• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pie & Mash?

A

Anonymous

From what I remember it lasted 2 seasons? The food from there every time I went (which was regular!) was amazing! The mash especially! Then it got re-branded to pasty's. :(

With Merlin wanting to make there own food lets and trying to offer more was it the right decision to remove this outlet? Did you try the food? What were your thoughts?

Wasn't it themed to UG Land? So they thought it would be better to remove it overall, I never saw it considerably busy anyway if I remember but wouldn't this be more suited to Talbot Street?

It was still there in 2010 when Ug land became dark forest, I think it was also there last year, and maybe some of this year? I guess it was either unpopular with guests or the costs simply didnt add up for them and it was cheaper and easior to do pasties instead.

I never experienced Pie & Mash at AT, such a shame! It is something I keep running into working in London, and to see it back at Towers once again would be brilliant!

Merlin must have had their reasoning behind removing said establishment, but I'd be interested in knowing why exactly. Maybe people found pasties were easier and more appealing during the day, rather than full blown plate of Mash Potato and a beefy Pie!

I was a bit disappointed when I found that it had gone - the food was lovely! Almost always had to wait for the pies to come out of the oven though - perhaps it was too slow? Don't know whether the pasties are any quicker though so not sure if that was the problem!

Pasties are certainly an easy manage than Pie & Mash.

I LOVE pie and mash, but never touched it at a Alton Towers for two reasons, it's too easy to buy crap pies, and it's not exactly what I want to eat before being launched or dropping through faux crypt floorboards!

;D

2 years ago I opted for a Pie and it was the best pie I've ever had! It was well worth the price inc Theme Park profit margins.

This year I tried to get the same Steak Pie and they didn't have it. The options had completely changed. We choose a Lamb & mint and paid £4 which was more expensive that previous years and it was awful. It was dry with hardly any filling and what was filling was poor.

Getting tired of Alton sacrificing quality for profit. :mad:

Pie and Mash was great food until last year when they changed supplier and it became absolutely disgusting. I would guess that's why it went.

Yeah, I seem to recall a rather dire "Pie and Smash" incident in Dark Forest mid last season, so I don't think the outlet was any great loss, and pasties seem to get generally good reviews :)

Never got to try the Pie and Mash, but sounds good! I do love the pasties though. Cheese & Onion Pasty is incredible!

I never ate there but spent many a trip waiting for others who had to queue considerable time to get pies, and then on other occassions, walking straight past because they didn't have anything at all!

Heard some pretty bad reviews of the place, too :-/ I guess that would be down to the possible change of supplier as previously noted?

I can't recall what's in its place now?? Donuts? [Edit >> pasties, as said, I see! Pasties are easier in relation to demand - quicker to cook, less waste if its not busy (can cook to order quickly), and the quality is likely to be more consistent]

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2