• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Dan and NuttySquirrell have given their own experience that they did not need to present proof of vaccination when travelling, which has been the case for many people recently. As the gov.uk website states, you are required to present proof that you are vaccinated on request to carriers or authorities - so have the NHS app installed ready to show your proof of vaccination if necessary. My guess would be there's a risk based approach being applied thanks to staffing issues in the industry where there's a low likelihood of anyone travelling who's not fully vaccinated, so the checks are skipped in exchange for keeping (or attempting to!) keep everything else running at the moment.

As information can change at any time, I'd advise everyone to check the gov.uk foreign travel advice before they travel for the latest advice for the country you're visiting, rather than go off any posts on here. Posts have the potential to go out of date, and it's all laid out very clearly on each country's pages on gov.uk. There's also a clear explanation as to what's required for entry and what's classified as fully vaccinated for each country, and under what reasons you're permitted to enter if you're not fully vaccinated.

I think it's probably wise to continue discussion specifically about Phantasialand in this topic, and if anyone has any questions about travelling abroad, consult the gov.uk website and then if they still have queries feel free to ask any questions in the Trip Planning forum :).

Looking at the possibility of tying in a short visit to Phantasialand & Dusseldorf Rheinkirmes next month. Is visiting Phantasialand towards the end of July a bad idea crowds wise?

From RideOnBlog.de some updates on the Adventure Trail. Major construction work seems to have wrapped up with just finishing touches being done now.
Entrance sign in place, queue time screen just missing from its frame.
img-3852-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

dsc09924-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

img-1599-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

The Roller Slide which will be the trail's finale has been covered/themed as a bridge over the pathway beside the Monkey Rock theming feature.
dsc09922-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

dsc09901-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

dsc09902-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

With most of the trail out of sight at the back of the area and intertwined in the coaster and jungle it's difficult to really get an overview however there appears to be plenty new themed structures and towers poking up out of the overgrowth. Should a nice filler family/kids attraction and provide some great new interaction and photo ops with Black Mamba.

It appears to be very close to opening - I'd guess however it will like Rookburgh simply open without warning sometime during this or next week.

Yes; the quick service restaurant Kaiser Snack was partially demolished for this corner to be remodelled including the small stairs beside from the square up to the Mexico passageway.
img-3918-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

img-3841-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

img-3844-1920-1276-100-wm-left_bottom-100-LogoSet2020NEW3png.jpg

From Talocan a new large terrace has opened up on top. Leading to 2 larger sets of stairs down onto the Berlin square. No official confirmation on what exactly will be added in the new larger interior space. Supposedly a new central toilets facility which that part of the park is sorely missing. And I'd imagine a replacement quick service restaurant too.

Yeah there was a distinct lack of toilets in that area. The ones by the carousel seem to have gone, not sure if they've been removed for Tortchen & Co or for some other reason...? The Rookburgh ones were also shut on my last visit which made finding some in that area of the park an absolute pain. Just checked my park map which shows some have apparently appeared near Wintergarten - it's possible they've jumped the gun and marked new ones that aren't actually open yet.

RE: Talocan, they didn't seem to be doing anything on the Mexico side of the overpass, so I'm not sure the changes in Berlin will really clear congestion on the steps on the far side. TBH I don't know the path layout of that area of the park particularly well so it's possible they could improve other routes down from there.

On a completely unrelated note, I find it a bit odd how many areas the park has that are barely referenced on the park map. There's Wuze Town which is part of Fantasy, Klugheim which is part of Mystery and Rookburgh which is part of Berlin. I get that they want to maintain the six areas with the associated dragon mascots but it's increasing unrepresentative of the actual park.

Hi guys,

I was just wondering why the booking system is so weird. Why don’t they have a proper system paying rather than transferring?!

It was the same when I visited back in 2018.

I imagine they just simply haven’t invested in updating their systems and setting it all up for the hotels yet. After all this the park where it’s only been possible to use card to pay at all their F&B outlets since 2019.

Germany has been a bit weird with it’s obsession with using cash rather than card and online banking. Things are changing thankfully for the better but some corners of the country slower than others. In the city of Cologne there are remarkably still plenty of cafés and such that do only cash too for instance.

Especially with the increase in international visitors (especially from Benelux who also find it insane) they really need to get with the times.

It’s a very very odd system and one I'm still surprised has lasted as long as it has. Many times in the past when we’ve visited we’ve simply emailed or called and asked to pay on arrival and they’ve been fine with it.

When I used to be a passholder one of the “perks” was being able to pay for your hotel at checkout. You’d still have to phone or email in to make a reservation but would then be told to ignore any letters sent asking for payment (unless you wanted to pay before arriving) 😂

I was wondering if anyone knew if the park are doing early ride time or late ride time?! In 2018 we got Taron and Raki for an hour 6-7…I can’t seem to see anything on their website.

So I’m guessing not.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the park are doing early ride time or late ride time?! In 2018 we got Taron and Raki for an hour 6-7…I can’t seem to see anything on their website.

So I’m guessing not.
There isn't anything.

No ERT. No Annual Passes.

:)

So I’m guessing not.

Hotel guests now receive a fastrack valid on a selection if D ticket attractions for each night stay in place of ERT.

Valid on Maus, Winjas, Colorado, Chiapas.

The ERT was always weird though as if you went in the off season it was in the evening. Wintertraum in the morning. Go during the high season and they didn't run one. Though in August 2019 the check in staff at Matamba gave me a load more of fast passes due to how busy it was.

The ERT was always weird though as if you went in the off season it was in the evening. Wintertraum in the morning. Go during the high season and they didn't run one. Though in August 2019 the check in staff at Matamba gave me a load more of fast passes due to how busy it was.
Maybe they fancied you.

The ERT hasn't been on offer since corona started. It is still mentioned in FAQs as not available until further notice. Suggests it isn't totally dead forever but likely staffing issues are in the way right now.

Africa's Adventure Trail, the new attraction for this year, has a staff preview event this evening; and filming for marketing material has been taking place over the past few days so must be on the verge of opening soon.