• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Red Dead Redemtion 2

DistortAMG

TS Member
Favourite Ride
POTC Disneyland Paris

Is anyone else looking forward to this? When Rockstar games release a large game like GTAV or Red Dead, from their Rockstar North (Edinburough) studio. It shakes up the whole industry.

The game and world design of Grand Theft Auto 5 was so detailed and true to life (even if fictional) the world and road systems have gone far beyoned being just a game and have been used by scientists and universitys to train AI in the skill of driving vehicles on a road system. This detail and acuracy is a staple that Rockstar has been and is known for industry wide. Real works of art in their games.

Rockstar might be notorious for games that have voilence and controversial subject matters, but the one thing that cannot be deniyed or argued, is the quality and pure artistic quality that they put into their games. Forget the voilence for a moment. The pure quality, story telling, polish and attention to detail they put into their games is second to non. Always completely ahead of anything any other games company is putting out, by a long shot. They always set the benchmark and raise the bar in that specific type of game.

Seriously looking forward to this, would be instrested to hear if anyone else is or is not looking forward to it :)

By how many pre order variants there are for this game I fear Rockstar are going to crank up the greed meter ten fold on this game as they know this is hugely anticipated.
For a company to sell a complete "collectors edition" box for an extortionate price that doesn't even have the game in activates alarm bells.

Be wary.

By how many pre order variants there are for this game I fear Rockstar are going to crank up the greed meter ten fold on this game as they know this is hugely anticipated.
For a company to sell a complete "collectors edition" box for an extortionate price that doesn't even have the game in activates alarm bells.

Be wary.

Of course they will. Because they know it will sell. Although you don't have to buy the pre order varients or collectors editions. One thing Rockstar have a near 100% perfect record on, is producing very solid, feature packed and bug free games. Again and again. There is a reason why Rockstars games are so highly anticipated and this is that reason, so why shouldn't they exploit their position? They certainly have earned it over the last decade and a half. They have earned it more so than any other developer period. Their games have created such a high following that people want to buy extras.

Plus it is not like you are being forced into buying the extras. Everyone who buys the base game package will still recieve the same top quality and well polished game that Rockstar is industry leading in and known for. The trailers certainly show we should expect a game that lives upto their staple polish and quality.

Last edited:
I'm not a gamer by any means, but I thought the original was a brilliant piece of storytelling, at least from the relatively little I played.

Who's been playing this then?

Just completed it last night, top 3 all time game for me. I usually don't like games with OTT storylines, I'd rather watch a film - but this was absolutely gripping, particularly the last couple of chapters.