PortAventura: General Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by DynamiteDaly, 15th Jun 2012.

1. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

I definitely agree, I remember when I visited the park a few years back it was very easy to just miss the splash battle, as it’s very much shoved on its own. I assume the plan is always for that area to expand as some paths pretty much just end and feel like they can expand.

Ferrari land does need more rides, however it would be good to see both that and the main park get some new rides. I also feel the water pale could do with a few more new attractions.

2. siralgenon

siralgenon TowersStreet Member

NEW: Taquería La Catrina
    A new counter service location 'Taquería La Catrina' has recently opened in Mexico (adjacent to Hacienda El Charro) replacing La Guava (a fast food kiosk) which has been unused / closed for many years. The new food location serves a range of tacos, wraps, nachos, salads, and fruit platters in fully recyclable packaging. The mini area has been refreshed with a new colour scheme, tables and chairs and decorations. During unprecedented times it's nice to see new offerings in the parks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rojo, D4n and Matt N like this.
  3. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    That actually looks good!

You know, one thing the park could do with is a good cocktail bar. There is a place near Baco's exit, but last time they said it was only for wine.

:)

D4n likes this.
  4. TPJames

TPJames TowersStreet Member

Recyclable packaging, that's great!

GeorgeT and D4n like this.
  5. siralgenon

It could do with one actually, a tiki bar in Polynesia would go down very well. There are a few bars in PortAventura Park but none do cocktails, just other spirits strangely.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not :tearsofjoy: but PA are on a big environmental campaign at the moment with the likes of 0 emissions hotels etc, and last year they began on the removal of all none recyclable packaging from the Parks including ditching drinks lids etc. I think it's a good move on them.

D4n and AstroDan like this.
  6. TPJames

TPJames TowersStreet Member

Nope wasn’t sarcasm. I was genuinely impressed. Great to see them working towards protecting the environment.

GeorgeT likes this.
  7. GeorgeT

GeorgeT TowersStreet Member

BIG like for the environment protection effort... :)

8. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Agreed. Big respect on that. It's absolutely something that a lot of parks need to put more emphasis on; recyclable packaging is a big step forward in that respect.

The lack of even having sufficient recycling bins at Alton Towers, Europa Park and others has always irked me.

Last edited: 20th Aug 2020
  9. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Recyclable is fine but doesn't mean much on its own ... As long as it's collected in a way that allows it to be recycled and it is indeed recycled, fair play to them.

Recycled is better, or reusable the optimum.

D4n likes this.
  10. siralgenon

Across the parks you'll find two bins next to each other now with one for general and one for recycling. At food locations you'll find three (a bit like McDonald's). In terms of helping the environment the link is a few pages back but they're currently installing a large solar panel set up which will provide a third of the resort's electricity.

11. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

We got exactly the same response at this bar. They actively advertise cocktails, only for them to appear either confused or incredulous when you try to order one! A shame, because it’s an otherwise nice location for a drink, even if some of food is a bit ropey.

A tiki bar is a great idea. There are so many spots with great vista in Polynesia it almost feels like a no-brainer.

I wasn’t aware there were too many bars that did much else but beer in PA though. Whereabouts serves spirits?

12. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Food a bit ropey at PA!? Never!! :p

A tiki bar in Polynesia is indeed a very good idea though, it would fit the theme perfectly and be a lovely cool place to relax on a hot day.

AstroDan likes this.
  13. siralgenon

Raco de Mar, The Long Branch Saloon and The Iron Horse have full bar menus.

venny likes this.
  14. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

Cheers. More restaurants than bars then. Can you go in Iron Horse or Raco just for a drink?

15. siralgenon

Yeah you can go in the bar areas just for drinks. It's not really advertised to do so but you can.

venny likes this.
  16. siralgenon

'Prohibido Fumar!'
    The PortAventura Parks are now Smoke Free! Except for designated areas. Previously guests could smoke anywhere except for in SesamoAventura and indoor buildings and queue lines. Another big leap forward, if anyone actually follows the rules is a different matter entirely.

Sam and Pleasure Beach Valhalla like this.
  17. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Pleasure Beach Valhalla TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    That's always a good thing to hear in my opinion (no offense to anyone who smokes)!

18. shawnoc

shawnoc TowersStreet Member

Sunny Brighton, When it wants to be!!!!!!
    I’m a smoker and I am a fan of designated smoking areas, good work PA

19. Error

Error TowersStreet Member

Sorry mate but you must be the only one.
    I tend to find queue lines being designated areas with a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Smoking is more popular in Spain than in the UK so it'll be interesting to see if this is actually enforced. On my last visit there was a group of young women smoking in the Stampida indoor queueline (which didn't seem too clever to me), and I'm pretty sure that is already a no smoking area.