• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

RCT2 Park

Scott

Former TS Team Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
I got bored recently so started playing some old-school RCT2 again... After playing a couple of scenarios I got playing on the 'Botany Breakers' one which is a park set on a hilly, foresty island. I was quite pleased with how the place turned out so I thought I'd post some retro RCT goodness on here...

a9219e27424848c5b398dbc.png

^ The whole park

0b5ff8865ab7445e8e71ffa.png

^ Compact B&M sitdown (not a custom layout, was built from a template)

3d7b92ddf7664e269f071af.png

^ The park's log flume, 'Logger's Revenge' - 3 drops and a turntable await riders. You will get wet!

c86386a97e2b4012a6be209.png

^ The 'Alpine Sled' takes guests on quick turns and rapid helixes through the woods and down the hills.

7b5518f3aab245d89a5d2d1.png

427ac76549e84ead9009013.png

^ 'Axe' is the parks B&M dive machine. Dropping riders high above the water before twisting them through a dark cave, who will dare brave it?

5d127ec86c7f4636b59233d.png

^ The launch coaster signature feature is a massie cobra roll, visible across the whole island.

f2d30e207d1f41b7acfaedb.png

^ The River Rapids are only for those that want to get VERY wet... not surprising that it's quiet 'cos of the rain!

Now, what's this...
bd05937db8fa498cbae0616.png

It looks like the park's signature coaster, 'Green Machine' - a stand-up

7fb294fda3a547d4963d8cc.png

f005fac4b1024063a990b12.png

71616ac02be242ddae64605.png

So, there you go!

This has reminded me of the old days when I used to play RCT 1 on the original Xbox. I had an absolute monster of a park on Dynamite Dunes - pity I can't post it on here due to it being on console.

Great park by the way, that B&M looks ridiculously tight!

Your park looks really good, it's made me want to start playing RCT2 again, well until I remembered; no sandbox mode, the odd viewing angles, and lack of ability to pause the game. But then at the same time I remember the music and humour which RCT3 lacked.

Really nice work! Keep it up!

Heh, there are so many limitations within the game, but it's still a fun alternative to go back to! Besides, I'm fairly poor at RCT3 :p

BowMan said:
And you can't kill people in RCT3. Mwa ha ha. :p

Haha it was always so grim in RCT 1 when you made a Space Shot tower and set the launch so it went over the top - and then you got the message "X guests died on Space Shot 1."

It was just clinical but simultaneously ridiculous. I also loved how the guests continue to walk around even when the deaths had occured.

The Psychoaster said:
BowMan said:
And you can't kill people in RCT3. Mwa ha ha. :p

Haha it was always so grim in RCT 1 when you made a Space Shot tower and set the launch so it went over the top - and then you got the message "X guests died on Space Shot 1."

It was just clinical but simultaneously ridiculous. I also loved how the guests continue to walk around even when the deaths had occured.

"I'm not going on Ghost Train 1, it's not safe"

Ghost trains were my favourite, one drop near a corner and it was curtains!