• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Plopsaland De Panne General Discussion

I'm going to be staying in a caravan just up from Dover for a week in July. We did this a few years ago in order to visit family nearby and have a holiday too, doing various things around the area. Last time we visited Dreamland Margate, but since they've removed a huge chunk of their rides, I'm not bothered about going back this year.

So, I'm thinking about suggesting we go to Plopsaland for a day, as I've heard that its doable from the South and the place we're hoping to stay at again is just 30 mins from the Eurotunnel terminal (and RTH looks awesome). However, my dad isn't comfortable with driving on the opposite side of the road, so is there another way to get to the park and back in a day? There's nothing about public transport on the website, which is odd given that a tram line runs past the park entrance.

Last edited:
I had a quick look on Google and from Calais it looks a pain to get to via public transport. Most options take you inland first to Lille. Even from Dunkirk, which is 13 miles away it’s not easy. I could probably do it easier if I took my pushbike over and cycled there.

The easiest way by far to get to Plopsaland De Panne from the UK is by car. It is such an easy drive along one dual carriageway. If you are going by Eurotunnel you really can't go wrong.

Thanks for clarifying guys. Unlikely we'll be doing it then, which is a shame as it would be a good day out and RTH looks ace.

Thanks for clarifying guys. Unlikely we'll be doing it then, which is a shame as it would be a good day out and RTH looks ace.
That's a real shame! I understand your dad's apprehension, it is different driving on the right. I am lucky enough to have been both a passenger and a driver in Europe since a fairly young age, and have gained confidence through that.

If your dad can be persuaded, here are a few tips: Exit the EuroTunnel with no music/radio on, and the whole car reciting "drive on the right, drive on the right" for five minutes, and really make use of the 'practice' roundabouts that are within the terminal. I found for me at least, it is surprisingly quick for the brain to reset to 'driving on the right' and giving way to the left.

Plopsaland is REALLY easy to get to and if I lived 'darn sarf' I'd genuinely consider a Plopsa pass!

As I mentioned in another post, Ride to Happiness is very likely to make it's way into my top ten coasters and it has really filled a hole in the park's lineup (which wasn't awful before!). High thrill yet family friendly, well themed, and unique. Take me back!!

That's a real shame! I understand your dad's apprehension, it is different driving on the right. I am lucky enough to have been both a passenger and a driver in Europe since a fairly young age, and have gained confidence through that.

If your dad can be persuaded, here are a few tips: Exit the EuroTunnel with no music/radio on, and the whole car reciting "drive on the right, drive on the right" for five minutes, and really make use of the 'practice' roundabouts that are within the terminal. I found for me at least, it is surprisingly quick for the brain to reset to 'driving on the right' and giving way to the left.

Plopsaland is REALLY easy to get to and if I lived 'darn sarf' I'd genuinely consider a Plopsa pass!

As I mentioned in another post, Ride to Happiness is very likely to make it's way into my top ten coasters and it has really filled a hole in the park's lineup (which wasn't awful before!). High thrill yet family friendly, well themed, and unique. Take me back!!
Thanks Sazzle. I've not suggested it because doesn't want to go anywhere too far from our accommodation anyway, plus not all of us have passports and thy wouldn't come in time. Hopefully I'll get to go one day. :)

Just booked a trip to Plopsaland for 16th July. Staying at the in laws who live near Dover on the Friday night. 8am Ferry on the Saturday and then 9pm back in the evening.

Ferry return was £69 between two of us and then it's only a 60km drive to De Panne from Calais. There's an interesting ticket feature on the park website where you 'bid' for a discount, which we got for £32 each.

So diesel aside (which work can pay for after a mileage fiddle) that's £67 each for the day trip - an absolute steal!

Have a look on the P&O site there seem to be some very good prices at the moment.

Just for a bit of balance, I visited Plopsaland a few years ago without driving and it’s not that difficult.

