• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Plopsaland De Panne General Discussion

Rode RTH last month and it definitely delivered.

It's really intense, possibly the most intense coaster I've ever done. The launches are great, airtime plentiful and its action packed from start to finish. Difficult to reride though as its an all out assault on the senses.

Definitely an unpopular opinion but I do prefer Time Traveller due to the brilliant first drop.
Yeah we could only ride it back to back 2 times and then had to give it a break - I wonder if with this ride the park has ambitions to add more, there is definitely the room to add more thrill rides - that would be great as it's not that difficult to get to

The flurry of posts commending RTH have made me unusually but incredibly thirsty to try this thing out.

As such, I have been looking at a winter visit. Somebody up-thread said the park's Halloween event is rather half-arsed, which is surprising, as they clearly go all out for their Christmas celebrations. :oops:

sinterklaas_eventpage_2500x1081.jpeg

To be fair, they've dialled down the tradition to the "he's got soot on his face" narrative of 'Black Pete' since this promotional shot. It was a different time! (2018)

plopsalandfear.jpeg

Never mind the blackface or the implication of dodgy religious links, just try and explain to people/your partner/anyone outside this forum that you're planning a weekend away in November to visit somewhere called 'Plopsaland'.

This thing had better spin, and spin good!
Bollox - I got weeks out of my 7 year old fun about a park called Plopsa with a ride themed to plop

The flurry of posts commending RTH have made me unusually but incredibly thirsty to try this thing out.

As such, I have been looking at a winter visit. Somebody up-thread said the park's Halloween event is rather half-arsed, which is surprising, as they clearly go all out for their Christmas celebrations. :oops:

sinterklaas_eventpage_2500x1081.jpeg

To be fair, they've dialled down the tradition to the "he's got soot on his face" narrative of 'Black Pete' since this promotional shot. It was a different time! (2018)

plopsalandfear.jpeg

I heard the info RE: Halloween from a Belgian friend who lives very close to the park. They don't upcharge for their mazes and obviously the general visitorship is mostly on the younger side, so he seemed to feel as if they offer the event more out of courtesy and to mildly compete with other park's offerings (Walibi, etc) - more than out of any attempt to make it top class.

Bollox - I got weeks out of my 7 year old fun about a park called Plopsa with a ride themed to plop

Always thought it’s such a pity that Hundeprutterutchebane, the notorious “dog fart” coaster is in Bon-Bon Land in Denmark and not at good old Plopsaland.

0606fbbf5e633a78e433ad21daddb80d.jpg

890e40037691d61d54b5696c27c752b5.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundeprutterutchebane

Just a question for you guys about ticket prices for Plopsaland. I’m looking to go here on the 27th October (10am-6pm opening time) and I’m trying to find if there are any discounts available.

Firstly, on their booking website they have a thing called “Name you own price” where you can enter how much of a discount you want on your ticket. I’m getting a best price of €37. Is that a good price or is there anyway to get better than that? Ie any discount codes available?

Secondly, I’ve see on Groupon.De they have tickets for €26.10 which seems really good. Does anyone have any experience of buying one from here and using it?

https://www.groupon.de/deals/plopsaland-de-panne-13

Secondly, I’ve see on Groupon.De they have tickets for €26.10 which seems really good. Does anyone have any experience of buying one from here and using it?

https://www.groupon.de/deals/plopsaland-de-panne-13
Fully recommend this! Myself and @Sammy used this offer in August and worked a treat. You’ll get a barcode/QR code when you buy it which you just scan at the entrance. Had a long look at the Ts&Cs to see if there were any blockout dates - couldn’t see anything about it and managed to get in on a busy Saturday in the middle of summer. :)

Awesome thanks. My number 1

It’s currently my number 1 as well, it’s a phenomenal coaster! I got to ride it last week and I wasn’t quite sure whether it would go in ahead of Helix as it had a little bit of a rattle, but wow, it’s a stunning ride. The front car is the place to be as it takes that roll out of the station ridiculously slowly with insane hangtime and then the launch and top hat genuinely make you feel as if you could be ejected from your seat. What a ride!

It’s currently my number 1 as well, it’s a phenomenal coaster! I got to ride it last week and I wasn’t quite sure whether it would go in ahead of Helix as it had a little bit of a rattle, but wow, it’s a stunning ride. The front car is the place to be as it takes that roll out of the station ridiculously slowly with insane hangtime and then the launch and top hat genuinely make you feel as if you could be ejected from your seat. What a ride!

The roll out the station gets me every time as you start to slip out your seat and then the restraint just catches you at the top of your thighs if u know what I mean?

Then a great launch, insane ejector airtime and doing front flips instead of backwards like normal.

I would say when u get a weaker ride it’s 7/10, but when u get a strong ride it’s indescribable 10/10 insanity! Love it to bits.

Question- Do you class Polpsaland’s SuperSplash as a coaster?

There are four SuperSplash rides which RCDB lists as coasters, including Atlantica, but Plopsa’s is not listed.

It seems that, according to RCDB, the vertical lift and absence of a backwards drop is what prevents it from being a coaster (all 4 listed have Atlantica’s layout), but what about the coaster track at the bottom, including the airtime hill?

I can’t get my head around how RCDB have come to their conclusion.

It's an odd one, made stranger by the fact that at one time it WAS on the database. At some stage they clearly decided SuperSplash isn't a coaster, and yet the other ones are just because of the dip before the main drop? The one at SeaWorld doesn't have the pre-splashdown airtime hill as found on EP's but apparently that's not an issue and it still counts? All very confusing. I think the removal of Plopsaland's SuperSplash from RCDB happened at the same time as BPB's Vikingar/Water Chute was de-listed, but before they briefly added Ghost Train to the database. There are now a lot of photos of both rides on the BPB main page that they presumably thought were still worthy of keeping.

Of the above rides, I've only ever counted BPB's Vikingar as a coaster. I still maintain it was a side-friction wooden coaster that just happened to have a water splash. As for SuperSplash I can see both sides of the argument - it barely does anything coaster-like aside from the hill before the splash, yet it's the same ride type as the arguably more coaster-y rides at EP, Tusenfryd and others so why not count them all?

Extract from the Mack SuperSplash page on RCDB where they try to justify their logic:

1667326277215.png

They didn't/don't include Pilgrims Plunge at Holiday World either.

I count Vikingar and the Water Chute from Rhyl as well.

Didn't Ghost Train briefly get added because there's a similar ghost train in America that was on RCDB. Then they changed their mind and removed both.

Droomvlucht at Efteling is equally puzzling to me, especially when something like Arthur which is a modern style of ride is included.

Yep BPB’s Ghost Train was in there for about 5 minutes during the first 2020 lockdown. I was amazed it was ever included.

Having been on both the SuperSplash “non-coasters” that @John listed, I’m really in two minds as to whether I should count them or not.

It’s worth noting that I also class Fuga Da Atlantide at Gardaland as a coaster, I’d always just assumed it was (as it has literal coaster track) but it’s only in researching RCDB for this thread this evening that I’ve seen it doesn’t have an entry on Gardaland’s RCDB page. I mean, Fuga Da Atlantide is clearly a coaster, surely? Ghost Train at BPB, I would say is not.

Didn't get my trip in this year, but did see that Pleasure Beach Experience visited last week and they commented on it being very quiet with Ride To Happiness being walk-on. I like the idea of a smash & grab visit via the Eurotunnel when I'm down South sometime next year.

Last edited: