Quick Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig, 27th Feb 2020.

1. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Yeah if it's really windy I'd expect Big One and Flying Machines to definitely be shut, and maybe Ice Blast and Infusion too.

2. Jim

Jim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Wicker Man (Row 1), Alton Towers
    @Matt.GC . Went on Sun 14th Nov and the place was dead (big queue to get in thou). Managed to get all 9 roller coaster done in about 2hrs even thou everything was on 1 train and waited 15+mins for Avalanche to be repaired.

Icon had longest queue but never exceeded the buildings exterior at its longest. Also the front row queue was at worse an additional train wait. Big One, Revolution & Infusion were walk on or wait in the air gates for train to return. Worse queues were Steeplechase, Big Dipper and any family orientated flat rides. Last 20mins of opening we managed to get on Big One, then Infusion (nephews fav ride, sorry) and get into Icons queue with 5mins to spare :D.

I was skeptical about weekends as well, but took the gamble that in Nov not many would venture out to the coast on a Sunday during term time. Otherwise, Unless I have an annual pass, no way am I going on a weekend normally!

Extra tip. Don't take food, they don't allow you into the park if you have pack lunch with you :mad:.

Last edited: 26th Nov 2021 at 12:00 PM
    Matt.GC, Skyscraper and rob666 like this.
  3. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Rumours from a distant tyke that the Big One will be closed for the rest of the season anyway, but no chance this weekend.
    Poor weather forecast, so expect the place to be deader than dead.

Skyscraper likes this.
  4. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I second this, been caught out myself on previous visits. :mad:

5. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Just a reminder that this is Alton Towers Quick Questions, not BPB Discussion. Thanks. :)

Skyscraper likes this.