We got the Eurostar from London to Brussels, then got a Belgium Rail service from Brussels to the train station which is literally a few mins walk from the park. Very easy to do, especially as Plopsaland now has a hotel. You don’t need to drive, the Eurostar and following train travel around Belgium is exceptionally easy. From my experience, Belgium has one of the best, and most affordable, train networks in Europe.

Me and my partner have actually visited every major theme park in Belgium using the trains and they’ve all been very easy, so let me know if you need any more help planning this.

Currently on the train from De Panne to Brussels having spent a day at Plopsaland with @Sammy. For context, we both despise the place and begrudge having had to return after they announced RTH mere weeks after our previous visit 3 years ago.

RTH is something truly incredible. Such a fun, intense, euphoric ride experience which has shot up to my number 2 position (below Untamed, above Helix). The theming, whilst a bit build quality, is nice and the area music serene. It's really one of Mack's finest - the launch up to the top on the front, and getting whipped down the drop on the back, into some crazy elements while spinning (sometimes like something rotten) is superb. The loud on-board audio enhances the experience further!

It pains me that it is in that park as there is really nothing else there worth doing. Heidi I find does nothing, Anubis is just a bit crap and there's nothing else of note.

Glad to hear you both enjoyed RTH @Burbs and @Sammy!
It pains me that it is in that park as there is really nothing else there worth doing. Heidi I find does nothing, Anubis is just a bit crap and there's nothing else of note.
Funny you should say this, as I'll admit that from a spectator's perspective, I dare say that it appears to be a slightly weird fit for Plopsaland. I could be wrong here, but as outstanding as it looks, it does seem like a very extreme thrill ride for a park where everything else looks fairly tame, and it also seems to have quite a mature theme (an 18+ music festival doesn't scream family friendly to me).

I like Anubis. Statistically, it's not dissimilar to RTH.
Statistically yes, but they're really nothing alike.
Glad to hear you both enjoyed RTH @Burbs and @Sammy!

Funny you should say this, as I'll admit that from a spectator's perspective, I dare say that it appears to be a slightly weird fit for Plopsaland. I could be wrong here, but as outstanding as it looks, it does seem like a very extreme thrill ride for a park where everything else looks fairly tame, and it also seems to have quite a mature theme (an 18+ music festival doesn't scream family friendly to me).
Yes, it's odd. It's odd to visit on a busy Saturday in the middle of the school holidays and the queue never reach more than 30 mins (typically 5-20 all day).

Rode RTH a couple of days ago, having had my expectations set high (though still no clue of how it would ride) by a number of people's prior reports - particularly @Danny's from a few weeks back. I was slightly dubious as to the spinning element as, whilst I don't mind Maurer spinners, I do sometimes find spinning a little nauseous on certain rides - and the more intense nature of the Xtreme Spinners thought would perhaps heighten this feeling.

Not so. I was truly blown away by RTH, even given its enormous hype. My fears of it being nauseous were dissipated immediately, as the spinning sensation is well and truly bowled over by the sheer intensity of the thing. Having ridden Kondaa the day before, I thought I'd already experienced the strongest airtime I would on this trip, however RTH then went and produced some of the most brutal negative G I've ever felt on any coaster. Undoubtedly enhanced by the varying and random positions you take up throughout, the forces on this are absolutely monstrous - in an incredibly enjoyable way, and by its very nature you just want to ride again.

I found the front seat (facing either direction, of course) offered the most crazy rides, particularly on the exit of each element, and of course you benefit from the insanely slow inversion out of the station too. There are genuinely points of this coaster where you fear for your life in terms of coming out of the restraint, so I was also impressed by the comfort and efficiency of the Mack restraints - especially given this must be by far the most extreme coaster they've ever produced. Even if you don't change positions on the train however, you'll still find ride-on-ride that you have an entirely different experience, sometimes facing backwards into the first launch (incredible), sometimes facing towards the ocean at the crest of the banana roll (joyous), sometimes facing sideways throughout the final two bunny hops (mental). Every element is so wildly unpredictable that you really can't compare this ride to anything else.

