• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

They'll have been working with planning officers regardless, but submitting the full planning application before the public consultation (and it was received on the 16th) would render the consultation pointless. More of an exhibition rather than a consultation.

The submission date is 16th September, so this was ready for publication before the consultation was cancelled. It's likely been listed as invalid because the consultation has been put back. It still has to be listed as being received and logged on the system though, so an updated application will likely appear within the next week or so.

As @NickB has rightly mentioned, the consultation is an event to raise awareness of the application and to allow consultees to have a proper view of the plans. Most importantly, it allows questions to be asked informally, with the aim being to reduce the number of objections made.

I wouldn't worry about that, it's probably yet to be validated by the authority. They haven't even said what type of application it is.

The consultation end date was also in the past.

Keep in mind a consultation isn't about getting permission to ask for planning. It's about educating what the planning request is so that people can make an informed choice around supporting or not supporting it etc.
That's a good point actually and something I had not considered. I guess most consultations I have seen in the past have been pre-application consultations, and the results of these have helped to inform the planning application in some way.

The submission date is 16th September, so this was ready for publication before the consultation was cancelled. It's likely been listed as invalid because the consultation has been put back. It still has to be listed as being received and logged on the system though, so an updated application will likely appear within the next week or so.

As @NickB has rightly mentioned, the consultation is an event to raise awareness of the application and to allow consultees to have a proper view of the plans. Most importantly, it allows questions to be asked informally, with the aim being to reduce the number of objections made.
This was my thinking also when having a look at the application.

Feel like I might’ve seen somewhere that 26th September is the new consultation date but not sure if I’ve imagined that 😂

Well I guess this suggests that it isn't some sort of indoor coaster as it's too small and doesn't carry the SW project name, "Project Horizon" does lend itself to something like a flying theatre maybe?

Also I wonder whether Flag Tower will be visible from the new area of the park and would the theme of the area lend Flag Tower to be a fitting backdrop?

I don't think anything can actually be taken from that. It could still easily be an indoor coaster. Who knows if it will be. If it’s a family coaster then maybe. I really hope it’s not a flying theatre 😂

Last edited:
I don't think anything can actually be taken from that. It could still easily be an indoor coaster. Who knows if it will be. If it’s a family coaster then maybe. I really hope it’s not a flying theatre 😂
Agreed. Flying theatres are just so MEH. The one at Legoland just makes me feel sick.

Flying Dreams is probably the best one I’ve done, but I think the main reason it is any good is because there is naff all else to do in Ferrari Land except Red Force….