• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Scandinavia & Snorri Touren

Ah, saw that earlier today. Wonder if that suggests they intend to recreate it as it was? Scandinavia looked beautiful, so I'd really love to see them do that. :)

It's a lovely temporary addition.

BUT.

There is a problem. Sunken City Vineta, the immensely popular attraction, is not included on the screen! It is therefore inaccurate! ;)

Reactions: Rob
Forgive me if this has already be shared but stumbled across this site that has some pretty comprehensive aerial photography from the day after the fire and subsequent demolition (alongside other shots of the park and Rulantica construction).

This one in particular stood out for the detail from within Piraten in Batavia. In previous photos we'd already seen the remains of the forts at the bottom of this photo, but towards the right here, you can see the remains of the trees in the jungle scene as well as the bridge to the stage in Bamboe Baai.
elb_00059e9d.jpg

Indeed the fact that bridge survived shows that the fire was less severe in this part of the ride, since you can see the melted remains of the ride's other bridge (the one with the drunken pirate) about a third of the way down the left hand side of the photo. It is also interesting to be able to see into the ride's storage/maintenance area at the top of picture (you can see the channel cutting behind the scenery of what used to be the ride 'fire scene').

Also this photo, which clearly shows the burnt out remains of the World of Trolls tunnel on Fjord Rafting:
elb_00059e9f.jpg

Looopings have posted some new photos to Twitter showing how the site clearing is coming along:

DgDhZ_oXUAEtomq.jpg

DgDhZ_zW0AE3yEU.jpg

DgDhZ_qW4AA2AcL.jpg

Rotherham shopping valley survives, for now!

It looks like the first photo was taken from roughly where the entrance to Scandinavia was; quite a different view.

:)

The pace of work taking place suggests to me that the rebuild will start as soon as possible.

Meanwhile at AT.........we’re still waiting for Airs tunnel to be themed.

Very impressive- I wonder if we will see a like for like rebuild

You may or may not be aware that an official fan event took place at Europa-Park last weekend. EPFans.info have now published their report on the event, and the following was confirmed by Michael Mack:

The Scandinavian village is to be rebuilt already until the start of the season in 2019 (!) With almost identical appearance. Only slight adjustments to the house divisions are planned and a reunion with Vineta is unlikely.

There were also some interesting news regarding Batavia's pirates: Roland Mack wants a nearly identical rebuild, while the younger generation wants to modernize the new attraction a bit. In any case, Rust has set itself the ambitious goal of reopening this attraction by 2020.

Can we all now please take a moment to mourn what seems to be confirmation of the end for Europa-Park's greatest attraction - Vineta.

Needless to say that this is all exceptional news though! And I am not at all surprised that Roland wants Pirates to be as it was before but the younger Macks see opportunities to make improvements. It will be interesting to see who gives way!

:)

I hope something interesting goes where Vineta was but it sound like they'll just use that space to expand the area. Vineta might not have been my thing but I love hidden details.

More theme parks should have hidden away details and little things to discover along the way. Vineta looked bit old and cranky but good. It's for families anyway, not you lot :p

The return of Pirates In Batavia sounds great, but no surprises either. It may have been old and variation of a Disney Classic, but it was an iconic and meaningful attraction to both visitors and owners.

I expect it will follow a very similar theme and style but feature updates and variations in different places. 2020 reopening sounds realistic.

Great news to see the Scandanavian village will be rebuilt and very similar/almost identical to the one lost. Especially considering how beautiful and picturesque this place was.

It is a great shame however Vineta will not be returning, which now is well and truly a Sunken City. I wonder if this is a result of there being a different attraction or infrastructure improvements.

I wonder what the fate for the Anderson tower is?

The return of Pirates In Batavia sounds great, but no surprises either. It may have been old and variation of a Disney Classic, but it was an iconic and meaningful attraction to both visitors and owners.

I expect it will follow a very similar theme and style but feature updates and variations in different places. 2020 reopening sounds realistic.

Great news to see the Scandanavian village will be rebuilt and very similar/almost identical to the one lost. Especially considering how beautiful and picturesque this place was.

It is a great shame however Vineta will not be returning, which now is well and truly a Sunken City. I wonder if this is a result of there being a different attraction or infrastructure improvements.

I wonder what the fate for the Anderson tower is?
A rebuild of the Tower would be perfect. Sparks no longer exist but I am sure Mack Solutions could do something.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks like even more artwork has been added to the walls blocking out the area of the fire. :)

Dgjph5VX4AABlSS

Image: Looopings.

Got to say, I'm really, really pleased they've decided to rebuild Scandinavia to be nearly identical to what it was before the fire. Definitely the right thing to do with it being such a lovely area. It'll be interesting to see what they have planned for Piraten in Batavia too. I think they'll keep the ride the same, but update some of the effects using more modern technology, and maybe make some of the scenes even more interesting to look at by adding some extra little details etc.

I've never visited EP, but I'd personally like to see them update Piraten in Batavia a bit, as dark ride technology has moved on a lot since the ride first opened back in 1987. In fact, EP has also moved on a lot since 1987. So it would be nice to see them expand upon it a bit and update it.