• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Just seen this mad new concept from Maurer... indoor powered coaster with inversions anyone? 😂

Purely came to mind as a result of the rings attached to the track on the concept video there…

But what about a circus/carnival type themed area, with the ride housed in a ‘Big Top’ themed warehouse (outside facade looking like a tent) with that hardware inside moving through circus style aerial trapeze’s, circus rings such as shown in the video etc?

The area could then justifiably look at buying a few of the Carters Steam Fair inventory for ready made themed attractions to supplement the land…

(Won’t happen, but a fun idea, to me anyway).

I don’t know why Carter’s keeps being brought up in this topic 😂. The rides are far too old and not built for constant cycling at full capacity in a theme park environment across a whole season.

A nice thing to have during off season as they have in the past on the pay per ride basis, but no way would they be suited to the rigours of main season theme park operation without substantial periods of downtime for checks and repairs. They’d be ruined within months.

I may be in the minority here but if this doe turn out to be a coaster I’m not sure I see the merit in it being a family coaster.

Since the Black Hole closed we’ve had 2 further family coasters in Thirteen and Wickerman (one of which has dark ride elements to it). Obviously it would be welcome, but I just feel that if it is to be a family attraction then a water ride would be better suited as there’s a severe lack of those at the park.

I think you're being a bit precious on this point tbh.

It's a coaster than can travel on all sides of a coaster track. It's like nothing we've seen before. It's definitely going to shake up the coaster world a bit whether you like the manufacturer or not.

There are plenty of unique attractions that we have never seen before and they have not changed the industry. I stand by what I said.

I do wonder if that with the large amount of coasters we have on park, if this turns out to be another coaster, who's to say this is the last one we'll see for a good few years (Nemesis retrack not included) because if this is the long awaited indoor coaster that we've been waiting for since Black Hole shut, it'll fill that gap in the line up and with that, Towers are pretty done with the line up of coasters on the park in which we would now have a decent balance of thrill, family and children's coasters on the park. Yes, you can say that the Cross Valley coaster would be the last piece of the collection that Towers can do but that is another story if that will ever see the light of day.

The only coasters you'll see coming are either further retracks of replacement of certain rides as we are getting to that point where Towers will find it tricky to use up more land which as you know can be right pain to do which is why some say the carpark behind Galactica will be used (damn, we've all forgotten about that!) :p

I honestly wouldn't mind if this would be the last coaster we get for at least a decade; the park is top heavy for coasters anyway and there are plenty of things to keep the park busy for the time being such as flat rises, dark rides, hotel improvements and entertainment just to name a few...New coasters will be somewhere down on the list after this.

Might be controversial to say this but I just have to get my opinion out there. I really don't know what kind of coaster it will be though it will be interesting to see how they'll build a good layout in that amount of space.

It could be the second Eatrenalin restaurant. A culinary journey of the finest food available at the resort

With the 5-10 year horizon in sight, even though there are a lot of coasters, its fair to say many could well be working towards retirement. Maybe not immediately but looking at the best before dates on many of the models they are going to start becoming an issue quicker than new projects can be built in the next decade.

I don’t know why Carter’s keeps being brought up in this topic 😂. The rides are far too old and not built for constant cycling at full capacity in a theme park environment across a whole season.

A nice thing to have during off season as they have in the past on the pay per ride basis, but no way would they be suited to the rigours of main season theme park operation without substantial periods of downtime for checks and repairs. They’d be ruined within months.
I agree completely, but unfortunately the whole of Carters is up for sale.
Two "events" at the same time...there must be a link, if only there was a can of wd40...

With the 5-10 year horizon in sight, even though there are a lot of coasters, its fair to say many could well be working towards retirement. Maybe not immediately but looking at the best before dates on many of the models they are going to start becoming an issue quicker than new projects can be built in the next decade.

I think the only coasters at risk of removal in the next 10 years are Rita and Spinball. Merlin would probably like to be shot of The Smiler but it has a strong popularity for some baffling reason (and I am not just talking about the weird folk who go on park dressed in the Smiler uniform).

I think the only coasters at risk of removal in the next 10 years are Rita and Spinball. Merlin would probably like to be shot of The Smiler but it has a strong popularity for some baffling reason (and I am not just talking about the weird folk who go on park dressed in the Smiler uniform).
Those were the exact two I had in mind. Further out oblivion and minetrain may start to have more problems than they are worth (thinking 2030).

I may be in the minority here but if this doe turn out to be a coaster I’m not sure I see the merit in it being a family coaster.

Since the Black Hole closed we’ve had 2 further family coasters in Thirteen and Wickerman (one of which has dark ride elements to it). Obviously it would be welcome, but I just feel that if it is to be a family attraction then a water ride would be better suited as there’s a severe lack of those at the park.

An indoor water ride would be pointless. Most people only want to get wet on water rides about three months of the year. Some of the reasons to add an indoor ride is that it is nicer to ride in the winter when the weather is wetter and colder. If the park wanted an indoor boat dark ride then reusing the Dungeons would be a far better idea.

We need not worry about what it's going to be. The way the world is going at the moment with pandemics, wars and extreme weather...we might all be gone by 2025 anyway. Hahaha.

Who had the return of the dinosaurs on their Armageddon Bingo Card?

An indoor water ride would be pointless. Most people only want to get wet on water rides about three months of the year. Some of the reasons to add an indoor ride is that it is nicer to ride in the winter when the weather is wetter and colder. If the park wanted an indoor boat dark ride then reusing the Dungeons would be a far better idea.

You can very easily build a water ride these days that gets you wet in the hot weather and keeps you dry in the colder months. Thus becoming more a themed boat ride with drops in the winter.

I agree regarding Rita and Spinball; Rita was only built as a rushed stop gap after the failure of getting the Cross Valley coaster off the ground and Spinball is a ride that Merlin have made secret of wanting it gone as perhaps some conservationists over its location. Actually, I do feel that Spinball's last stand maybe sooner than we all expect if this project ends up being a family coaster say not the inverted powered coaster as many seem to suspect but rather something a bit more bog standard like the Mack spinning coaster which not only would it have a decent layout and an improvement in almost every aspect of Spinball, but it would mean that Towers would have two spinning family coasters and to avoid duplication, Spinball will be viewed as surplus to requirements and that would be the time for Spinball to kick the bucket.

Anyway, I have pondered about Galactica and Oblivion's future and even though it's unlikely that we'll see a major track renewal program (if anything, we have more chance seeing Galactica reverted back into Air) due to not suffering much stress on the track unlike Nemesis with the exception of Oblivion's drop at the very bottom, I got thinking of something regarding Blivy.

With the track renewal program of Nemesis about to start and the many lessons that'll be learnt from it, who's to say that Towers might have the idea to try something a bit more to Oblivion such as perhaps an extension to the layout to add more to it for perhaps its anniversary in 2028 such as an inversion and helix to make it more than just a drop, something like Baron's layout. Yes, this is highly unlikely but seeing how X-Sector is built around Oblivion, it would actually be cheaper to keep it rather than rip it all up though it's not to say it can't be improved though that's just my opinion. Plus, it would make the most of that land behind the banked curve which I'm not sure it Towers own but if so, could even have X-Sector expand but depends on the geography of that terrain there.

Yeah, that went a bit off topic but hey.

I agree regarding Rita and Spinball; Rita was only built as a rushed stop gap after the failure of getting the Cross Valley coaster off the ground and Spinball is a ride that Merlin have made secret of wanting it gone as perhaps some conservationists over its location. Actually, I do feel that Spinball's last stand maybe sooner than we all expect if this project ends up being a family coaster say not the inverted powered coaster as many seem to suspect but rather something a bit more bog standard like the Mack spinning coaster which not only would it have a decent layout and an improvement in almost every aspect of Spinball, but it would mean that Towers would have two spinning family coasters and to avoid duplication, Spinball will be viewed as surplus to requirements and that would be the time for Spinball to kick the bucket.

Anyway, I have pondered about Galactica and Oblivion's future and even though it's unlikely that we'll see a major track renewal program (if anything, we have more chance seeing Galactica reverted back into Air) due to not suffering much stress on the track unlike Nemesis with the exception of Oblivion's drop at the very bottom, I got thinking of something regarding Blivy.

With the track renewal program of Nemesis about to start and the many lessons that'll be learnt from it, who's to say that Towers might have the idea to try something a bit more to Oblivion such as perhaps an extension to the layout to add more to it for perhaps its anniversary in 2028 such as an inversion and helix to make it more than just a drop, something like Baron's layout. Yes, this is highly unlikely but seeing how X-Sector is built around Oblivion, it would actually be cheaper to keep it rather than rip it all up though it's not to say it can't be improved though that's just my opinion. Plus, it would make the most of that land behind the banked curve which I'm not sure it Towers own but if so, could even have X-Sector expand but depends on the geography of that terrain there.

Yeah, that went a bit off topic but hey.

I cannot see much being done with Oblivion layout wise. By the time the coaster comes out of the tunnel and to the brakes most of the energy is already gone. You have to remember Oblivion goes as deep underground as it goes high above ground.

So by the time it comes out the tunnel, it's already lost most of the kinetic energy it gained from that drop. Servery limiting what you could do track wise.