• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass Systems and Disabled Access (pre 2024)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just noticed this;

unknown.png

Good start, but I still think there should be a merge host there on busy days as not everyone will read the sign.

I guess it also means they have the ability to provide a higher level of training to the centralised team regarding awareness of certain disabilities and a better way of being able to spot potentially fraudulent applications since they will be more likely to notice suspicious evidence documents than if it was separate teams across all the parks.

Alton Towers have worked with AccessAble to produce a guide covering the whole resort.

From the press release:

As part of their wider journey to improve access for all, Alton Towers Resort has become the first theme park to partner with AccessAble; the UK’s leading provider of detailed disabled access information.

Alton Towers Resort have worked in partnership with AccessAble to create Detailed Access Guides for over 100 areas of the Resort, including accommodation, waterpark and attractions, to help support guests visiting the UK’s biggest theme park.

The Guides compile facts, figures, and photography to help guests plan their visit to Alton Towers Resort, covering key areas such as family and thrill rides, themed restaurants and shops, spa, as well as Extraordinary Golf course. Each Guide has detailed information on everything from parking and hearing loops, to walking distances and accessible toilets. They aim to help provide guests with as much information as possible to support them before and during their visit and aid inclusivity

The guide can be found here. There is also a mobile phone app.

Alton Towers have worked with AccessAble to produce a guide covering the whole resort.

From the press release:

As part of their wider journey to improve access for all, Alton Towers Resort has become the first theme park to partner with AccessAble; the UK’s leading provider of detailed disabled access information.

Alton Towers Resort have worked in partnership with AccessAble to create Detailed Access Guides for over 100 areas of the Resort, including accommodation, waterpark and attractions, to help support guests visiting the UK’s biggest theme park.

The Guides compile facts, figures, and photography to help guests plan their visit to Alton Towers Resort, covering key areas such as family and thrill rides, themed restaurants and shops, spa, as well as Extraordinary Golf course. Each Guide has detailed information on everything from parking and hearing loops, to walking distances and accessible toilets. They aim to help provide guests with as much information as possible to support them before and during their visit and aid inclusivity

The guide can be found here. There is also a mobile phone app.
That guide has been there for a year or so now, but I bet they still haven't updated the bits I flagged even though they said they would. 🙃

That guide has been there for a year or so now, but I bet they still haven't updated the bits I flagged even though they said they would. 🙃
Had a quick scroll through some of the guides - it's impressively detailed, but to the extent that it would need constant updating to be up to date... as in, I could imagine it would need updating daily to stay completely up to date.

Had a quick scroll through some of the guides - it's impressively detailed, but to the extent that it would need constant updating to be up to date... as in, I could imagine it would need updating daily to stay completely up to date.
Just had a look myself, the Duel page has been updated but the Thirteen page has not (those are the ones I flagged for changes because of the RAP entry points changing).

Last week, when there were queues worth avoiding if it was an option, RAP seemed to being used far less than it was a couple of years back. Don't know if that one day is a fair representation of how the system is used now, but have the changes made managed to get the availability down to only those who actually need it? A huge improvement if so.

Last week, when there were queues worth avoiding if it was an option, RAP seemed to being used far less than it was a couple of years back. Don't know if that one day is a fair representation of how the system is used now, but have the changes made managed to get the availability down to only those who actually need it? A huge improvement if so.
Possibly school groups where the usual processes for rap don't apply

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.