masks were required on all public transport 3 weeks ago last week this was not the case. I think this was part of an agreement across Europe although local councils and companies can enforce their own rules.

Under the rules right now you need to have the booster if it’s been more than 270 days since your second dose of the vaccine.
So for most people who would of had their vaccine more than nine months ago you need the booster to travel to Europe.

Whether proof of vaccination is being checked is a different question.

Also there is a good chance the rules will change in a years time, but I would expect the booster will still be needed if there are still covid requirements to enter Europe.

I've just come back and visited NL, D and F with two parks.

No covid passports nor other forms were requested or checked at any time anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
As @NuttySquirrel says though, it is sensible to bring covid passports anyway as if you forget them they'll probably be asked for. :p

Well, given that Covid passports are through the NHS app, there is no need to worry. If asked, you can simply show it. No special preparations are needed.
Unless you haven’t had the booster and your vaccination was more than 270 days ago, then you need to prepare by either getting the booster or being prepared to show a test result if required.