• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Does anyone know how big Wuze Town is? I'm assuming with 2 coasters it is far bigger than this.

WRT the up to wording, I imagine Towers are pushing the boat out to see if they need to edit the height down to clear planning.

Opening? I really hope it isn't 2024. They need to take their time and not do a Smiler

Hard to say with Jumanji at Garda as it's sort of somewhat underground. Being generous it is only about 1200m2.

Google earth app is good for measuring buildings.

Height of the building could indicate an indoor water ride maybe?
Perhaps so. Or possibly an indoor coaster? Or perhaps a very tall dark ride that spans multiple floors (akin to something like Transformers at Universal)?

My bet is an indoor coaster, but it could be a lot of things, to tell you the truth!

Perhaps so. Or possibly an indoor coaster? Or perhaps a very tall dark ride that spans multiple floors (akin to something like Transformers at Universal)?

My bet is an indoor coaster, but it could be a lot of things, to tell you the truth!

Coaster is the most likely I’d say, I was just throwing a different idea out there based on the large number of coasters and small number of water rides.

Can’t see it being anything Spider-Man/Transformers esque based on the budget of those two rides but I could be wrong.

I know everyone fixated on what the ride could be. What I find more interesting is confirmation of the land that is included in this development, my interpretation is that it implies this will be an entirely new area, and the dark ride/building is only a part of this project.

Someone mentioned that ‘SW9’ could be the dark ride/building and ‘Project Horizon’ could be the code name for a bigger project (a whole new area). The map showing the land to be used supports this.

I know this is all exciting stuff but this is clearly a project in early days at the moment, a lot could change between now and when an application is submitted. Or they may abandon the project completely and do something else! Time will tell.

Whatever it is, I'm wondering if for this ride/area that they might resurrect a proposed theme/ride concept from either the Tussauds or early Merlin days that was cancelled due to various reasons?

Given how many parks, especially Disney, have often brought back old ideas from something like 20 years to finally find the light of day. Given how rumours that a returning HH might be seeing new elements that JW wanted on the original ride but never did due to technology not being there, who's to this area might see something similar happen here?

I doubt there's a lot of completely dead ideas with nothing worth taking (like SW1 and 2) and I imagine they get looked through and ideas taken for other big projects.

I doubt there's a lot of completely dead ideas with nothing worth taking (like SW1 and 2) and I imagine they get looked through and ideas taken for other big projects.
I mean mostly regarding to scrapped theming jobs that could be brought in. For example there is the original planned Air themed job that was scrapped due to budget concerns and likely would have been brought back had Towers decided to go with VR. There is ofc the Port Discovery concept that let's not forget was literally a hair's breath away from happening, as was the expanded Spinball and Charlie themed jobs that were both scrapped due to budget cuts, HH scenes as mentioned, the robot arm concept for Dark Forrest, Oblivion having a extra viewing see through window through the cafe looking down into the hole as trains go flying past and I can't forgot the damn Cross Valley Coaster and all of those are just the ones we know about...how many more abandoned concepts that Towers have hidden away in the archives that we haven't seen yet?

Off a tangent but looking at some of the beautiful concept art for HH and other rides back in the day, I'd honestly love for Merlin to take out those pieces of artwork over the years and put them on display for the public at various exhibitions, would be an interesting thing to see IMO.

Not to say we'd see all these concepts come to life in their original form but could be brought to life in a different way for a different ride.

Haven’t Universal patented the technology which is said to be involved in the DK coaster? If so, I think it’s unlikely that Towers would be using it this soon.

I’d love for this to be a family ride. A couple of thoughts in that regard: -

- a water ride feels unlikely. If it’s a thrilling water ride, it doesn’t feel like an appropriate indoor addition - the spectator element of water rides is a big part of their attraction. Putting it in a building doesn’t align with this (yes, I know Valhalla etc).

- a water transit ride would also seem odd given it’s right next to a boat ride in the Dungeons.

- the building height is pretty big, in fact very big. To utilise that sort of height, I think a coaster feels most likely or otherwise a flying theatre. Why else would you build so high?

Completely random bit of speculation (joys of this development being in the early stages!), but what if part of the building was reserved for temporary attractions such as mazes at Scarefest? If the main attraction is built with this in mind, and the empty space is well equiped, it could free up space in the Towers so people can freely explore them more often. Whether this is a level below the main ride (which could work with the height), or a corner of the building partioned off for a maze - either could work. Potentially having a dedicated space for mazes could mean that effects, layouts etc. can be much more elaborate, rather than having to weave it through a listed building.

Completely random bit of speculation (joys of this development being in the early stages!), but what if part of the building was reserved for temporary attractions such as mazes at Scarefest? If the main attraction is built with this in mind, and the empty space is well equiped, it could free up space in the Towers so people can freely explore them more often. Whether this is a level below the main ride (which could work with the height), or a corner of the building partioned off for a maze - either could work. Potentially having a dedicated space for mazes could mean that effects, layouts etc. can be much more elaborate, rather than having to weave it through a listed building.
Could be, although I'd be surprised if they moved scare mazes away from the Towers given the recent planning application to keep them there permanently.

It's definitely going to be an Axis Coaster in my opinion. JW hinted at something industry changing so it's definitely not going to be a generic indoor coaster.

I am sure there are plenty of other concepts by manufactures, some known and some unknown. For that reason alone I would not hinge on an axis coaster.

While a unique design, it is not industry changing by any stretch of the word, either.

I would not hinge on an axis coaster.

seth meyers good job GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers