• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Plopsaland De Panne General Discussion

Unless they are going to have some amazing atmospheric night time lighting? :)

This just popped up on Facebook:

11035610_802788099795751_6991180018562238649_n.jpg

In 2016, the Belgian theme park #PlopsalandDePanne could built a new #WoodenCoaster. For now this new is just a rumor but from an employee of the park, it would be located behind the Castle of King Samson area as well as a part of the parking.

From Parks & Coasters Worldwide.

Interesting!

Ah yes, this is another park rumoured to be getting an RMC. I love it that smaller parks across Europe are investing in more wood!

Plopsa getting a RMC would be very weird...

Plus, isn't any new coaster meant to be spiting the Batflyers?

I'd be very surprised if Plopsaland got an RMC.

From what I remember, the Batflyers we're to close for this year.

What's that tower ride in the middle of the proposed area?

I can't see Plopsa getting an RMC, it just would not fit in with the park at all. Loopings reported previously that Plopsa were in negotiations with two manufacturers, GCI being the most likely. My bets would be on either a GCI or Gravity Group. Holiday Park are also rumoured to be getting a woodie as part of a double deal.

:)

I think the thing with RMC is that because we've only seen them built in American parks so far they've kind of gained this reputation that they're not suitable for smaller European parks, maybe they're seen as being out of our league or something? I think the coasters themselves are incredibly adaptable to smaller parks and would thrive in a park such as Plopsaland.

That and also alongside Alton Towers it's the park I've heard the most whispers about getting an RMC.

All that said I do feel a GCI would be a lot better suited to the park.

Good news from Loopings:
Loopings said:
Plopsaland get there in 2016 a new wooden roller coaster at. That's the theme park itself just confirmed by demonstrating on Facebook receipt of a building permit. Looopings could already announce the arrival of the woodie in December last year.

The planning application was sent last Tuesday. Manufacturer will not mention, but insiders report that Plopsa a contract concluded with the American firm Great Coasters International: also the builder of George and the Dragon in the Efteling and Troy Toverland.

The roller coaster at the amusement park is dressed like a Swiss mountain village from the Studio 100 animated series Heidi. Therby amusement lure mainly French visitors, said director Steve Van den Kerkhof there earlier. "It is unbelievable how the fires there. For us, France is still a growth market."

ontvangstwoodie290315.jpg

This will see me returning in 2016, it's so easy to get there!

Excellent. Here's a bit of info from PlopsaFans:
PlopsaFans said:
The rumor circulating for some time, but it was confirmed this evening: the wooden roller coaster Plopsaland opens next year, will be built by Great Coasters International. The company built worldwide for many wooden roller coasters.

That Plopsaland turn out next year with a wooden roller coaster in the theme of Heidi , was known for a while. Also, some dimensions have already been announced. We know tonight that since the latest showpiece of Plopsaland will be built by the American company Great Coasters International.

The rumors surrounding the builder this evening were confirmed on the Facebook page of the Plopsa Group. The group posted a photo of Plopsa CEO Steve Van den Kerkhof and Clair Hain Jr., CEO of Great Coasters International during the signing of the contract. The construction of the wooden roller coaster start after the summer.

Great Coasters International is already 20 years a renowned American roller coaster builder in Europe in recent years has already built wooden roller coasters in the Efteling and Magic Land (Netherlands) and Europa-Park (Germany). Even some American parks have a GCI coaster.

As the construction in just over a month off, it is expected that there will follow more info on the wooden roller coaster.

Very much looking forward to seeing the layout for this. If it turns out to be something similar to Wodan or Troy then wow. I think it will probably be on a slightly smaller scale though.

Looopings has given a new update on the Heidibahn.

250815plop1.jpg

Plopsaland get one next year at a cozy mountain village. A new wooden roller coaster is decorated with Swiss buildings and big mountains. Today, the park unveiled its first design.

Then also shows that the station of the roller coaster next to the existing water course Tree trunks will be located. The splash of the water attraction is to see again so dressed up. The decor is based on the Studio 100 animation series Heidi. The new rollercoaster of 23.3 meters is provided by the American manufacturer Great Coasters International, known for George and the Dragon in the Efteling and Troy Toverland. After the summer construction begins. Plopsaland is not exactly quiet.Meanwhile, also worked on a large princess castle, which should be finished next autumn. In addition, find behind the scenes preparations were made for the construction of a hotel.

250815plop2.jpg

250815plop3.jpg

Source

Reactions: Rob
Wow that concept is stunning! I do love what Plopsa do with theming, really looking forward to this.

So it appears that this is going to be a clone of White Lightning (Fun Spot, Orlando).

As great as that coaster is meant to be, I can't help but feel a little disappointed in Plopsa's lack of imagination. It's not like them to be like that really.

Wouldn't be surprised if such a layout was chosen due to a lack of space and noise concerns from the locals...

Still, a new coaster to this level will only improve the park...

Here is the layout plan:

thumb_11958261_1028730663806201_3879937393105787594_o.jpg

It is pretty much a clone of White Lightning, the only difference being the angle of of the L shape. I'm sure it will be a great ride for Plopsa though; White Lightning gets good reviews and this will obviously have far superior theming.

News once again from Wonder World Web today, the name, logo and opening date.

e34710ca97e1fe7a1363f90ce167c8ab.jpg

Heidi - The Ride will open to the public on the 1st July 2016.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... no, seriously, what is it called?