• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Some other interesting bits and bobs you can spot in those photos. Firstly to the south of the site, the Scarefest hearse and the old Bear Grylls photo opp from the entrance plaza, alongside what I think is the Ripsaw Op Cabin:
1708203154028.png1708203014546.png
Interestingly, there also seems to be a second hearse just up the road (are there two hearses used for Scarefest now?).

The second hearse is sitting alongside the bespoke Christmas theming that was used alongside Lightopia, but I don't think was used for the most recent event?
1708203105232.png 1708202961805.png

I think we already knew this, but these shots also confirm that Submission is long gone, as the Christmas theming is in the same spot that Submission was stored in for some time after it was removed from the park.

There was an additional hearse used for The Invitation, I think the hearse sat on its own is the usual Towers St one as you can see the green writing down the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a note on “sources” TT were the ones who claimed, incorrectly but adamantly that the smiler was having the washing machine element and dug themselves that deep they couldn’t get out and even towers mocked them for it.

Recent drone video of the site, some good close ups of things stored there and near the end of the video is a shot of the Fandangos Sizzler thing and an almost unrecognisable Royal Carousel!

I'm always fascinated by the backstage areas at Alton Towers. I'd love a good walk around this area, the flag tower as well as some of the out of bounds areas of the gardens.