• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Yeah. I think they believe the fence at the Chiapas exit corner is going to be removed tomorrow or the following day. Meaning that corner of Klugheim and the transition between the Klugheim and Mexico areas will be finished.
This leaves only the tavern as the last remaining work to be done before the area is finished.

With regards to opening as tomorrow is the first of June people are expecting an announcement or at least some form of update.

A drone has been spotted overhead multiple times, and cameramen have been seen around the area in general too, so we could be getting a new magazine article soon as well

This picture was posted on Phantafriends showing the Chiapas corner:
8038-3d9f7bfb0b6d7ccccf57034f3fba5e5e.jpg

Given that this corner looked like this only 5 days ago, they must have cracked on if they're going to be removing the fences this soon
thumb_001_446.jpg

:)

Update.

Metal bars are being placed into the ground at the closed off Chiapas corner. Perhaps foundations for a themed wall with a gateway to enter the other theme area??
They've been concreted in so hardly a temporary construction fence.
DSC_0086.JPG.60177204a6d8c4c3dd252a1683f6ec66.JPG

13269571_1602601186720381_1443009967_n.jpg.25e04b1f1078519c3cb16f2cb4c70b09.jpg

Model update from Tobi on Phantafriends.
screenshot-2016-06-01-23-41-18.png.ad9b2de759216298076a4eb5ad983ab2.png

Raik's queueline which is goes on a bridge over the track in the trench below has partly received a covered roof. The covered bridge looks great theming wise.

screenshot-2016-06-01-23-40-19.png.9af1e956a84ca2015c7e3ddfd296aefa.png

Work has start themeing the front wall of the tavern which had been the only part of the exterior remaining unthemed until now.

Unfortunately Tobi has decided as the area is so close to completion and opening he is going to stop doing updates.

Reactions: Dar
Still looks temporary. I've never known a park so paranoid about people seeing their rides.

Last Sunday there was some work going on the Taron track, could see someone harnessed in at one of the high points. No idea how long it's been like it but as you walked through from the plaza area (one from where the spinning ride with fountains underneath) towards the Jump Arena in the undercover section the only fencing up was permanent black metal see through gates(?)/ fence that showed off the Rock themeing walkway area behind, there was music playing all day in that area which appeared to be from klugheim and didn't fit either of the other areas it was linking. Still saw scaffolding up around the building you could see from the start of Riverquest but the building looked pretty complete and that scaffolding could be easily down in less than a day.

To be honest how close it felt to opening I'm a bit surprised it hasn't opened this week.

There was a lot of hammering going on behind the new construction fence yesterday so I assume an entrance feature is being constructed.

A Dutch TV show was given access to part of Klugheim. As seen in the last minute or so of this video. The segment however ends before showing more of the area and rides, to be continued in a future ep. Nevertheless it gives a nice glimpse of the path alongside the Siblermine hall.

Reactions: Ian
Yes!

Was going to book my trip for the 24th June, but delayed it for 8th July. Can't wait now! Bet it will be quite busy.

^ Yeah. I'm visiting on 1st July and while I'm happy it will be open, I'm quite concerned about how busy it will be. Bringing two friends who have never been before so hoping we can still get on everything without having to wait too long.

Then again it could be worse. Both 1st and 8th are weekdays before the NRW schools start their summer holidays. That will have a big influence on crowds.

Might have to buy some of the fast track type offers to get on some of the rides. Luckily I'm in the hotel for a night so I can be one of the first in the park on the Saturday.

There is also a video on Phantasialand's FB page with some more spiel regarding the opening and ride :)

The park's press release details the 6 world records in Klugheim.

- Taron is the world's fastest multi-launch coaster.
- Taron is the longest multi-launch coaster in the world.
- Taron has the world's most intense LSM launch.
- Taron's layout features 58 intersections, during the ride it will cross its own tracks 118 times - a world record!
- Raik is the fastest and longest family boomerang in the world.

Gutted to be missing the opening by 2 days but can't really complain as I knew the risk, though based on the updates I am surprised it's as late as June 30th.

Praying for a soft opening while I'm there.

I have to admit the 58/118 crossovers does sound like an interesting Worlds First claim. Never heard anyone make a big deal of a rides interaction before.

I have to admit the 58/118 crossovers does sound like an interesting Worlds First claim. Never heard anyone make a big deal of a rides interaction before.

They've turned to Merlin for inspiration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk