• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Resort Hotels

Graeme

TS Member
As we haven't got a topic for the hotels, I felt they need their own topic!

I am firmly a bell rock fan, love the standard of the rooms and the general theme to the place. Could spend (and have done) hours out the back just watching waterfire.

Love the theme in the Spirit of St Louis bar, however I always go to Bar Colesseo around 10pm for a night cap or two!

So yeah, hotels, discuss....

I have a soft spot for all of them, but for the rooms it has to be Alcazar for me! The rooms just seem a lot more substantial than Colosseo for me, and a bit more atmospheric. Bar wise, Buena Vista for small groups without a doubt, and I really love Spirit of St Louis for a nice chilled out night, and do what Graeme does and pop to Bar Colosseo to finish up.

Food wise - despite the iffy service a couple of times Silverlake Saloon still wins it. Spirit of St Louis gets points for their AMAZING burger though - expensive but worth it if you haven't tried it!

Not tried Alcazar yet. Stayed in colosseo last year and whilst the room was lovely, I thought the bell rock room seemed more substantial and modern.

Silverlake saloon is alright, as said above, I've had iffy service a few times there. I also find after a long day in the park, I can't be bothered leaving the hotels and going round the other side. Although having said that, it's quite a pleasant stroll back from the silver lake.

I find it incredibly generous that Bell Rock rooms come with a giant chest that can accommodate enough space for plenty of beer glasses to be stored in, you wouldn't get that at any of our hotels.

Funnily enough, these chests also prove to be excellent when slid from the room out into the main corridor with a half naked @Russ atop them.

I've only stayed in Bell Rock before, but I love it so much. The rooms are very well-presented, and it's themed to the excellent standards you'd expect from EP. The breakfast is brilliant, and I can remember very clearly having my first breakfast at Bell Rock outside on the terrace, which set the day off extremely well. I've also had breakfast at Santa Isabel, which was pretty good, but I preferred the one at Bell Rock. As for the bars? I've spent most time in Spirit of St Louis, and it's brilliant. The cocktails are superb (they are in all the other bars across the resort, for the record), with the Long Island Iced Tea American Style being my favourite so far. You're bound to find a drink that you'll like - the drinks menu is huge! (Adobe Reader will be needed in order to view the document in the hyperlink) The food's good, too - I had the crème brûlée once, and it was one of the best desserts I've ever had. It was huge, too! The only other bar I've spent much time in is Buena Vista at the top of Alcazar. Honestly, the views from that bar are just stunning, and it's even more beautiful late at night when the park's all lit up.

I find it incredibly generous that Bell Rock rooms come with a giant chest that can accommodate enough space for plenty of beer glasses to be stored in, you wouldn't get that at any of our hotels.

Funnily enough, these chests also prove to be excellent when slid from the room out into the main corridor with a half naked @Russ atop them.

Duss - Ever knocking the superior off resort hotels :p.

Also, I realise I'm turning this into a bit of a bar topic here, but one bar which is often overlooked is Bar El Circo in El Andaluz. Not necessarily one you'd go in late at night, it's a nice atmospheric bar to pop into for a couple of Sangrias. There's often music playing in there, and in the colder months the roaring fire is a great addition too :).

I wasn't a fan of Bell Rock, it seemed a little too modern and sharp for me? I much prefer Colosseo and the corridor between it and the others.

I've stayed in both Colosseo and El Andaluz. Of course Colosseo is the far more impressive hotel but we stayed in El Andaluz last year after the rooms had been re-furbished. It is the cheapest of the hotels yet the rooms were on par with Colosseo, if not better. Certainly worth a stay if you want to save a few pennies.

All of the hotels are brilliant to be honest and they all offer something slightly different. Bell Rock is the most different of the hotels however I think they have done an outstanding job with it. Spirit of St. Lois is the perfect place to grab a couple of drinks and a bite to eat after the park has closed. The choice of cocktails is outstanding as it the Club Sandwich Nelson.

El Circo is a lovely bar for when you are in a smaller group and even better now that it is non-smoking.

The choice of eateries is also top class with something for almost every taste and price range. The highlight though has to be Silver Lake Saloon. Top class food and top class entertainment. One of my favourite places to eat in the world.

:)

I loved Bell Rock. I really loved the style of it, and the music/noise that is played in the background in the hotel.
We had a lovely time after being in a bar and wondering back to the hotel and sitting in front of the log fire. A great way to end a day in EP.

We explored the other hotels and they all looked excellent. I would love to stay in the rest of them at some point.

Every visit to Europa the hotels/bars are a personal highlight the two bars that really stand out for myself are Buena Vista Club and Roland's lodge

I would imigion spirit of St. Louis is amazing on a summers afternoon sitting outside :)

Oh, Spirit of St Louis is great in the summer. I remember sitting outside there on my first night at EP at about 11:30pm, and it was still so warm. I didn't even feel the need to put my jumper back on!

Bell Rock and Santa Isabel are my favourites. My real criticism of Beina Vista at Alcazar is the lack of a smoking ban. I really like the way that the other bars have separate smoking rooms but I think that this really needs to be addressed at Buena Vista because last time it was a genuinely unpleasant experience when the bar was full and it really didn't need to be.

Funny, the ability to smoke is exactly why I like those bars. Germany isn't as prejudiced against smokers as this arsepit of a country. :)

Funny, the ability to smoke is exactly why I like those bars. Germany isn't as prejudiced against smokers as this arsepit of a country. :)
That was rather restrained from you Diogo.

But I have to agree, whilst it had nice views, the smell of smoke in bar Buena Vista was really off putting.
It really shows how low tolerance for smoke I now have. Even after only being in there for about 30 mins I started to get a head ache. Then there was the problem of bringing that smell back to our room.
I fell Spirit of St Louis handles it better with the separate smoking room.

I don't seem to recall anyone moaning about smoke before the ban came in. I reckon it's made you all soft.

... but anyway, let's not get too far off topic...

Interestingly I was chatting to someone the other day who's taken up Vape. Since then he's really noticed the smell of cigarettes. Of course the flavoured Vapes he uses have their own rather funky smell (which I'm fine with) but he now understands why some find the smell unpleasant when before he hadn't even been aware of it.