• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

I don't know, it's more interesting than discussing the type of polyfilla debate in the Duel thread. :grimacing:

This is very true.

I can't see them not opening this up from by the dudgeon though. Makes no sense to go from X-Sector

There’s actually a big gap between the dungeons and Walliams. I guess it will go there. Or if you lost Flávio’s and the carousel then you’ve got a massive entrance there as well.

I guess it depends on the long term plans, maybe Walliams will be gone by then, or even the dungeons building, or that will become part of this new area.

Any rumblings on a re-scheduled date for this consultation yet? I would have thought there would have been, as obviously it was supposed to be in 4 days.

I suspect it'll be put back a week. That all said what time was it? A lot of local shops etc seem to be planning to reopen around 16:30 after the funeral has finished

I suspect it'll be put back a week. That all said what time was it? A lot of local shops etc seem to be planning to reopen around 16:30 after the funeral has finished
According to the opening post of the thread, the times are 1-3pm and 4:30-6:30pm.

I mean I guess it's possible that it could still go ahead on that footing then?

The entire Alton Towers Resort is closed on Monday. Theme park, water park, hotels, conference centre etc. It won’t be going ahead on that basis alone.

Aside from that, since this whole exercise is about getting the locals onside and building goodwill - you don’t do that by going ahead with an important consultation on an area that has proved problematic in the past on the day of the Queen’s funeral.

Last edited:
Maybe it could be worth asking the Resort about it?

I’d be happy to message them on Facebook asking about this, if anyone would like me to.
EDIT: On second thoughts; would Towers tell me that information, seeing as I’m not a local?

Maybe it could be worth asking the Resort about it?

I’d be happy to message them on Facebook asking about this, if anyone would like me to.
I would imagine the local residents who were going to attend this have or will do so, the resort didn't want to make a big fuss about it before, only sending out letters to the locals. This is probably why we haven't seen a statement on there socials. So I'm not sure they'd even say to someone who isn't a local, but who knows.

Last edited:
Apparently RMC have announced they're working on their first dark coaster at iaapa, if true do you think towers would possibly be getting a indoor RMC single rail raptor.

It would be the world's first RMC dark ride and UK's first RMC

Apparently RMC have announced they're working on their first dark coaster at iaapa, if true do you think towers would possibly be getting a indoor RMC single rail raptor.

It would be the world's first RMC dark ride and UK's first RMC
I know that they are rumoured to be working on some sort of RMC powered coaster at Silver Dollar City for 2023 to replace Fire in the Hole, so perhaps that’s what they’re referring to?

Source: https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...lacement-at-silver-dollar-city-in-2023.45045/

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have a feeling it might be referring to the 2023 SDC project rather than Towers’.

I know that they are rumoured to be working on some sort of RMC powered coaster at Silver Dollar City for 2023 to replace Fire in the Hole, so perhaps that’s what they’re referring to?

Source: https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...lacement-at-silver-dollar-city-in-2023.45045/

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have a feeling it might be referring to the 2023 SDC project rather than Towers’.
Absolutely could be anything, thought might be a possibility but I'm not sure if there would be enough space and if it would be sufficient capacity wise.