The one odd part is just how it fits into Plopsa. It's a charming park theming-wise, but is very clearly only oriented towards younger children in the IP's on offer. For them to build this is truly extraordinary, even more so than the likes of Wildfire at Kolmården. I'm not complaining though, RTH is more than worth the entry fee alone - and being presumably one of the cloest parks to the UK on mainland Europe, I'd heartily recommend anyone to visit. A few pictures below:

8t3V2PA6GLobffy2VhpMJDnHsTRWsqV2kXHtAi-1KY3xdpxO6EwHQZNOnBwrTYHHhGyazeWzv8JYh0YaBKHP94YltGE3YOPIpxcYvZL5mOkHnkXNpUP4GQBGzr5OIp1bRFck9vN0IUCEm0HfowkkVercTkGQryBG8NmIrKD2WYB89Vey_hscCmorsEwlEzbGaMlwn-LbIOyiraTDD_D079ZZj2NCyZ5aJvLNOZAd3T3m4E_RFyVWzXH2Tr_QSykV9RIeHQTmiUniSodcPsnMrzKReeiT-HR3g5epP-50mRNvuSMJdYyc7OFw-rm-x6wcmcpnJCShma7jzEElU9BM3TR5LKeqtz3ctbHX6eHdBzhImKNx0mmkRSTL_5u0hGWF3xqulwJlbLFuElUmRZZpwMR-71T9kg99No-Bz2N64UXMc0HTsHMIkg-M8GNaQMwE4V9PKrJTZr30gNrCAScgnQCfJUzj97xpSqa_PnMclJ5vfx7ADaXsNS2-ez2Wfxh0FzwLI9Dyf6uiSeGqmZDo97_HR90U75d6FBbii6kQpLnHYO8DPky-8KNliYR5UzN6dcaBEJzpGQsKaqKd0WKQwOWKfp4yMXZn2tXW6ki2HnC5qL1S2Yvlc5dcPyQ1xplRBaCMqjnPdmlwfqNWPRsyNnqCBPn_WMBydNva_wPZB1sUJv2hFH9drUsIOoTY7qsrkIdsW3vKFOy6kmaO7w435XwmM-Qu9oj0dQbVx9KYj9x2wlF7MLWIf7KMVNI0MNOmtiNjvGKdJMGkR2B7NiGKveHOTLbHdQVNvgYi8Px6Ne654X13S3-ulb_AR_MZqmsgJxDed4cV=w1315-h990-no

kKKyXlQiDKeqi_KHZqcRFYTLV_qz8BbdCAsBUhMIJjTEPUQgznwKm5MRNkftHlwJFtbIHSsC3aVcW-Kfeh42wLDD66d2B93knP9EFVLSvpQHzCaE5eeqPfXHkv7wSxEDa2goMyNqNybFwmDV_KCbkIqNvWvwrPmL0HiHOmr-n0JvaVk5_RdTXL-JFROXfbaY8KJTtyAUM53l5gO68Iy5X6FgJGrDf2S8gnnHe2vR9ZnpkJHjpjIlZsWk2jCDP1EWriVcQUif8BkAY1K4EcZlBwH0kLzL-frAq-23PPo4PjJ6LLtZL5NuV0x2gsUXlrH-je-1LtgkSFW_piBeuBox5sFGZtyW14UlWhGIcVGTXhsbcoXcQ3qnmcHdwktOOwkaDySnjfWcEDe4z_0pLJUV22byX8ilFWPMLHBjBz88JJcsaKjdn2bNqAwXms_HhZoEOwqRHngUtHfU6Tf1hW4ozWsVo113PcQFDmy5vzkObcZVUMvE7iklOE8ERN_lgtMn74R6PeJ3Hh081KBq5E28csgeFRvOo3Zutghj0kLJUCkkygHX0U414fsvnyA5Oq53xk5iZBH_Ak3Hxea6HKfLIenlFiFQhOLxJhdmNjY6Eg0hQiGorBnbgTi-3v03hS8dzdCoieHVN-LRFEu3HLGmYw9rn49UroyUcT6gWWi4rd_YI8SY1Waps24Q8fUYq-T_wACyvuws5N_kflYozPvjDzB6Ls8dgK0KVgVR28p1-hxHdvr_OrIu-d0UFmmgTfCvHICsKpK604ceWu4V7TLjTXAWI1-Tcbdv07U2i496mPJxGzdvH2wjjjrepn7-0GgY0lGjSbRa=w747-h990-no

