• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Relationship Advice

Andrew

TS Contributor
Well, I thought I may as well start a serious topic for those that need it.
So, here it is: Relationship Advice!

Last edited:
Simple answer is, GET IN THERE MY SON.

Butter her up (literally, or not, it's up to you), & tell her how you feel. Embrace that feeling inside, and EMBRACE her! She will either respond positively, & engage in you, or she will stand up and walk away.

Either way, you'll know you gave it a shot!

I have the same problem I like a girl in my year (Shock!) (A lot and I mean nearly every boy in my class says im gay when im straight) shes qute anyway I dont know if she likes me or not I mean she likes me as a freind but I dunno in a relationship kinda way?!

Joseph said:
T said:
You need to ASK her. Engage in her. Talk to her!

FULFILL HER EVERY DESIRE!
Engage in her what the hell!
Yes! Speak to her, get her interest by holding a conversation that doesn't involve sex, drugs, or your obsessions! Talk about her. Flowers. Horses. Things that make her go BOOM!

I Would try and become better friends with her, by doing this you will get to know her better and she will get to know you better as well. Soon enough you can find out what she likes and buy her gifts of her interest once her birthday, Christmas or Valentine's comes around. Once You've done this, have to guts to finally answer the question and hopefully she will say yes

:)

Longy said:
Your advice is very interesting, and I'll definitely try it. :)

I'm sat next to her in English tomorrow, so I think I'll start then. Who knows; this could be the start of something amazing!

Thanks a lot T!
Just remember something VERY important, and a message my mother used to say to me every morning before school;

If it's meant to be, It's clear to see.
If nothings said, your chances are dead.

Keep your chin up, smile, and push your chest out. Approach her, & let your feelings come gushing out (although, please, for the love of Alton, don't do this literally!)!

I'VE GOT FAITH IN YOU SON!

Thanks for the advice (Will try this tommorow) I hope to have my first GF (If not your roadkill!) ;)

I would not advise simply walking up to someone you hardly speak to and asking them out. That may work in American teen TV shows, but in real life, no girl on earth will say yes unless she also has a crush on you. And given the way the female brain works, that's unlikely.

Very few relationships outside the playground start with an outright "will you go out with me?" They develop naturally from an existing friendship. Sometimes slowly over months, sometimes rapidly.

Your best bet is to build a friendship first. Talk to her, be casual and genuine. Within a week you should have a idea if she likes in that way you or not. And even if she doesn't, there's no reason why you can't be friends. Having female friends is very useful.... maybe some of her friends might want you when they get to know you? ;)

(You kids have no idea how lucky you are to be able to get advice like this online. When I was a lad, we had to find it all out the hard way! :p )

Ah, well in that case you are half way there. Spend time with her and observe her body language. Does she sit right next to you? Do you hug hello and goodbye? Does she smile when she talks to you?

I'm sure there are websites out there that have massive lists.

To be honest I'd say that, in your current position you should just go for it, Longy, in terms of asking her out. :)

There's such a thing as reading into a situation by too much and not everything can be learned from the internet, it has to be experienced. Follow your heart and other clichés like that. :)

DiogoJ42 said:
Ah, well in that case you are half way there. Spend time with her and observe her body language. Does she sit right next to you? Do you hug hello and goodbye? Does she smile when she talks to you?

I'm sure there are websites out there that have massive lists.

Sorry to pick up on this Diogo. :p

But those questions all depend on the person really. She may not always sit next to him because she could be worried about feeling like she's stalking him. Hugs, she may not be that type of person. I've certainly come across men and women that do not hug much, especially in public. Smiling, erm... she may just be a moody cow and never smiles? ;)

Umm, yeah... anyway :p Longy, if you have been friends with her for 3 years then I'd say go for it! You haven't really got much to lose if you're good friends and have built up that friendship over 3 years. :)

I'll give you another example.

I met my boyfriend for the first time, last July. We started going to the pub etc with our other friends, then gradually started doing stuff on our own. It took til November, but he finally asked me out, and we've been together for just over 7 months now.

It takes time, and a strong friendship to start with, I think :)

Good luck :)

If anyone could give a lonely and single Welshman advice then please do...
***If you're under 16 you may not want to read the below, it's naughty adult stuff and contains some naughty swear words!***

Relationships is always a bit of a tricky area for me. I've so far been in two relationships with men, and five relationships with women. Although only two of those relationships have been successful.

My problem: I've never 'dumped' anyone in my life, I pick my partners wisely, if I'm with someone then I know it's going to work. My first few relationships with just little teenage things so don't really count that much. However my past four relationships have all ended due to one thing: sex. Now, it's because sexual activities usually happen early in relationships (with me at least). Then I get dumped because the other person feels that the relationship is just a sexual attraction and nothing more.

This has happened in my past four relationships. With me being awfully upset, because I quickly get emotionally attached to people.

The problem is I have this fear now that with every serious relationship I enter and sex comes into it everything is suddenly becoming about just that. With these last few relationships the minute we've had sex for the first time it has ended up turning into us having constant sex. Which yeah is great but I want a bit more than someone I shag around the whole place. I'm starting the feel the minute it happens is the minute I'm jeopardizing a loving relationship for just a (excuse the blunt term) fuck buddy.

The immediate advice would be "don't have sex" although quite frankly that's impossible in this day in age, I'm looking for some nice constructive advice.

Well, that was an interesting thing to read.

I see your point there though. You want a relationship that lasts for who you are, not what you give.

Have you tried talking to the person more, about similarities, and what you like to do? More days out together are better as you don't end up getting bored, thus resorting to, well, you know what. So, just sit down, have a nice chat, and have fun with your partner really. :)

I hope everything works out for you, and if I can think of anything else to help you, I'll tell you. :)

Thanks Longy :)

Longy said:
I see your point there though. You want a relationship that lasts for who you are, not what you give.
You know, that's possibly the nicest way of putting it. Wish I thought of saying it in that way. :p

Longy said:
Have you tried talking to the person more, about similarities, and what you like to do? More days out together are better as you don't end up getting bored, thus resorting to, well, you know what. So, just sit down, have a nice chat, and have fun with your partner really. :)

I hope everything works out for you, and if I can think of anything else to help you, I'll tell you. :)

I suppose the main problem is staying in and another issue being that all the people I meet first, well, we don't get to know each other well enough before things move on. I guess I need to put my foot down more. My last relationship is the worst example of this, we met online, I went over his house two times then on the third time we did the hanky panky, then got in a relationship. I know I'm going the wrong way around it although I agree with you that more days out would be better than staying in. :) Thanks again!