• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass Systems and Disabled Access (pre 2024)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
RAP queues were diabolical yesterday given how busy the park was. Anyone who can't stand for long periods would have found it hell. On most rides the hosts didn't put a time on my card, probably because of how long the RAP queues were. Did notice that both Nemesis and Galactica were using two rows for RAP though (new Galactica did that but wasn't aware of Nemmy doing it).

At one point we joined the RAP queue for Thirteen and it was pretty long, then to add to our our misery it broke down as we were at the top of the ramp! Got talking to the groups both in front of and behind us while we were waiting though, which was nice.

@Skyscraper How long were the RAP queues vs. the advertised standby wait ?
I didn't keep track of how long we waited, but considering that the RAP queues were physically very long and they only load a small number at once, it could have been a fair bit longer, especially for Thirteen.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but it seems both Thorpe Park and Alton will be switching to a Reserve and Ride system next year

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully will encourage Towers to improve their wifi coverage, as it is diabolically shocking at the moment lol.

Very annoying that people are doing that, would have thought parks would want to clamp down on them. I wouldn't be surprised if Towers and Thorpe do eventually switch to R&R though, would make sense.

Imagine being such a low life that you pretend to have a disability just to get more rides in. I feel so sorry for the people who genuinely need to use that system and I also feel sorry for the park as it must be hard to refuse people in fear of upsetting somebody.

Welcome to England 2022. It's the pits. :(

I've always said RAP works fine as it is on off peak days and have said on multiple occasions i've not seen it abused....However last Thursday I had a group on Nemmy in front of me who used 1 pass for a group of 8 meaning they had to do 2 groups of 4. At the time it was only on 20mins so really the ride op should have told them to queue normally.

RAP queues were diabolical yesterday given how busy the park was. Anyone who can't stand for long periods would have found it hell. On most rides the hosts didn't put a time on my card, probably because of how long the RAP queues were. Did notice that both Nemesis and Galactica were using two rows for RAP though (new Galactica did that but wasn't aware of Nemmy doing it).

At one point we joined the RAP queue for Thirteen and it was pretty long, then to add to our our misery it broke down as we were at the top of the ramp! Got talking to the groups both in front of and behind us while we were waiting though, which was nice.

See the not putting times on the cards is why the queues get so long, you effectively turn the RAP into a normal queue as there is no staggering of the guests.

I've always said RAP works fine as it is on off peak days and have said on multiple occasions i've not seen it abused....However last Thursday I had a group on Nemmy in front of me who used 1 pass for a group of 8 meaning they had to do 2 groups of 4. At the time it was only on 20mins so really the ride op should have told them to queue normally.
That is an op fail. Max 4 per card. There is the possibility 2 in the group hard a card though?

See the not putting times on the cards is why the queues get so long, you effectively turn the RAP into a normal queue as there is no staggering of the guests.
Good point, not putting times on the card probably made the queues even worse.

That is an op fail. Max 4 per card. There is the possibility 2 in the group hard a card though?

Yeah they almost certainly will have had two cards for 8 people, as the cards have 1 to 4 on which a staff member circles. I teamed up with a friend's group for Galactica who also get RAP, and both of our groups had 4 people. I said 8 with two RAPs and they checked both of them then sent us two the back two rows.

I've had a look at their posts and they are heavily damaging Thorpe's brand, lots of insults and swearing. Merlin really should get that account closed.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.