• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

I think with the nature of this attraction they can hide what this actually is for a long time. With it being in a building, they simply don't need to state what they are doing inside, apart from an outline, which they've already provided in that it's a indoor attraction. As @Squiggs has already stated noise assessments will give us the greatest idea but they can still hide a great deal.

Personally, I cannot actually decide what I think this will be. I think there are plenty of options that make sense. If Exodus is part of a bulk deal with Mack then this could well be something from Mack, both Dark Ride or family coaster. It could be a dark ride from another company or a flying theatre. There's just so many potential options and at the current stage it's nearly impossible to single a few options out.

Hello
New here, first post so go gentle
Just a thought about the name project Horizon. An “event horizon” is a term for part of a black hole. Wasn’t there a cryptic tweet from somebody at Merlin saying something along the lines of “what’s coming has been before” ?
Could a newly imagined BlackHole be returning?

Hello
New here, first post so go gentle
Just a thought about the name project Horizon. An “event horizon” is a term for part of a black hole. Wasn’t there a cryptic tweet from somebody at Merlin saying something along the lines of “what’s coming has been before” ?
Could a newly imagined BlackHole be returning?
I think this is a bit to cryptic and in-depth however I don't think it's completely impossible. I like the idea, and it could potentially be a good marketing move if done correctly, but it could also be a marketing disaster. Overall I don't think it's impossible but I wouldn't say it was likely. I doubt codename's are heavily thought about, it's just something they use to refer to them so that it's harder for information to be leaked and to use before a name has been decided.

I think this will likely be the equivalent of the next SW in terms of scale. With that in mind, I’d be quite surprised if this was a “revived” Black Hole, as I think going nostalgic for something that costly is a definite risk. I could be wrong, however… I’ve been wrong on plenty of stuff before!

I’m going to get flamed for this, but… to be honest, I personally hope it isn’t a revived Black Hole. I apologise if that’s controversial, and I don’t deny that one could be fun, but I’d prefer something new and original myself.

If this was a updated Black Hole, the completed steampunk theme that the original almost fully themed had it not been for X-Sector, I'd be on cloud 9...would be better than any SW9 that is for sure!

Anyway, regarding the fake Jazz land plans, fake or not, it is quite funny that in the end, Towers ends actually almost following the original plan. Wherever they actually saw those fake plans years ago or not, it is quite a coincidence that it is happening now. At this rate I'd even say that we'd likely see that broomstick ride or any sort of coaster in GW...Towers/Merlin took a joke seriously, damn. o_O

I would say the major update will be how it’s powered, probably with an artificial quantum singularity.

I'd be amazed if this is a coaster, I feel they will keep the SW codename solely for coasters
I agree my gut is 60% dark ride / some type of flying theatre. 40% smaller family coaster with 💩🔥 screen effects etc.

If we assume JW was referring to this project. I can't help but feel he may of just been playing up to the crowd. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment by thinking it's going to be earth shattering.

Whatever it is, assuming they get planning permission for this building, the great thing is that this will be another large space that can hold an attraction or smaller attractions for many years to come. Just the fact that there would be more space available to work with is brilliant in itself.

I’d be surprised if this turned out to be a flying theatre. It just doesn’t seem major enough to warrant building on coaster coaster, especially when there’s 2 fairly sizeable mothballed show buildings sat in TWoDW unused.

The building size doesn’t scream SW material (unless they plan to dig down) so my bet is on a family thrill Arthur style coaster, which to be fair the park could really do with.

Another vote for the Event Horizon/Black Hole return.
Loved both Black Hole and Space Invader for rainy day skiving off work, truanting with beer, as a grown adult. Felt special.
Worlds first coaster powered by Dilithium?
Oh, and the smell of the indoor queue for the Space Invader on a busy summers day!

Last edited: