• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

I wonder if there will be any /effects on any of these attractions? I had hoped for it with Chiapas, but Phantasialand seem quite shy when it comes to dark ride portions on their newer rides. Mamba's break run, for example. I am thinking things along the lines of Blue Fire's pre-launch sequence, or even Th13teen's crypt.

Just reading on Phantafriends that they have security workers who every so often come and check on the hatches on the Mexico bridge. The hatches which allowed people to see the construction site where screwed shut when testing began. Apparently a few days what someone with a screwdriver, opened a hatch to see though. Attracted a large crowd. They were kicked out of the park.

I assume they were that desperate to see they decided to bring a screwdriver, it is hardly an item you causally take with you when visiting a park!?:)

Indeed. I've been mugged at screwdriverpoint a few times. Having one pressed against your face / neck is not my idea of fun. (The joys of growing up on a west London council estate).

Indeed. I've been mugged at screwdriverpoint a few times. Having one pressed against your face / neck is not my idea of fun. (The joys of growing up on a west London council estate).

#nothernmasterrace

I'm planning a trip to Phantasialand for early July, has anyone got any idea if Taron will be open by then? And does anyone know how busy the park will be, which rides to get on early and which hotel is better?

I don't think any of us dare tempt fate after the Chiapso a couple of years ago.

Many see Taron and Raik as spiritual successors to the Schwarzkopf coasters Gebirgsbahn and Grand Canyon Bahn. (The park is putting in a smaller family ride with a larger coaster in a built up canyon area)
Anyway, the fire that destroyed the coasters happened 15 years ago today.

^ 15 years has flown by. I understand the sentiment associated with those two rides, in part because they were quite unique in terms of their placement, but both looked more than a little tired when I rode them in 1999/2000.

That said, in terms of the park growing and expanding in to what we know today - that fire was the thing that paved the way for that, although I imagine both those rides would have been removed by now, anyway.

^ I'm certain the rides didn't have long anyway. A few more years at most. Rough plans for River Quest already existed in some form, allowing the park quickly to within a year open it on the same site.
Also the following year two new coasters opened: Winjas Fear and Force. Maybe the plan was for them to serve as replacements?

The exterior of the restaurant in Klugheim is now being themed:

20160514_17495500000.jpg

image_2265.jpeg

Source

Testing is apparently ongoing. I'd imagine a May opening is less likely now though.

:)

Seems like it's been testing forever, and surely there can't be much left to do after the restaurant?

There isn't. If it wasn't for the restaurant I'm sure it would be open or about to. However hopefully it still won't be too much longer. The theming and buildings around Raik were finished over a week ago. The rest of the area is sitting finished with finishing touches such as lanterns being in over the past few weeks. Work is taking place at the entrance to Klugheim from Chiapas. This work and the restaurant are the last bits of construction work being carried out.

Phantasialand Update!

As most of the area is pretty much done, construction work has been focused on the Tavern.
The exterior theming is as far as we know is mostly complete. In front of the building some wooden structures have appeared.
On the very left there is an enclosed wooden tunnel/walkway between the Tavern and the River Quest lift tower. It seems to be purely a theming element to create an archway/gateway when entering Klugheim from the Mystery Entrance of the park and Mystery Castle.
screenshot-2016-05-23-17-54-54.png.755a0af16680d3d52a108da066fa0534.png

On the left you can see the theming work on the soundproof wall connecting the basalt canyon and the Tavern.
On the right the curved triangular roof - possible entrance to the Tavern? This structure has been put up very quickly in the past two days.
screenshot-2016-05-23-17-54-08.png.336790818f4ee4e30bee33e05f2f4424.png

screenshot-2016-05-22-16-41-39.png.85adba9741fa77845993db50c604653f.png

The gateway between the Tavern and River Quest was also erected very quickly in the past few days. It has been topped off with a dragon carving.
screenshot-2016-05-23-17-55-27.png.7bacabe918a4903f3e8d79028f20d180.png

Overview from yesterday (only difference to today is more of the wood structures seen in front of the Tavern have been completed.)
screenshot-2016-05-22-16-44-10.png.32802f392511a3ae7990e1f787d232c9.png

Work is also ongoing behind the fence at the Chiapas exit for the entrance to Klugheim there. (Bottom Lefthand Corner)
No testing on either coasters has taken place in the past couple of days.

Interesting reports on Phantafriends. It may be a poor translation, but people seem to be suggesting that benches have been positioned behind the fences next to Chiapas' station/exit, with tape tied between them, as if the fence may be coming down shortly.

The park have also just updated their Facebook header from the return ticket offer to a generic Chiapas shot.

Perhaps optimism on the fans part, but these do seem to be gradually eluding to some form of opening in the near future, with current estimates ranging from 15th June to early July.

Many are likening the current state of the site to Black Mamba in its final weeks, which was reportedly a building site up until the day before opening.