• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass Systems and Disabled Access (pre 2024)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ah right ok, We have applied for a carer pass but not heard anything back from them yet so not sure if it will be available in time for Mondays trip to AT. Maybe I should ring Merlin to see what i can do.
Thank you for your response, appreciate your help.
I know hindsight makes everything seem easier but the carer pass should have been applied for immediatly after buying the annual pass for the guest with additional needs. (Back when most passes were done in person you would just sort out both passes at once).

They do state they should reply within 48 hours to the request.

I know hindsight makes everything seem easier but the carer pass should have been applied for immediatly after buying the annual pass for the guest with additional needs. (Back when most passes were done in person you would just sort out both passes at once).

They do state they should reply within 48 hours to the request.
Give Merlin credit, a quick 5 minute phone call and it was all sorted, the lady on the phone was wonderful and everything has been sorted. Due to ill health we've not had a break or holiday for 2 years so we're having a staycation of merlin attractions next week. So were looking forward to getting back to AT on Monday, Legoland Weds, CWOA Thurs and our first visit to TP on Friday, though as its opening day we're guessing it will be busy.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

We are visiting 4 attractions next week using a MAP going with 1 carer, I'm amazed how different each of the attractions are when trying to book a carer ticket.
AT - gives you the option to add carer alongside MAP, 1 click done 👍
TP - have to go through another part of the site few clicks more than necessary but eventually done 👍
LL - Similar to TP could be made easier but eventually done 👍
CWOA - What a pain in the backside it is trying to add a carer with an MAP, it simply doesn't allow you to book an online ticket 🙄 it seems you can book a carer with full paying ticket but not with MAP 👎👎👎

How can 4 sites using the same templates be so different? If anyone has any advice on how to add a carer pass with a MAP that would be great.
Plus Towers allow carer tickets to be used straight away, whereas at Thorpe you only get a "reservation" and have to collect the actual ticket from the ticket office/accessibility centre.

Screenshot_20220429-193947_Facebook~2.jpg

I imagine this won't be properly enforced, not at first at least, but a further effort to control access to RAP and make it actually accessible and usable to those who actually need it.

I imagine this won't be properly enforced, not at first at least, but a further effort to control access to RAP and make it actually accessible and usable to those who actually need it.
I assume that renewals will also be online via the usual application form? Mine expires at the end of October so I'll need to do it before Scarefest.

How will this work in terms of getting the card to mark the times on tho? Im assuming u will still need to go and get this from guest services on the day? So will it really save that much time for them?

How will this work in terms of getting the card to mark the times on tho? Im assuming u will still need to go and get this from guest services on the day? So will it really save that much time for them?
The timecard takes two seconds to issue if you already have the photocard. At Towers last year I didn't even have to go into Guest Services as a staff member went along the queue issuing the timecards to those who had photocards.

Chessington are supposedly moving over to a digital virtual queue system, so no more time cards. You pick a ride and it'll tell you when you can go on

Not sure how well it'll work but in theory it should ensure they can control the number of FT and RAP guests arriving at each ride to avoid long waits for users.

How many friends / family are RAP currently allowed to take into that queue? The reason I ask is I remember queueing for Nemesis 1 time and clearly the same group came via the exit, and took the back 2 rows. Seemed excessive that they all got the access. Almost felt like I was in a real time skit show after queueing 45 mins.

The timecard takes two seconds to issue if you already have the photocard. At Towers last year I didn't even have to go into Guest Services as a staff member went along the queue issuing the timecards to those who had photocards.
Ah right thanks. I have the photo access card for my friend as they issued it last year and it’s valid for 2 years. Is that all I need on the day then? Thanks

I can't imagine that rule will stay in place. 7 days in advance doesn't exactly make it very accessible, does it?

But equally a lot less accessible than having stand in queues for 6+ hours just because you didn't fill in an arbitrary form, an arbitrary period of time before your visit.

Ultimately, the Towers prefer guests to have an Access Card as proof of access So those guests have already applied to be part of a scheme the park accepts. It's therefore hard to see what the park would need an extra seven days for.

How many friends / family are RAP currently allowed to take into that queue? The reason I ask is I remember queueing for Nemesis 1 time and clearly the same group came via the exit, and took the back 2 rows. Seemed excessive that they all got the access. Almost felt like I was in a real time skit show after queueing 45 mins.
+3

5 for Towers (6 overall) and 3 for Thorpe, Chessy and Legoland (4 overall).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.