• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

Scott

Former TS Team Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Time for some 2013 news on everyone's least favourite little UK park... Pleasurewood Hills!

Their website currently features this image:

web-banner-delay.jpg

Which hints at the park's 30th birthday celebrations as well as another five new attractions for the 2013 season!

Currently we know that two of the additions will be very family orientated. One will be a park-model teacups ride and the other will be this thing from their sister park in the Netherlands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EX_n99ntPk#ws

:/

One other addition will be the refurb of one of the park's existing dark rides and another is likely to be a revamped Sean Alexander illusion show. This leaves one final addition - which will hopefully be a thrill ride to pull in the crowds...

Re: Pleasurewood Hills 2013: 5 New Attractions

They've seen quite a few changes in the last few years. I look forward to seeing the park again.

I wonder which dark ride is getting refurbished?

With any luck, Tales of the Coast - which is currently a boat going through a cave with very little in the way of story or working props :p

Is that the old arabian nights one? Near the old bowl-type cinema? I haven't been in at least 5 years, be interesting to pop back again. Is it still ridiculously over-priced?

Scott said:
With any luck, Tales of the Coast - which is currently a boat going through a cave with very little in the way of story or working props :p

That was the ride I wanted to say but couldn't for the life of me remember its current theme. I used to love it when it was Aladdin and all the audio files were out of order :p

yeah that ride has had a troubled past...

Dar said:
Is that the old arabian nights one? Near the old bowl-type cinema? I haven't been in at least 5 years, be interesting to pop back again. Is it still ridiculously over-priced?
Yeah used to be themed to Aladdin years ago... Was near the old Cine 180 thing which is long gone now. Kinda opposite the Pirate Ship.

Prices are alright compared to other local attractions such as Yarmouth Pleasure Beach @ £18 for adults and £16 for under-12's

Haha Tim, troubled would be an understatement! It's a pretty cool ride system for such a small park to have, so it's a shame to see it wasted so badly!

Pleasurewood Hills 2013: 5 New Attractions

I remember the boat going into a cave and a lamp inside but little else. I bet that was nearly 20 years ago now.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Yeah it hasn't been Aladdin for a long, long time. Was actually quite a good wee ride back then - but it might just be my childhood clouding it. It's had a couple of loose themes since then, and the current one as 'Tales of the Coast' could be great and could feature some nice local stories and scenes.

Unfortunately it's crap.

The other ride that might receive some attention would be Fairytale Fantasy... but it remains to be seen what actually gets done to either/one/none/both...

I always remember Fairytale Fantasy being a really good little ride. Although I haven't been back to the park since touring Germany so I might not be so fond of it next time. Still I remember being genuinely surprised first time I rode it.

Aah yes, Aladdin. That's how long it's been since I visited :p Which is the other dark ride? Is that the one indoors? Near the log flume?

Scott said:
Yeah it hasn't been Aladdin for a long, long time. Was actually quite a good wee ride back then - but it might just be my childhood clouding it. It's had a couple of loose themes since then, and the current one as 'Tales of the Coast' could be great and could feature some nice local stories and scenes.

Unfortunately it's crap.

Heard quite a bit about Tales of the Coast, yet can't seem to find a POV anywhere of it. Does anyone know where a video of it can be found?

Dar said:
Aah yes, Aladdin. That's how long it's been since I visited :p Which is the other dark ride? Is that the one indoors? Near the log flume?
Mhm... At the end of Main Street.

Generic car follows track and goes past a bunch of fairytale scenes kinda ride. Could also do with updating or completely changing. Again though, it's a useful ride system for a small park to have.

Aladdins Cave was pretty ace. That dragon animatronic was epic, and always scared the crap out of me! The rest of the ride was a blurr for me, as I was always shaken up by that bloody dragon!

And if I'm right in thinking, at £18, Pleasurewood Hills is actually the cheapest theme park in the UK....

Dragon animatronic rings a faint bell. Sure you could buy meat and have your own BBQ at Pleasurewood back in the day?

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Yes, it was an excellent idea really. Our family always used that. I haven't been for about 25 years I would think, when it used to be part of Gunton Hall holiday park next door. If something big enough turns up this year I'd love to go back and see what it's like now.

Yeah, Smokey Joes was pretty ace. Could never get away with that nowadays (especially with Tesco's just outside the park :p)!

Whilst the park never actually had anthing groundbreaking, it was a cracking day out in the mid 90's.

Glad I'm not the only one old enough to remember that. It is my earliest theme park memory I think though. Was there a rollercoaster based on a rattle or grass snake there. I seem to remember a sort of indoor section, possibly on the lift.

Yeah! That was great when I could fit in the car! The lift is enclosed and the rest is open. The tunnel used to be dark and have UV snakes painted on the walls, but now they seem to have replaced that with a standard metal tunnel :(

I found a POV of fairytale fantasy and was instantly taken back by by the whine of the cars and the anti-roll backs!

Snake in the grass! Still there I believe. I used to be obsessed with the indoor wooden vertical slide, felt like a massive thing back then but it probably wasn't. I can't imagine they'de still have that there though, it was vertical and pretty dangerous I should think.