3LrOBHg2VIhF4h0_Sktr4eK0VD9TKjiPqGK1yMb8bXeL_VajJY67Wws8xpESsJcYMuYdoZfe3KNf3yCX6zLUBHi8d6kXOGa4UDUin2c1vSdmJ1tJw2PLPEwhtJWnuFQtjlIPeel_oNgZHvAXD7N4qa9xQPlkdQ-DF-ZXIc3KCs5Fd2kooDz8EHBp9i5v77au6PkbeAD1eu-jIZM8akevZjrGWQT-sQTd_KHKXtMxxyyyewCECC-sybfr6qY0fEMNf-_1xpHU0vTYRYpG87NZsZW8q3w8nO0Ogh-00La9viM2UlxXBIQ_iuXFjn9mGGwxNa4Ciw3xpQwCE6I1XjSkcYnZszW2Abj5QHTbNjhw7DkGV9NeTg4j6TBYhBTO9i7Bp00AX_B4nRCB-0IwireEQHGw16DFvV1wyS36JezPyihCkKdKFYCHOfUUZGZnUQp15b77qIcNFIU-lpqoJFKHnwfliXZesHBucLSYNkm_xP1b1-hMG4aoh_DVge2MWR3p_k99NfaCHnp7iqXe1eArycQWmeDzixl7Vs6UgO5ISvMdmqJ1Z_7u4N6jpQZDcaZ_-beaH2TTuAVPycYhz2UclUph30SS6SZSVEExFPB-ULxj7yHf9u5dWpqNWWPDymCEqF49GI4tjmfjrT5EyC699M5DyRANlzWyIb7PZydGhMjymhpuLqmG0Tdci5rQ4f8NOebB2FVTUOj8rKYGOekuwb9o1iPa-zW3oB0Ke73__tKwYlP6yh_S1YirKs0JyH9nrpHaza7kClu8wcBywJT_lPnBNeuf42ZHQg0gtlcP2GMBrMyzVnRO_aYes44JHNtMoXlPiZiQ=w1315-h990-no

I can only agree with what was said above. The ride is a truly joyous experience!

Was weird visiting the park last week for the first time and walking past the entrance to RtH in an attempt to get all the other coasters done first. Worked well as you start with Heidi, then all the smaller coasters before ending that run with Anubis.

It's a charming park as well.

I rode it yesterday for the first time. Got 8 rides in during the day. Just couldn’t agree more with what’s been said. Even a weaker ride is great. Out of the 8 rides, I got 3 that were absolutely bonkers. As was said above, u honestly fear for your life. The ejector airtime is immense. Plus on the slow roll out the station u feel yourself slipping out your seat and then the restraint catches u at the last minute. Never rode anything like it and it’s my new number 1 by a long way.

Rode RTH a couple of days ago, having had my expectations set high (though still no clue of how it would ride) by a number of people's prior reports - particularly @Danny's from a few weeks back. I was slightly dubious as to the spinning element as, whilst I don't mind Maurer spinners, I do sometimes find spinning a little nauseous on certain rides - and the more intense nature of the Xtreme Spinners thought would perhaps heighten this feeling.

Not so. I was truly blown away by RTH, even given its enormous hype. My fears of it being nauseous were dissipated immediately, as the spinning sensation is well and truly bowled over by the sheer intensity of the thing. Having ridden Kondaa the day before, I thought I'd already experienced the strongest airtime I would on this trip, however RTH then went and produced some of the most brutal negative G I've ever felt on any coaster. Undoubtedly enhanced by the varying and random positions you take up throughout, the forces on this are absolutely monstrous - in an incredibly enjoyable way, and by its very nature you just want to ride again.

