• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

QTXAdsy's Adventures in Europa Park (27/6/13 and 28/6/13) [Picture Heavy]

QTXAdsy

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Black Hole
Hello! After much scrambling trying to find money and dragging the parents to come on our first trip to Germany, I finally managed to get on out to Rust and the so called greatest theme park since slice bread or the time when my Dad shaved his back...

Europa Park!

So then, how'd it go then you might ask? Well...yeah, 'tis was ok...haha, It blew my expectations right out of the water and completely stunned my parents of how beautiful this place was and that I had found as a wee gem. However though, it didn't start too well for us. The day before we arrived in Rust, us being cheap stakes, they (my parents) didn't want to go for the EP hotels due to pricing and wanted to include a trip to France and Switzerland after EP, so we instead went to one of the hotels in Rust, which proved to be quite challenging to find.

We did find it eventually, but it was then that our phone service in Germany didn't work for us, and it took us about the night in our room to get them working again.

Clearly this wasn't going our way at all.

Finally the big day came...and it was starting to rain when we arrived at the gate.

Silver Star can be seen here, and was on my 'must ride' list. But the bad weather around us made me doubt if I was even going to get half of the park done in a day.

Finally we entered and already, the theming was impressing me, but I knew I couldn't wait there and had to get on with the day. Up ahead is Euromaus welcoming guests to the park (if I've spelt his name correctly!)

First up to escape the rain, we then boarded the the EuroTower, which we then had a good look at this giant park. Here is Silver Star again.

Here is EuroSat and Posidon, later on, we'd find ourselves crossing over into Greece quite a lot...

...Erm, what was it's name again?

We then found ourselves riding this Monorail later on.

After that, we found ourselves walking over to Silver Star, only for the rain to get heavy, resulting us taking cover.

Poor folk though get soaked. Though I was impressed that the monorail tracks were all in different colours to match the area they are in such as this set.

Later on though, I did ride SS and what do I think...Very good I do say! Lots of good air time and very fast, though it wasn't the ride I'd would rank EP's number 1...

We did a few other dark rides and an ice show that Mum wanted to see, which in turn put Mandyland's Hot Ice show on toast! :D Finally though, we arrived in Iceland...

Ah yes, WODON, I was really looking forward to riding this one with the family, by the point too, the rain had gone off a bit, though it would be turning itself on and off throughout the day.

Gotta love the theming.

I must say, with what everyone else has said with this queue line, it's top notch and certainly one of the best I've been in, too bad it was all in German and I couldn't understand nor get into the story...really should practice some German.

Me being arty, wooden structures always look nice to look at.

And there's me. So what'd I think. Simply the best wooden coaster I've ridden to date. Goes to number 4 in my top 10 list. Very fast, rough and just damn fun. if only we had one of those back home...sigh.

Finally, it was Blue Fire's turn. The rain had started to come again when I took this photo, though I personally think I suits being in the rain, must be the blue me thinks.

Now it is time to ride this coaster.

My verdict? Really good. second time I've been on a inversion coaster without bulky OTSR, old Twist and Shout at Loudoun Castle being my first. ;) Ride's a bit slow in places, then again it kinda is a family thrill ride, anyone for a Launch Mack Megacoaster replacing Rita?

...Erm, Finland is not part of Scandavian, it's just Norway, Denmark and Sweden. :p

Then the rain got worse. :(

This cause me difficulty to enjoy the park, but I couldn't really go out and explore the place in great detail.

Finally, by my Mother's nagging request, we went to see the Abba show in the Globe theatre. And my god, I never thought I'd say this, but even that I enjoyed it! Though really it was the magician in the show who, though was only on about 5 minutes at a time, completely stole the show. A German Tommy Cooper would you believe! And I never thought Germans could be funny, they do now!

And that was that. it was a bit of a rocky day due to the weather, so I had to hope that tomorrow would be better. I'll start of the second day of the report soon if this report get's any replies (hopefully!) In the meantime, here's another shot of SS, which by the point when the park was closing, the sun finally came out! :mad:

Anyway, stay tuned to see if my Europa trip could get any better.

Couldnt agree more with your comment about Blue Fire, ever since I went for the first time this year, I need the UK to get one :p, even if its a clone, just, please?

Alright then, it's the second day of the trip now. Sorry for the wait, just had a lot stuff to be done, but here we go anyway with it.

The day before, I thought the day was rather lacklustre and quite slow when your dragging your family around the place, this time though, I was allowed to let rip on the place! :D

This time round, the weather was much better and hopefully would be the day. So first up, I did the..er...Euro-Euro...the bobsled ride.

As much as it might be better themed than that of Avalanche at mandyland, this one didn't hold up for me. I'll just leave it at that.

