• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

RCT4M- New RCT Mobile Game?

Could this be the android version etc of RCT that was said to be coming a few years ago? Although I don't see it being much more than a rehash of the disappointing 3D version that came out on 3DS.

I think this is going to be a freemium game, where you have to wait 10 hours before you can build a track piece, or just pay £30 and get the whole coaster instantly!

AVOID!

It'll no doubt be freemium much like coaster crazy was.

Can only dream that it is a new version for mobiles and tablets though. Chris Sawyer's Transport Tycoon was recently ported to iOS and was pretty popular.

Lets see how crap this game is going to be

1801265_597486117010230_687083365_o.jpg

at the top, you have cash, tickets, your level, and a park rating (at a guess)

looks like tickets are going to be your premium currency and you will have to gain levels to get to the good rides.

and in order to gain levels you will have to build shops and flat rides which will take 24 hours to build or you can spend tickets to make it build instantly.

Sad thing is they will most likely make a fortune. Mobile games are the grey unethical area of game development.

Screw that. A true RCT fan, will know its impossible to build a wooden coaster like that. I mean look at it!

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

HaydenCR said:
A true RCT fan, will know its impossible to build a wooden coaster like that.

Anyone blessed with common sense or a brain for that matter will know a coaster like that can't exist.

Sorry developer, but I think regardless of how powerful this game could turn out to be, you simply can't design the ultimate theme park on a phone/tablet. After all these years of waiting for something RCT4 related, this is the ultimate let down.

This is RCT4!? Wow, what a massive disappointment and a huge wasted opportunity. This is not going to excite any real RCT fans.

:)

I'm really disappointed they never ported RCT1 or 2 onto mobile devices, as I feel it would work quite well on an iPad. The only way I'll accept this is if they use the new exposure to create a proper RCT game.

AshleeKel said:
I'm really disappointed they never ported RCT1 or 2 onto mobile devices, as I feel it would work quite well on an iPad. The only way I'll accept this is if they use the new exposure to create a proper RCT game.

I completely agree with previous comments on how disappointing this game is. I mean, the UI is terrible, the graphics are low quality & everything is far too "Freemium".

However as you were saying about exposure, Atari are calling this RCT4M. This is purely wishful thinking, but the "M" could only be there because they intend on releasing a full PC version of the game, so eventually having two editions: RCT4 &RCT4M.

You never know, it could just be a way to test the profitability of the franchise.

;)

When you have a good company behind in-game transactions, which provide a balanced gameplay and don't affect the players who choose not to buy them they can be very amazing, I'm talking about Team Fortress 2 and DoTA 2, which have one of the most fair Free 2 play models around, DoTA 2 even more so, but they are owned by Valve, which are probably rich enough from Steam and don't have any large producers like EA or Atari to please, they can afford to sacrifice profits for balanced and fair gameplay

But I have yet to see a mobile game to have fair Microtransactions, most games on mobile actually sacrifice gameplay on a mostly single player game just so you are forced to buy currency in order to 'improve' your experience.

One of my favourite Youtubers has summed it up perfectly....

''Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 announced as mobile only? When they strap me into the chair let them know the murders were just.''

Disappointing.

From the RCT Facebook page;
"RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile (first)! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release in Fall 2014. This is just the first step in bringing the series back to its fans this year! We are excited and hope you are too!"

Interesting, wonder if it'll be any good?

Max said:
From the RCT Facebook page;
"RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile (first)! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release in Fall 2014. This is just the first step in bringing the series back to its fans this year! We are excited and hope you are too!"

Interesting, wonder if it'll be any good?

Was I right or was I right? ;)

Oh yes! RCT4! Hope it has the graphics of three but operates how one and two did, they ran so much smoother! Can't wait for this! Finally a decent version for mobile as well. :)

"PC experience" not PC game? Hmmm, that implies online game - Facebook game maybe? Who knows, I suppose time will tell. The mobile game looks like every other theme park app game already available.

James said:
"PC experience" not PC game? Hmmm, that implies online game - Facebook game maybe? Who knows, I suppose time will tell. The mobile game looks like every other theme park app game already available.
Exactly my thoughts. I doubt that RCT4M is going to bring anything different to the table when compared with the other theme park app games available.