I found the front seat (facing either direction, of course) offered the most crazy rides, particularly on the exit of each element, and of course you benefit from the insanely slow inversion out of the station too. There are genuinely points of this coaster where you fear for your life in terms of coming out of the restraint, so I was also impressed by the comfort and efficiency of the Mack restraints - especially given this must be by far the most extreme coaster they've ever produced. Even if you don't change positions on the train however, you'll still find ride-on-ride that you have an entirely different experience, sometimes facing backwards into the first launch (incredible), sometimes facing towards the ocean at the crest of the banana roll (joyous), sometimes facing sideways throughout the final two bunny hops (mental). Every element is so wildly unpredictable that you really can't compare this ride to anything else.

The one odd part is just how it fits into Plopsa. It's a charming park theming-wise, but is very clearly only oriented towards younger children in the IP's on offer. For them to build this is truly extraordinary, even more so than the likes of Wildfire at Kolmården. I'm not complaining though, RTH is more than worth the entry fee alone - and being presumably one of the cloest parks to the UK on mainland Europe, I'd heartily recommend anyone to visit. A few pictures below:

8t3V2PA6GLobffy2VhpMJDnHsTRWsqV2kXHtAi-1KY3xdpxO6EwHQZNOnBwrTYHHhGyazeWzv8JYh0YaBKHP94YltGE3YOPIpxcYvZL5mOkHnkXNpUP4GQBGzr5OIp1bRFck9vN0IUCEm0HfowkkVercTkGQryBG8NmIrKD2WYB89Vey_hscCmorsEwlEzbGaMlwn-LbIOyiraTDD_D079ZZj2NCyZ5aJvLNOZAd3T3m4E_RFyVWzXH2Tr_QSykV9RIeHQTmiUniSodcPsnMrzKReeiT-HR3g5epP-50mRNvuSMJdYyc7OFw-rm-x6wcmcpnJCShma7jzEElU9BM3TR5LKeqtz3ctbHX6eHdBzhImKNx0mmkRSTL_5u0hGWF3xqulwJlbLFuElUmRZZpwMR-71T9kg99No-Bz2N64UXMc0HTsHMIkg-M8GNaQMwE4V9PKrJTZr30gNrCAScgnQCfJUzj97xpSqa_PnMclJ5vfx7ADaXsNS2-ez2Wfxh0FzwLI9Dyf6uiSeGqmZDo97_HR90U75d6FBbii6kQpLnHYO8DPky-8KNliYR5UzN6dcaBEJzpGQsKaqKd0WKQwOWKfp4yMXZn2tXW6ki2HnC5qL1S2Yvlc5dcPyQ1xplRBaCMqjnPdmlwfqNWPRsyNnqCBPn_WMBydNva_wPZB1sUJv2hFH9drUsIOoTY7qsrkIdsW3vKFOy6kmaO7w435XwmM-Qu9oj0dQbVx9KYj9x2wlF7MLWIf7KMVNI0MNOmtiNjvGKdJMGkR2B7NiGKveHOTLbHdQVNvgYi8Px6Ne654X13S3-ulb_AR_MZqmsgJxDed4cV=w1315-h990-no