Next up was Euroblitz I think it's name was, yet another Mack wild mouse ride.

I'll be honest here...I don't personally like Wild Mouse rides and even though this one was well themed and had that unique elevator lift, I couldn't help but think that it was just another Mouse ride...oh well.

Then came the most unlikely highlight of the day...Pegasus. Now knowing that AT have plans for a new family themed area in the park, a lot have all been saying they want this to replace Spinball, and I can see why. This ride does pack a little punch and is just the right length for a kiddie coaster. I'd say why the hell not to bring this to AT.

How deep are those bank curves?

Hey look Merlin, scaffolding done correctly! :p ;)

Anyway, moving on, I ventured on into Russia. Now I must make this clear, I don't see Russia as a European country, wee ones like Poland and stuff maybe, but not Russia. Nevertheless, on the next ride, EuroMir.

It is a very strange ride for my tastes, Looks like one of the early rides in the park's history, younger that Eurosat maybe, but it's ok I guess, nothing too much. I also had a near fight on this ride with a bunch of Germans. We were heading up the lift hill and I was saying that I came from the UK, at first it seemed quite friendly from them, but when I said I was Scottish, they suddenly were like 'Oh we hate the English and all that stuff!' I then said 'Now just a minute, you may not like them but I have several English friends back home you must know...I love the Dutch though!' And then they just glared at me...

God I'd hate to be the poor window cleaners for it...

So apart from that, I went over to Iceland, for such a country that no one would give damn about...it has two of the best rides in the park! It was time to ride Wodan once more.

It's a fantastic Woody for me, and here's a little geek shot for my liken. :p

Towards Lunchtime, I had a moment to myself to look on around the park and think to myself why people like this place for. Then it hit, it isn't much as having the best rides, but the experience and theming of the place really sells itself to you. A theme park is about escapism, i want to leave the real world behind and into a world of fantasy. That's why EP works a treat, you could just walk about the place for days on end...what a load of crap! :D

In the UK section, they have a Scottish Lion Rampart...the only Scottish thing in the park, C'mon Mack, Build me a Loch Ness Monster ride then I'll return! :cool:

Through the bushes there is that new Arthur ride they're working on, coming on pretty nicely even though I have no idea bout this Arthur IP.

The rapids ride is pretty fun.

Finally it was the end of my day and I was surprised to see a bit of the Berlin wall here.

Bit touching it was to read it and the history of German been torn in two for many years.

And at last, the day's over. I will say though that I did enjoy myself and was worth the trip, though I don't I'll be back in a hurry as I have other places to visit soon. Oh well Here are some photos to finish it off.

Silver Star

Blue Fire

And Wodan

So thats that then. Tell me what you think and kill me for saying some flaws of the place! >:D

Good to see you had fun. I think Mir is younger than Sat though. Did you get a chance to walk through the Mir training mock up while you were there? It's a great little geek out.

Ah yes, I did ventured aboard the Mir ship. Though I can't help but say that some of the effects of Sat though feels dated and the fact they have two space themed rides in different areas of the park. Hell, maybe why don't they revamp Sat to be their very own Rock 'n' Roller Coaster with all the Paris light effects and stuff? :p

It makes a kind of sense. Russia's space connection is obvious, and the French build the rockets used by the European Space Agency.
I believe I heard that they once attempted to upgrade Sat, and removed the robot from the queueline. The fans went crazy and demanded the return of the kitch 80's crap that gives the ride it's charm. :p Though I believe the lasers in the dome were upgraded this season?

If anything needs updating, I'd say they need to add onboard sound to MIR, so that epic music continues when you leave the lift. They also need to get some smoke, strobes and lasers in that tower. Finally, for a real wow factor, I would build a new rocket that takes up the full height of the lift, rather than just a nose cone at the top.

Or let's get a Buran shuttle clone in. :cool:

Now just add a War of the Worlds sci-fi themed ride (Victorian themed ofc) then in the UK section to make it 3 spacey theme rides in a row. :p

I think they might struggle to fit Buran in there. ;) As for WotW... you are obsessed. Get help.

Thanks for sharing.

Europa-Park has a number of average rides; but they're mainly middle-of-the-road family coasters (like the Bob, which is very old, and Matterhorn Blitz).

Did you manage to go to the hotels?

:)

No I didn't go to the hotels, though I did pass them by on the monorail. I wouldn't mind staying in them if the holiday was EP centered, but when your traveling to both Switzerland, Germany and France, alongside quite a cheapskate family, it is rather difficult.

Can any non-hotel guests go to the bars there? 'Cause if so them I'm kicking myself, mind you...don't think the Germans would like Scots dressed in kilts wondering in! :p

Well plenty of us have used the hotel bars when we are not staying on resort in the past.