• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

This has been mentioned in the Shoutbox but thought I'd pop it here anyway, during a concern in Cologne, Adele called the parks owner a dickhead! Wow!

Phantasialand have also banned news site Looopings from attending the Taron opening press event. This is because the park believe that Looopings have been negatively reporting on the park what with the Adele incident and for reporting the demolition of Race for Atlantis back in March. Both pieces of news were fact yet the park have once again thrown their toys out of the pram. Phatnasialand have previously threatened legal action against Looopings.

Why on earth are they so pathetic when it comes to fans/fan sites? They make it looks like Towers treat their fans really well.

:)

I just cannot fathom their attitude. Are they trying for a Cartmanland "you can't come here" tactic‽

When I initially found the articles, I laughed for a solid 3 minutes at how petty Phantasialand was being and just had to share it in the Shoutbox. This behaviour just goes hand in hand with their insistence on taking down any photos and videos to do with ride construction, as we've seen with Taron.

It's a shame really, because the park is absolutely lovely when you're in it and is one of the best themed in Europe (in my opinion).

Indeed. Let's be honest, they probably know they can get away with treating their fans like crap because they know how good their park is. Were it any other park in Europe (with the possible exception of EP), the whole enthusiast community would spurn them!

Has no one told Phantasialand that no one reads those kinds of sites apart from theme park geeks? The likelihood of the average punter being put off visiting by one of those articles is virtually nil. They weren't even particularly negative, just straight-forward reporting of facts. What's wrong with reporting that a ride has been demolished? Were they hoping no one would find out?

Phantasialand is a good enough park that they shouldn't be worrying about what fan sites are writing about them. The construction photo embargo has also been ridiculous. As we saw with The Smiler, photos don't tend to reach the mainstream media unless the park makes an official press release.

Waging a war with fans is pointless and a waste of the park's time and resources. In an age where most outfits are increasing their social media presence and fan interaction, this can only serve to hurt the park.

Last edited:
Hm. Phantasialand certainly should ignore stuff like Adele's comments, and take it on the chin. No excuse for that.

However photography of the park during closed season is not allowed. The article about Race for Atlantis is disliked due to the photo of the demolition. Phantafriends spoke about the demolition and that was perfectly alright - they have a great relationship with the park and respect their rules.
Looopings can't complain that the park are angry at them for publishing that, they are well aware of the rules. So tough!

Regardless, on to the important stuff: lots of activity in Klugheim.
Trees are being planted at the Chiapas exit corner of the area. Both coasters are running daily now. Last week the Tavern's kitchen was delivered. They are now working on the finishing touches to the exterior, and outdoor seating is being put in the market place.
River Quest has been closed for the past week. No one knows why. Is this scheduled work in relation to Klugheim or is there a major issue that needs repaired? Someone on Facebook asked the park will it be open on 26th June to which the park said they didn't know yet.

The park have been holding lotteries for tickets to the Preopening night on the 29th, and many new sites and forums have been given large numbers of tickets.

Having been on Race for Atlantis (only once fortunately), I can't see why anyone not employed by Phantasialand would take an article showing a photo of it being torn down as reflecting badly on the park. :) Demolition at Phantasialand means two things:

1. Something rubbish at best is getting what it had coming.
2. Something downright amazing will probably be stood on the site in a few years.

As for the comment from Adele, why would they even pay anything related to it any attention? I love the place to bits, but they really need to change their tune when it comes to public relations.

Ahhh well, only 10 days till all the walls come down anyway! I can't wait to see the inner parts of the area from ground level in all their glory :D

Phantasialand really do do so well at fully immersive areas <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like when world leaders publicly condemn some nasty event. I expect this to have about as much impact on events.

It honestly baffles me as to why on earth Phantasialand are behaving like this. It's completely and utterly ridiculous.

Good to see them getting some stick from some of their peers, hopefully iy might make them realise that they need to toatally re-think their PR strategy.

:)

Not fussed about all the politics, I just want Taron to be open. They have 25 days to get it open! :D

Not fussed about all the politics, I just want Taron to be open. They have 25 days to get it open! :D

Seeing as it's due to open a week tomorrow I think you should be safe ;)

As for PL's behaviour over the years, it is good to see other parks and people speaking up about it! I know enthusiast communities are a vast minority in terms of gate figures and income for parks, however it makes no sense at all to alienate your biggest fans, especially around the opening period of a new ride. I mean, if it weren't for enthusiasts last years figures at Towers would have been even smaller no doubt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing as it's due to open a week tomorrow I think you should be safe ;)

I hope so! I need new coasters. :)

It will be interesting to see how Black Mamba stacks up to Nemesis as well. I know some people prefer Mamba over Nemesis.

This picture has been posted on PhantaFriends
image.png.7d67530f58ace0c49ade2dfee3cf9171.png

Looks like the entrance is on the right, where the logo is!
Really excited for next week now!