kKKyXlQiDKeqi_KHZqcRFYTLV_qz8BbdCAsBUhMIJjTEPUQgznwKm5MRNkftHlwJFtbIHSsC3aVcW-Kfeh42wLDD66d2B93knP9EFVLSvpQHzCaE5eeqPfXHkv7wSxEDa2goMyNqNybFwmDV_KCbkIqNvWvwrPmL0HiHOmr-n0JvaVk5_RdTXL-JFROXfbaY8KJTtyAUM53l5gO68Iy5X6FgJGrDf2S8gnnHe2vR9ZnpkJHjpjIlZsWk2jCDP1EWriVcQUif8BkAY1K4EcZlBwH0kLzL-frAq-23PPo4PjJ6LLtZL5NuV0x2gsUXlrH-je-1LtgkSFW_piBeuBox5sFGZtyW14UlWhGIcVGTXhsbcoXcQ3qnmcHdwktOOwkaDySnjfWcEDe4z_0pLJUV22byX8ilFWPMLHBjBz88JJcsaKjdn2bNqAwXms_HhZoEOwqRHngUtHfU6Tf1hW4ozWsVo113PcQFDmy5vzkObcZVUMvE7iklOE8ERN_lgtMn74R6PeJ3Hh081KBq5E28csgeFRvOo3Zutghj0kLJUCkkygHX0U414fsvnyA5Oq53xk5iZBH_Ak3Hxea6HKfLIenlFiFQhOLxJhdmNjY6Eg0hQiGorBnbgTi-3v03hS8dzdCoieHVN-LRFEu3HLGmYw9rn49UroyUcT6gWWi4rd_YI8SY1Waps24Q8fUYq-T_wACyvuws5N_kflYozPvjDzB6Ls8dgK0KVgVR28p1-hxHdvr_OrIu-d0UFmmgTfCvHICsKpK604ceWu4V7TLjTXAWI1-Tcbdv07U2i496mPJxGzdvH2wjjjrepn7-0GgY0lGjSbRa=w747-h990-no

3LrOBHg2VIhF4h0_Sktr4eK0VD9TKjiPqGK1yMb8bXeL_VajJY67Wws8xpESsJcYMuYdoZfe3KNf3yCX6zLUBHi8d6kXOGa4UDUin2c1vSdmJ1tJw2PLPEwhtJWnuFQtjlIPeel_oNgZHvAXD7N4qa9xQPlkdQ-DF-ZXIc3KCs5Fd2kooDz8EHBp9i5v77au6PkbeAD1eu-jIZM8akevZjrGWQT-sQTd_KHKXtMxxyyyewCECC-sybfr6qY0fEMNf-_1xpHU0vTYRYpG87NZsZW8q3w8nO0Ogh-00La9viM2UlxXBIQ_iuXFjn9mGGwxNa4Ciw3xpQwCE6I1XjSkcYnZszW2Abj5QHTbNjhw7DkGV9NeTg4j6TBYhBTO9i7Bp00AX_B4nRCB-0IwireEQHGw16DFvV1wyS36JezPyihCkKdKFYCHOfUUZGZnUQp15b77qIcNFIU-lpqoJFKHnwfliXZesHBucLSYNkm_xP1b1-hMG4aoh_DVge2MWR3p_k99NfaCHnp7iqXe1eArycQWmeDzixl7Vs6UgO5ISvMdmqJ1Z_7u4N6jpQZDcaZ_-beaH2TTuAVPycYhz2UclUph30SS6SZSVEExFPB-ULxj7yHf9u5dWpqNWWPDymCEqF49GI4tjmfjrT5EyC699M5DyRANlzWyIb7PZydGhMjymhpuLqmG0Tdci5rQ4f8NOebB2FVTUOj8rKYGOekuwb9o1iPa-zW3oB0Ke73__tKwYlP6yh_S1YirKs0JyH9nrpHaza7kClu8wcBywJT_lPnBNeuf42ZHQg0gtlcP2GMBrMyzVnRO_aYes44JHNtMoXlPiZiQ=w1315-h990-no
It's easily my number 1 (only done Europe an still to do Zardra in November) - it just makes you feel like WTH every time you get to the brake run! It is such a weird addition to a cute family park as the only other decent rides are rapids (2nd best) and Anubis (great launch but restraints hurt me) - Heidi borders on meh for me short and not much force. We stayed 1 night in the hotel (recommended) and filled 2 days so there is enough to do with the family coasters etc

Rode RTH last month and it definitely delivered.

It's really intense, possibly the most intense coaster I've ever done. The launches are great, airtime plentiful and its action packed from start to finish. Difficult to reride though as its an all out assault on the senses.

Definitely an unpopular opinion but I do prefer Time Traveller due to the brilliant first drop.