• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass Systems and Disabled Access (pre 2024)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The entire Duel indoor queue line has been adapted to make it wheelchair accessible! :)

image0.png

Unfortunately this does almost certainly mean that the slanted floor on the ramp will be gone.
I'll take that though - my cousin who is a wheelchair was told he couldn't ride at Scarefest last year so this is welcome change in my opinion. The tilted floor is not a loss if it makes the ride more accessible!

The entire Duel indoor queue line has been adapted to make it wheelchair accessible! :)

image0.png

Unfortunately this does almost certainly mean that the slanted floor on the ramp will be gone.

This is a warning for all those that are arguing for all the main queue lines to be made wheelchair friendly...

...be careful for what you wish for!

This is a warning for all those that are arguing for all the main queue lines to be made wheelchair friendly...

...be careful for what you wish for!

Although I think the props look wrong in the room and it needed a proper budget to redo from scratch, I think the overall experience for those who used to have to enter via the exit will have improve.
I'm not a wheelchair user, but I did use that entrance when I had a hotel fasttrack a couple of times and it was not a good experience pushing through the guests exiting the ride, past those trying to look at their ride photos and along a corridor that was never designed for two way traffic and then having to pull open an unthemed door with an ugly sign on it.
Going up a ramp and joining the main queue will be a significantly better experience than using the exit I think.

Yeah I can confirm pushing a wheelchair in the old RAP entrance to Duel was not a pleasant experience, so I'd much have it this way!

I mean, if people are going to moan against accessibility for all visitors just because a room you spend two seconds in is rearranged and "not as good as before" then they need to sort out their priorities.

I don't think for the moment that anyone is moaning against accessibility. The moans are the way that they executed the converting of the queue line.

Yet again saw a vlog from someone clearly abusing the use of the RAP queue. In the vlog they joined the main queue for the rides with shorter waits, but as soon as there's a long wait "We're using RAP for this one as it's got a long queue ans we aren't willing to wait that long for it". Absolutely disgusting to see this happening regularly now. I feel sorry for those with genuine disabilities who have no choice but to use the disabled entrance when you get idiots who think they're entitled to abuse the system and take advantage by trying to use it as free fastrack

Yet again saw a vlog from someone clearly abusing the use of the RAP queue. In the vlog they joined the main queue for the rides with shorter waits, but as soon as there's a long wait "We're using RAP for this one as it's got a long queue ans we aren't willing to wait that long for it". Absolutely disgusting to see this happening regularly now. I feel sorry for those with genuine disabilities who have no choice but to use the disabled entrance when you get idiots who think they're entitled to abuse the system and take advantage by trying to use it as free fastrack
Please can you link to this vlog

Yeah it's absolutely disgusting and the point I was making the other day. I hate people doing this!! There needs to be a clamp down - and fast!

And they were so blatant about it, they didn't even hide the fact that they were abusing RAP for getting on the ride quicker as appose to access. I've seen this many times over the years. If you are going to cheat the system, why video it and then post it all over the internet? Selfish idiots! :mad:

Unfortunate, the genuine ones that require level access do not have the option of choosing between the RAP and Main queue line. The only option that they have, is either use the level access queue line or don't ride at all.

And they were so blatant about it, they didn't even hide the fact that they were abusing RAP for getting on the ride quicker as appose to access. I've seen this many times over the years. If you are going to cheat the system, why video it and then post it all over the internet? Selfish idiots! :mad:

Unfortunate, the genuine ones that require level access do not have the option of choosing between the RAP and Main queue line. The only option that they have, is either use the level access queue line or don't ride at all.
Remember that not all genuine RAP users obtain it for mobility reasons. Some qualify because they have learning disabilities, which can cause distress, like myself and @imanautie.

It can be a difficult call to make, it can be context based, for example someone who might have a panic attack in a busy queueline one time might be ok another time. Ideally in that case they would only use RAP when it was necessary, not as free fastrack whenever they choose just because they can qualify for RAP. It's down to the individual to make the call.

But when obviously in this vlog they admit to just using it to skip the queue, it takes the mickey.

In general RAP should be far better explained and implemented by the park staff who dish it out, youd think even they were convinced it was just "free fastrack" sometimes. Or have been in recent years anyway.

It can be a difficult call to make, it can be context based, for example someone who might have a panic attack in a busy queueline one time might be ok another time. Ideally in that case they would only use RAP when it was necessary, not as free fastrack whenever they choose just because they can qualify for RAP. It's down to the individual to make the call.

But when obviously in this vlog they admit to just using it to skip the queue, it takes the mickey.

In general RAP should be far better explained and implemented by the park staff who dish it out, youd think even they were convinced it was just "free fastrack" sometimes. Or have been in recent years anyway.
I've even heard some staff (at both Alton and THORPE) literally call it "free fastrack"

Remember that not all genuine RAP users obtain it for mobility reasons. Some qualify because they have learning disabilities, which can cause distress, like myself and @imanautie.
Yes we understand that. But the point is if you're able to wait in a main queue, there's no reason for you to have RAP really as those in the vlog only used it on rides with the linger waits, indicating they were just using it as free fastrack

That's basically me. I'm fine with walking and stairs, it's crowds that are the problem. That's the only reason I alternate between using RAP and main. I feel awkward if I use the RAP entrance when a ride is quiet, because my space could be taken by a wheelchair user who can only acess the ride that way.

Wheelchair users can also suffer from distress and anxiety too. I don't think people are questioning why they were using RAP, just the way that they were using it.

If you are going to flitter between the two for genuine disability reasons, then they should do it discreetly. If they had a disability, perhaps doing a helpful blog about using the RAP system and how it can benefit those with disability would be more helpful than the way they they just being flippant about using it to get on the ride quicker which sends out the wrong impression

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.