• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Plusize help and busy days?

Heya all,
I'm new to the forums but I really need your help. I have the possibility to visit Alton on the 4th of July and me being a dutchy + never been to Alton. This makes me feel really exciting. However, I'm quite plus-size. I have already lost a lot of weight but I'm scared that I cannot fit into any of the rides. I saw that a few weight restrictions rule thingy's on the Alton site, but your UK metric system is quite confusing for a Dutchy like myself. I'm a pants size 24 and a shirt size 26. Is there anyone who is roughly the same size and can tell me more about this and if there is any ride I'm able to fit onto.... Would be a waste to hype myself up and buy tickets and then not be able to enjoy any of it. I know that there are test seats.

Also is the 4th of July normally very busy or is it a calmer day, since it is on a Monday?

Thank you all for reading my rambling lol and for the help! Any general tips an Alton Newbie should know are very welcome as well :)

Welcome to the forum!, I'm not plus sized myself however I know rides like nemesis have seats that can accommodate larger sizes, I believe it has two longer seatbelts instead of one, and I think oblivion has one too, I presume you just ask the staff and they will be able to assist. Somebody else will be able to help you more I am sure.

Welcome to Towers St :)

Not sure if you have seen this table from the FAQs on the website but it gives you the max chest sizes in imperial measurements. Hopefully this helps you.

6FBE92D9-1A48-47BA-A558-16919784A079.png

Oblivion, Galactica and Rita have test seats at the queue entrance for you to check before entering the queue line.

In terms of 4th July, this is a weekday in term time, however during this period the park is often busy with end of year school trips, so it certainly won’t be super quiet. It is currently advertised as a 4pm ride close but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was extended closer to the time when the park has a better idea of how many people are booked in.

To beat the school trip crowds aim to arrive early (you can access the park from around 9am to be ready for the rides opening at 10am) and stay until the end. School trips tend to arrive later and leave around 3.30pm so you can often gets lots done at the beginning and end of the day.

Oblivion, Galactica and Rita have test seats at the queue entrance for you to check before entering the queue line.
I’d like to add that oblivion’s restraint is the same as nemesis so if you can fit in the oblivion test seat you will be just fine of nemesis.

I’d like to add that oblivion’s restraint is the same as nemesis so if you can fit in the oblivion test seat you will be just fine of nemesis.
Also, if you fit in Oblivion's test test seat you should be fine for Smiler. As Smiler doesn't have one, guests are directed to Oblivion's. 🙂

Also, if you fit in Oblivion's test test seat you should be fine for Smiler. As Smiler doesn't have one, guests are directed to Oblivion's. 🙂
Because absolutely nothing has ever gone wrong with a plus size in a Gurst seat!! 😶

As a plus size male I imagine our lumpy bits will be in different places, but most restraints have the stomach/thighs as the limiting factor. Most rides at AT are quite forgiving. While I couldn't tell you my actual measurements I've certainly riden everything at Towers carrying in excess of 18 stone on a 6'1" frame.